2009 Toyo Corolla - drum brakes and 4 speed auto

range

LOL. This is some funny shit. You Ford Fans picking on a basic FWD economy car for having a beam rear suspension.

Look at Ford's lineup. The only performance car in the Ford/Lincoln/Mercury lineup that can cost many time more than the Corolla also has a beam rear axle.

LOL. Carry on with the Toyota Hate(envy).

It is funny.

But more of an apples to apples comparison...I bet the Corolla has rear headrests. :stirpot:

Muhahahahhahah...evil.gif

It is funny.

But more of an apples to apples comparison...I bet the Corolla has rear headrests. :stirpot:

Muhahahahhahah...evil.gif

While I agree the Mustang needs an IRS, it is more complex to implement in a RWD car than a FWD. With all the grief Ford gets for carrying over platforms, there's no excuse for Toyota to keep that archaic suspension on a FWD platform, especially with all the cash they have on hand.

Edited by TomServo92

Well, the XRS only has a manual. So, the older ladies will not get a stick, and the sporty car fan boys do not want a Corolla. So who will buy?

When Ford refreshes an old compact they are slaughtered, but Toyota reskins and uses old transmissions and brakes, and it A-OK, since they make cars that run on air.

Wrong. The XRS I believe also comes with a 5 speed automatic. And if u want more power, the dealer will install a supercharger just like the Scion TC that would bump the horspower to 200. And it is covered under warranty. But let us face it, by the time the new Corolla comes out gas prices in some parts of the country could apporach 4 bucks a gallon and performance will take a backseat to fuel efficiency. That is why Toyota sells a boatload of Corolla.

funny thing is that Corollas DID have independent rear suspension for 20 years before they switched to the rear beam on the current generation. Never did figure out why they did that.

If the replacement costs for the rear struts on the newer platform is less than what it cost on my wife's 2000 Corolla, I'm all for doing away with a rear independent suspension and getting a simpler design. It's not like she really cares either way. My 92 Plymouth Acclaim cost me about $30 to replace the rear shocks on way back when.

Oh yeah - I hate the rear headrests in her Corolla as well.

I had to take mine off and put them in a bag in the trunk. Blocked too much rear visibility and I rarely carried passengers in the back seat. That combined cycle gas mileage of around 34 mpg was really nice, though. As for the rear suspension, yeah, it may not be a real corner carver, but, it was good on the highway and competent around town. It is an automotive appliance, nothing more. It doesn't bother me that it has a torsen beam rear axle.

Point being...?

Too bad no one mentioned the Mustang, or even mentioned it. If everything else in the market has pretty much abandoned it, then why should Toyota retain it? Isn't Ford constantly hazed for this sort of mentality? Does Toyota have a real reason as to why the Corolla should retain a torsion beam suspension? I mean if you can answer this questions logically (which I know you of all people won't) then I'd be willing to side with you. Otherwise, once again you have proved that your logic is yet again flawed.

Meanwhile doesn't that Focus suck because it uses the OLD C170 platform.

What I find REALLY amusing is the billboard I saw in Phoenix while I was there over holiday touting the Corolla as 'Sporty'. Umm, yeah right.

Edited by Michael Reynolds

Well, the XRS only has a manual. So, the older ladies will not get a stick, and the sporty car fan boys do not want a Corolla. So who will buy?

When Ford refreshes an old compact they are slaughtered, but Toyota reskins and uses old transmissions and brakes, and it A-OK, since they make cars that run on air.

Exactly.

Too bad no one mentioned the Mustang, or even mentioned it. If everything else in the market has pretty much abandoned it, then why should Toyota retain it? Isn't Ford constantly hazed for this sort of mentality? Does Toyota have a real reason as to why the Corolla should retain a torsion beam suspension? I mean if you can answer this questions logically (which I know you of all people won't) then I'd be willing to side with you. Otherwise, once again you have proved that your logic is yet again flawed.

Meanwhile doesn't that Focus suck because it uses the OLD C170 platform.

What I find REALLY amusing is the billboard I saw in Phoenix while I was there over holiday touting the Corolla as 'Sporty'. Umm, yeah right.

I did mention it...indirectly

So you people complain about a economy car having a cheap rear suspension, but the ancient suspension in a car that is meant to be driven is fine.

What a bunch of hypocrites.

I don't like the Corolla simply because they do not have an up to date suspension....our Honda Civic, even though the DX trim has rear drums(the EX has rear discs), still has a suspension that is keeping up with the times........

Think of the Corolla as a SENIOR CITIZENS PRIDE AND JOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:boring: :boring: :boring: