Grievance filing procedure - in simple ENGLISH

kapten

Does anyone know if the filing procedure for time off, is the same as the 2003 contract? Could you explain it in plain English other than "You are ******".

Please explain further.

Your thread title is "replying to grievance filing procedure" but your statement asks for the filing procedure for time off.

What kind of time off? Grieving a type of disciplinary time off? (what kind - discharge, penalty etc..), FMLA time off?, using EAA or VAC time off?

I am confused as to what procedure you are questioning.

Please explain further.

Your thread title is "replying to grievance filing procedure" but your statement asks for the filing procedure for time off.

What kind of time off? Grieving a type of disciplinary time off? (what kind - discharge, penalty etc..), FMLA time off?, using EAA or VAC time off?

I am confused as to what procedure you are questioning.

Edited by kapten

File your greivence, but a good union member would not be looking to take others down with them. just my opinion though.

I agree with you on the part about taking others down with you, but there is no way in hell I would take the heat for something I didn't do. Idiot wants to eat french fries on the job then take the responsibility for it. Dont burn me because I didn't notice that you are stuffing food into a headlamp!! Is there language in the DCP that requires you to inspect for extra food left in the headlamp?

I once carried the classification of Production Checker. Next to me worked an Assembler. I could be written up for a mistake he made, because my job was to check his work also. We were paid the same. Fair? yes, that was the rule.

You, your fellow workers, the union and the company would probably respect you a lot better if you sucked it up and took the 'punishment' if their is any. The ultimate arbitrator is the customer who doesn't care who's fault it was, he doesnt like looking at a half eaten hamburger in a headlight housing.

Final resort is to bake some brownies with X-LAX in them and place them next to the person who was working and eating.

I am refering to deciplinary time off. I am disputing the reason for the measure taken. There were other persons involved in the end result of a bad part being shipped out. In my book,whoever was eating on the line should shoulder some of the blame for the foriegn object found in the headlamp assembly. Since I was the last to handle it, I am getting all the blame. Just 2 days ago, another food piece was found in another lamp. I seem to be the only one in trouble here. Is this even worth filing a grievance over the time off?

If you feel that you were wrongfully disciplined then you have the right to ask for a grievance. You have 2 dys to file for a paying grievance and 3 days for a discipline grievance. Need to give reason why you feel you were unjustly disciplined. The person next to me did it, isn't really reason either.

If 5 cars were speeding down the expressway and you were the only one pulled over...could you get out of the ticket if you told him that everyone else was speeding too? Probably not!

Give your rep something good to fight with and I am sure he will fight! If he feels you do not have a good case, he does not have to file it. You may then appeal it in accordance with the UAW Constitution. Ask your President for a copy!!

I am refering to deciplinary time off. I am disputing the reason for the measure taken. There were other persons involved in the end result of a bad part being shipped out. In my book,whoever was eating on the line should shoulder some of the blame for the foriegn object found in the headlamp assembly. Since I was the last to handle it, I am getting all the blame. Just 2 days ago, another food piece was found in another lamp. I seem to be the only one in trouble here. Is this even worth filing a grievance over the time off?

How much time off were you given ?

From past experiences. Filing a grievance with your local union is a friggin joke. Especially at the plant I used to work at. Most of the grievances would be bargained away up in Labor Relations. Yeah... You think your union is gonna help you when they tell you that "The company can do whatever they want" or "They can do that" or some other bullshit excuse just to benefit the higher up oligarchy of the union?

COME ON! :hysterical:

Edited by Bored of Pisteon

From past experiences. Filing a grievance with your local union is a friggin joke. Especially at the plant I used to work at. Most of the grievances would be bargained away up in Labor Relations. Yeah... You think your union is gonna help you when they tell you that "The company can do whatever they want" or "They can do that" or some other bullshit excuse just to benefit the higher up oligarchy of the union?

Let me guess......your experience is that the foreman asked you to work and you called your rep and asked if he could make you! :cry:

couldnt of said it better myself. too bad everyone cant see the writing on the wall,lol.

couldnt of said it better myself. too bad everyone cant see the writing on the wall,lol.

Your Union representatives are voted in by a majority of the membership. Usually they vote for the person who they feel can do the best for them. They either do a good job and get re-elected, or do a bad job and someone else beats them.

Based on your comments and Bored's, I can assume one of the following are true:

1.) You may be two of those troubled current (or past) employees, that no one can make happy, always has a problem (or thinks they do and really don't) doesn't want to work, always whining they got screwed, wah wahhhhhh etc...etc.... The Union can never do right by them. Or;

2.) Your Union officials really do suck, in which case they will undoubtedly get voted out of office, thus solving your problem.

I would not assume that anyone in case number 2 would broadcast their hatred of the Union by making universal statements degrading the entire UAW, therefore, I can reasonably assume that you belong to group #1.

