down time at cap

boredofford

How many shifts is CAP running and how often is the plant shutting down. I have been trying to get hold of my Taurus X since May, and I am quite frustrated at this point. I can only hope that the MKS helps provide the additional volume to keep this factory running near capacity.

How many shifts is CAP running and how often is the plant shutting down. I have been trying to get hold of my Taurus X since May, and I am quite frustrated at this point. I can only hope that the MKS helps provide the additional volume to keep this factory running near capacity.

we have 2 shifts and supposed too have more down time comeing in the comeing months

we have 2 shifts and supposed too have more down time comeing in the comeing months

How long are the shut downs, a couple of days or more like a week? It sound like you get paid, but I myself would prefer to work because that is long term job security.

Ford desperately needs to advertise these vehicles. The Taurus X doesn't directly compete with the Edge and with the sudden increase in the Looney, the margins on a domestically built vehicle have to be better.

is it by any chance related to retooling for MKS? or was that done already?

Igor

ity's a combanation of sales aand retooling but still no ads = low sales and yes i get paid but i'd rather work.

mullally came to cap and said a big media blitz is going to happen were's it at? in the year end clearence ads no taurus but the new 08 focus is included WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.LIKE I SAIDTHANX FOR THE STAY AT HOME PAY

ity's a combanation of sales aand retooling but still no ads = low sales and yes i get paid but i'd rather work.

mullally came to cap and said a big media blitz is going to happen were's it at? in the year end clearence ads no taurus but the new 08 focus is included WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.LIKE I SAIDTHANX FOR THE STAY AT HOME PAY

Wow, I wish they paid me for staying at home. I am not aware of any other industry that gets such nice perks as getting paid almost full wages for staying home. Money wasted, which could have gone to product research and engineering, or putting better quality components into the vehicles.

When I hear stuff like this, makes me not want to buy a Ford.

p.s. I am not sure ANY advertising could help the Taurus sales. It's just not a desirable vehicle.

Wow, I wish they paid me for staying at home. I am not aware of any other industry that gets such nice perks as getting paid almost full wages for staying home. Money wasted, which could have gone to product research and engineering, or putting better quality components into the vehicles.

p.s. I am not sure ANY advertising could help the Taurus sales. It's just not a desirable vehicle.

Why do you say that, based on your own opinion? There you have it, the Taurus sucks.....right...As for paying employees to stay home, Ford doesn't have a choice.

Edited by suv_guy_19

all uaw get sub, and as for you not buying a ford cause of it, so what why are you on this site? why don't you buy a fucking toyota then? asshole

Why do you say that, based on your own opinion?

Uh no....how about Sales !! I said it b-4 the new Taurus came out. The car will not be considered a sales success. It doesnt have marketing, price point or a lineage to the old car. 3 strikes, you're out. CAP is down about as often as it is running. Certainly not good capacity #'s.

Uh no....how about Sales !! I said it b-4 the new Taurus came out. The car will not be considered a sales success. It doesnt have marketing, price point or a lineage to the old car. 3 strikes, you're out. CAP is down about as often as it is running. Certainly not good capacity #'s.

CAP also is still missing one of its major products. There are two reasons that the sales are low. Lack of marketing and a shrinking large FWD market. The fact is, this is a bigger Taurus. Cars tend to get bigger and more expensive through generations. Look at Honda and Toyota. It's not nearly as far off the mark as you say. They just need to advertise the thing.

And one more thing. It is not sales numbers that determine if a car is good or bad, they just determine if it is a success. A very good car can be a complete failure because people don't even know that its there.

all uaw get sub, and as for you not buying a ford cause of it, so what why are you on this site? why don't you buy a fucking toyota then? asshole

I am an asshole?

I have owned 4 fords in the last 7 years.

For Ford's sake, I hope you are not a Ford employee. I don't think Ford needs people like you.

Edited by smok

I am an asshole?

I have owned 4 fords in the last 7 years, 2 Focus', Ranger and now a Fusion.

For Ford's sake, I hope you are not a Ford employee. I don't think Ford needs people like you.

if i based my purchase of a product on the basis of the employees wage or benefits then i would be an asshole!

CAP also is still missing one of its major products. There are two reasons that the sales are low. Lack of marketing and a shrinking large FWD market. The fact is, this is a bigger Taurus. Cars tend to get bigger and more expensive through generations. Look at Honda and Toyota. It's not nearly as far off the mark as you say. They just need to advertise the thing.

And one more thing. It is not sales numbers that determine if a car is good or bad, they just determine if it is a success. A very good car can be a complete failure because people don't even know that its there.

Major Product ?? MKS ?? Even with it, Ford will be lucky to get CAP capacity back to previous yrs sales of around 160,000-170,000. And thats with 4 models. I generally agree that 500/Taurus was a solid car perhaps a very good car. But if it doesnt also sell, asta la vista baby. Ford needs more/better marketing and to re-connect with customers that have left over the last 6-8 yrs.

Major Product ?? MKS ?? Even with it, Ford will be lucky to get CAP capacity back to previous yrs sales of around 160,000-170,000. And thats with 4 models. I generally agree that 500/Taurus was a solid car perhaps a very good car. But if it doesnt also sell, asta la vista baby. Ford needs more/better marketing and to re-connect with customers that have left over the last 6-8 yrs.

Your right on everything. Better marketing is the answer.

I have a CAP question for you. I have a Taurus X that is suppose to ship from Chicago to Jessup, Maryland on Thursday. My dealer is so close to Jessup, that when it arrives, they can send someone over to pickup it up immediately. Question is how long will that train ride take. I would love get my car Friday or Saturday.