2009 Chevy Traverse Spy Photos

Blue Oval Guide

I think these came out a while ago.

Anyways, the Traverse looks like it'll be another GM rebadge, no real distinct sheetmetal or anything.

Oh yes because it is GM who is giving their luxury cars no more than a new nose from their chevy counter part............oh wait that is Ford.

GM has been far better with rebadges than Ford has, compare the Milan and Fusion to the Aura and Malibu.

Oh yes because it is GM who is giving their luxury cars no more than a new nose from their chevy counter part............oh wait that is Ford.

GM has been far better with rebadges than Ford has, compare the Milan and Fusion to the Aura and Malibu.

Indeed... sales are really bearing that out ;)

I knew somebody would bring that up.

I should've been more descriptive. I wasn't referring to the Enclave vs. Outlook/Acadia differences, I was referring to the Outlook vs. Acadia differences, which is very little, besides a different front clip, different taillights, and a tad different interior. This Traverse looks like it'll be on the Outlook vs. Acadia degree of differences.

Don't get me wrong, Ford does it to, especially w/ Mercury. The Lincoln situation is being solved slowly but surely (see Taurus/Sable vs. MKS). Lincoln's models will all be very differentiated from their Ford brethren soon enough, given time.

Edited by rmc523

I knew somebody would bring that up.

I should've been more descriptive. I wasn't referring to the Enclave vs. Outlook/Acadia differences, I was referring to the Outlook vs. Acadia differences, which is very little, besides a different front clip, different taillights, and a tad different interior. This Traverse looks like it'll be on the Outlook vs. Acadia degree of differences.

Don't get me wrong, Ford does it to, especially w/ Mercury. The Lincoln situation is being solved slowly but surely (see Taurus/Sable vs. MKS). Lincoln's models will all be very differentiated from their Ford brethren soon enough, given time.

Well Ford couldn't be bother to do more with mercury that give it a silver painted dash piece that isn't available in the ford counter part.

Looking at the spyphotos, I don't think it will carry the sme rofile as the outlook and Acadia, the windows are different. But we'll see. Differentiation such as the Malibu and Aura should be standard in rebadges.

Well Ford couldn't be bother to do more with mercury that give it a silver painted dash piece that isn't available in the ford counter part.

Looking at the spyphotos, I don't think it will carry the sme rofile as the outlook and Acadia, the windows are different. But we'll see. Differentiation such as the Malibu and Aura should be standard in rebadges.

To my eye, the Fusion and Milan look different. More so than with Taurus and Sable before 500/Montego. The Milan front and rear look nothing like the Fusion. Only the interiors are similar. For the MKZ, the engine, front, rear, and interior are different. The Fusion and Milan are different enough in that if I were buying either one I would pick the Milan as it comes with more standard features for same money and I like the back end better. As for front, I don't have preference.