What the two you need to realize, is you are the Union. Those you complain about are your peers, at your plant, elected by you and your membership. The statements and derogatory remarks you make are about all of us, that's who the UAW is. Regular members who stand up and say "vote for me". Some suck, get them out. Some succeed, keep them in, after all- that is part of a democracy. But in the end, they are just one of us, trying to do a job.

You could have ran for office, why not? It is easy to cast criticism.

How special. A worker bee feeding his face and allowing the refuse to fall into a part when he/she is supposed to be concentrating on their job.

Or perhaps this is a new promotion? A free leftover Happy Meal with the purchase of your next Ford Motor Company product. :hysterical:

Hey melons...is your real name Sheri? You are a salaried fk..please go share your Christmas cheer with the rest of your over paid sucretarys! Get me some coffee beeeeatch!

Edited by Captain723

How special. A worker bee feeding his face and allowing the refuse to fall into a part when he/she is supposed to be concentrating on their job.

Or perhaps this is a new promotion? A free leftover Happy Meal with the purchase of your next Ford Motor Company product. :hysterical:

DRINK UP MEL!!!!

shut_the_fuck_up.JPG

Your Union representatives are voted in by a majority of the membership. Usually they vote for the person who they feel can do the best for them. They either do a good job and get re-elected, or do a bad job and someone else beats them.

Based on your comments and Bored's, I can assume one of the following are true:

1.) You may be two of those troubled current (or past) employees, that no one can make happy, always has a problem (or thinks they do and really don't) doesn't want to work, always whining they got screwed, wah wahhhhhh etc...etc.... The Union can never do right by them. Or;

2.) Your Union officials really do suck, in which case they will undoubtedly get voted out of office, thus solving your problem.

I would not assume that anyone in case number 2 would broadcast their hatred of the Union by making universal statements degrading the entire UAW, therefore, I can reasonably assume that you belong to group #1.

What the two you need to realize, is you are the Union. Those you complain about are your peers, at your plant, elected by you and your membership. The statements and derogatory remarks you make are about all of us, that's who the UAW is. Regular members who stand up and say "vote for me". Some suck, get them out. Some succeed, keep them in, after all- that is part of a democracy. But in the end, they are just one of us, trying to do a job.

You could have ran for office, why not? It is easy to cast criticism.

it doesnt matter who is voted in........

#1 ford motor company is going to do what they want to, when they want to, and NO ONE can do anything about it. regarless of who is voted in.

#2 it is not that the individulals are shitty committemen, its that its fords way or no way, fuck our contract.

#3 the company violates the contract on a daily basis then they deny the grievances and place them in file 13. we are in a no win situation.

so, i just come to work, do my job, nothing more, nothing less and try to put up with the idiotic bullshit handed out by management.

it doesnt matter who is voted in........

#1 ford motor company is going to do what they want to, when they want to, and NO ONE can do anything about it. regarless of who is voted in.

#2 it is not that the individulals are shitty committemen, its that its fords way or no way, fuck our contract.

#3 the company violates the contract on a daily basis then they deny the grievances and place them in file 13. we are in a no win situation.

so, i just come to work, do my job, nothing more, nothing less and try to put up with the idiotic bullshit handed out by management.

It may seem that way to you. And I respect your opinion brother, but the UAW wins a lot of grievances that Ford doesn't want to pay - at the local levels, National levels and at the Umpire. Your statement is too universal for me to accept though, so I have to strongly disagree that this is the way things are, as I know differently.

You have a great union structure down there in general, I know them. I have seen them go to bat for the membership many times, and I have seen them win, not always, but they fight anyway. That is a good union brother.

I told you before that you have it better than most, with a great product there, a new bodyshop, etc.

Have a little Christmas cheer bro. Tis the Season!

Merry Christams and Happy New Year to ya, even though we may disagree on this point. Best wishes to you and your family.

It may seem that way to you. And I respect your opinion brother, but the UAW wins a lot of grievances that Ford doesn't want to pay - at the local levels, National levels and at the Umpire. Your statement is too universal for me to accept though, so I have to strongly disagree that this is the way things are, as I know differently.

You have a great union structure down there in general, I know them. I have seen them go to bat for the membership many times, and I have seen them win, not always, but they fight anyway. That is a good union brother.

I told you before that you have it better than most, with a great product there, a new bodyshop, etc.

Have a little Christmas cheer bro. Tis the Season!

Merry Christams and Happy New Year to ya, even though we may disagree on this point. Best wishes to you and your family.

maybe i am only seeing a fraction of what actually goes on with our union. i do know one thing though, there is not very many people that is at all happy with our union, so i am not alone.

mine would be a little happier if i could get someone to explain why ford held $1600 from my bonus check for child support when i dont even pay child support, i recieve it. i got a letter from the child support office faxed to me that says i owe nothing, i inturn faxed it to payroll and called them and was told that ford held the money out because they had a court order to do so.

so, i called the child support office back, and there has NEVER been a court order, i want to know who STOLE $1600 from me, its been since november 30th and the child support office dont have it, but payroll says they sent it to them...........someone is lying to me some where and im not too merry about it.

merry christmas and happy new year to you and yours as well