2009 Expedition

hessdk

Has anyone heard if the '09 Expedition will get a higher horsepower 5.4? I have read on the F-150 forum that the '09 F-150 will be around 325 Hp. Thanks for the feedback.

Navigator definitely is getting the 6.2l - it will be the first FoMoCo vehicle with that engine. I would assume Expy gets the new 5.4l - the 07+ Expy and the new F150 share the whole nose structure / engine bay - so there should be no engineering reason.

Igor

• 3 weeks later...
Navigator definitely is getting the 6.2l - it will be the first FoMoCo vehicle with that engine. I would assume Expy gets the new 5.4l - the 07+ Expy and the new F150 share the whole nose structure / engine bay - so there should be no engineering reason.

Igor

Anyone know any other updates on the '09 Expy? Aside from more HP, any details on the updated 5.4L engine? Better MPG? E85 capable?

The 08' Expedition sold in the UAE has 335bhp/5000rpm output with a 400lb-ft/3750rpm torque. Its the normal 5.4 3 valve Triton unit. Attached a (unclear) copy of the spec sheet...

That's your 08 model? That's the old body style. Maybe horsepower is measured differently there than here? Or maybe is it additional emissions equipment maybe?

That's your 08 model? That's the old body style. Maybe horsepower is measured differently there than here? Or maybe is it additional emissions equipment maybe?

Its the new body style... As a matter of fact, the new body style is available since early this year already here in the UAE starting as the new 07 model.... See attached some pictures of my vehicle.

I do not think the hp is different measured here... The 06 model, the old style was 300bhp... I think you maybe right that it has to do with the emission equipment... there is no strict law here.

post-30003-1199107153_thumb.jpg

post-30003-1199107185_thumb.jpg

post-30003-1199107198_thumb.jpg

post-30003-1199107365_thumb.jpg

Edited by busser

I like the dvd headrests. What brand are they?

They are an original Ford option. You can either have a center roof mounted DVD system or a system build in the head rest. The advantage of the head rest is that it has 2 DVD players. You can either watch one movie on both monitors, or watch on either monitor a different movie. In the Manual it refers to Invision Mobile Video... Probally the manufacturer.

Oddly, that spec sheet had pictures of the old body.

I agree that the higher hp rating probably has to do with emissions standards.

Those are nice looking condos. They look like the ones I saw on TV that are being built on those new man-made islands off of Dubai...is that where you are?

Edited by Rob052067

Oddly, that spec sheet had pictures of the old body.

I agree that the higher hp rating probably has to do with emissions standards.

Those are nice looking condos. They look like the ones I saw on TV that are being built on those new man-made islands off of Dubai...is that where you are?

You are right, just now I realize that the spec sheet has the old body shape on it.... strange... they must not have updated that particular page because the rest of the booklet is showing pictures of the new body style....

Our place is in Jumeirah 1, its about 800 meter from the beach in Dubai, but about 20km from the Palm islands. The first project of the Palm island here is nearing completion, but right now it looks like a concrete jungle.... Wait 2 years and it’s probably the most beautiful place in Dubai.

Dubai is being built so incredibly fast by tens of thousands of migrant workers - I don't know how the government inspectors can keep up to ensure that safety laws and building standards are all complied with.

It's a very grand city plan. It sure will be an amazing oasis in a couple more years.

Not a bad place to be right now for you, considering it's winter back home.

Edited by Rob052067

You are right, just now I realize that the spec sheet has the old body shape on it.... strange... they must not have updated that particular page because the rest of the booklet is showing pictures of the new body style....

Our place is in Jumeirah 1, its about 800 meter from the beach in Dubai, but about 20km from the Palm islands. The first project of the Palm island here is nearing completion, but right now it looks like a concrete jungle.... Wait 2 years and it’s probably the most beautiful place in Dubai.

That's why I was asking if that's the 08 brochure, it showed an old Expedition.

Its the new body style... As a matter of fact, the new body style is available since early this year already here in the UAE starting as the new 07 model.... See attached some pictures of my vehicle.

I do not think the hp is different measured here... The 06 model, the old style was 300bhp... I think you maybe right that it has to do with the emission equipment... there is no strict law here.

Nice looking truck.

Are they (Ford) going to change the body to keep up with the competion. And with the new Fuel rukes I hope ford has the money to do the improvements. And I have one Question , I've been hearing rumors that a new vehicle was going to be put into MTP (Michigan Truck Plant) , And that is would be announced sometime in the firt quarter of 2008?

So do I. I'm a little disheartened by some of the problems, but its a very nice vehicle over all.

Don't fret too much about the problems discussed on here. It's not uncommon for there to be bugs in new products, and there were a lot of changes to the Expy starting with the '07 model. And, the number of actual problems may only seem magnified via the online discussions by what really amounts to only a handful of owners. Overall, quality of the new Expy has been better than average according to surveys by JD Powers and Consumer Reports. Surveys, of course, are not 100% representative, but they are much more an indication of overall product quality than are the opinions of those of us who seek out and write on online forums.

I'm a couple weeks away from placing my 08' Expy order, which at this point I'm 95% certain to do. My only hesitation is related to MPG and worries of gas prices going even higher over the next few years. But, there's no other vehicle on the market that has the head, leg, hip, and shoulder room for big & tall guys like me, and when considering overall passenger & cargo space, ride comfort, excellent handling, standard safety features, and the relative low price, the Expy is a terrific overall vehicle.

Don't fret too much about the problems discussed on here. It's not uncommon for there to be bugs in new products, and there were a lot of changes to the Expy starting with the '07 model. And, the number of actual problems may only seem magnified via the online discussions by what really amounts to only a handful of owners. Overall, quality of the new Expy has been better than average according to surveys by JD Powers and Consumer Reports. Surveys, of course, are not 100% representative, but they are much more an indication of overall product quality than are the opinions of those of us who seek out and write on online forums.

I'm a couple weeks away from placing my 08' Expy order, which at this point I'm 95% certain to do. My only hesitation is related to MPG and worries of gas prices going even higher over the next few years. But, there's no other vehicle on the market that has the head, leg, hip, and shoulder room for big & tall guys like me, and when considering overall passenger & cargo space, ride comfort, excellent handling, standard safety features, and the relative low price, the Expy is a terrific overall vehicle.

Oh, I always knew that the problems were not wide spread and would be fixed, its just not quite as flawless as some of Fords other launches have been.

My family, especially my mom, loves our 2004 Expedition (our second, the first was a 97). As you said, with all the stuff it offers, there's no better product on the market. I would love to have a new 08 model, but we might be downsizing next time we replace it.