Lincoln Legroom

Edstock

Here's a quick and clumsy take on a TC

It's the longer "L" model, but with standard rear doors, with the "B" pillar moved back, with the front doors 6" (?) longer instead.

With a new interior/IP with adjustable pedals and tilt/telescopic steering column, maybe it's not so silly.

tc1.jpg

Too bad Chip Foose never did a TC.

It's the longer "L" model, but with standard rear doors, with the "B" pillar moved back, with the front doors 6" (?) longer instead.

With a new interior/IP with adjustable pedals and tilt/telescopic steering column, maybe it's not so silly.

tc1.jpg

What's the advantage to that over the regular "L" model, which has the longer rear doors?

I've always thought the "L" model should have become the standard sized TC model since it's addition anyway.

Wasn't there 2 or 3 different length wheelbases for the Wixom TC? And are they doing to use all those at STAP when TC kicks off there or are they going to use CV/GM length wheelbases there from now on?

I've always thought the "L" model should have become the standard sized TC model since it's addition anyway.

Wasn't there 2 or 3 different length wheelbases for the Wixom TC? And are they doing to use all those at STAP when TC kicks off there or are they going to use CV/GM length wheelbases there from now on?

Well, isn't there a long-wheelbase version of the Crown Vic also that is used for taxi service to allow more legroom when the "fence" is installed between the front and back seats? I think I heard something about that...not sure if that was the same wheelbase as the Town Car "L" though. It might have been a bit shorter.

Well, isn't there a long-wheelbase version of the Crown Vic also that is used for taxi service to allow more legroom when the "fence" is installed between the front and back seats? I think I heard something about that...not sure if that was the same wheelbase as the Town Car "L" though. It might have been a bit shorter.

It adds an extra 6" I believe. It doesn't say that anymore, but it does under key features talk about the LWB model.

https://www.fleet.ford.com/showroom/2008fle...8-crviccomm.asp

Legroom. The lengthened wheelbase is used to give the front seat more legroom (moving the B pillar back); the rear seats remain with stock legroom which is good.

Oh, I understand. I thought it was the same as the "L" model, only w/ reversed doors (shorter rear, longer front) as opposed to the L's longer rear, shorter front.

tc1.jpg

Where did that come from anyway?