Volvo XC50?

rmc523

As far as I can tell there is to be an XC30 now, rather than a 50.

Based off the C30, I heard about that, I wasn't sure if there was an XC50 ever, so I guess you're probably right, if it did exist, probably replaced by the XC30/60 combo.

So now Volvo's XC lineup will look like this:

XC30

XC60

XC70

XC90

That seems to be correct. I'm sure you saw the news a week or two ago about the 90 ending production and then Volvo coming back and denying that news. If the Flex is based on the 90 then it wouldn't make sense for Volvo to quit that platform. BTW, the XC60 is looking great. Also, a Swedish friend sent me a cover from a magazine over there with the next 60 sedan on the cover and it's a must-have.

That seems to be correct. I'm sure you saw the news a week or two ago about the 90 ending production and then Volvo coming back and denying that news. If the Flex is based on the 90 then it wouldn't make sense for Volvo to quit that platform. BTW, the XC60 is looking great. Also, a Swedish friend sent me a cover from a magazine over there with the next 60 sedan on the cover and it's a must-have.

I've seen renderings of the new S60 and it does look good. I did see the news about the XC90. I've seen spy shots of the XC60 as well it looks good to and the way things seem to be going for Volvo in the US right now, these new products can't come fast enough.

BTW, do you know if this XC30 is same thing as the 5 door C30 Volvo is considering/going to build?

I'm 99% sure they are separate models. The 5 door is just that- a five door C30. The XC30 is a new body (cuv).

I see, thought I'd ask, since they seem like pretty similar concepts/ideas, but I can see where there'd be differences.

I have yet to see a C30 on the road, my dad saw his first one a couple months ago.

does anyone know if the XC60 will be at NAIAS in production form? I'm wanting to buy one when they hit the ground.

It is scheduled to debut there in production form, although you may have to wait until the end of the year to get one. Apparently they won't be in the U.S. until the 4th quarter of 2008.

It is scheduled to debut there in production form, although you may have to wait until the end of the year to get one. Apparently they won't be in the U.S. until the 4th quarter of 2008.

That sounds so far away, but knowing how fast time flies, it'll be here in no time.

oh well that doesn't bother me. I'm going to take delivery in europe so I need more time to plan my vacation.

I see, thought I'd ask, since they seem like pretty similar concepts/ideas, but I can see where there'd be differences.

I have yet to see a C30 on the road, my dad saw his first one a couple months ago.

I think it really depends on where you live. I haven't seen one yet, but I'm on the lookout now. Maybe when spring comes, and people start driving for fun, we might see one.

I think it really depends on where you live. I haven't seen one yet, but I'm on the lookout now. Maybe when spring comes, and people start driving for fun, we might see one.

That's true. Well I live in South Florida, so I would've expected to see at least one by now. I suppose the nearest dealer is quite a ways away as well, so that decreases my chances of seeing one as well.

Maybe I will see one nearer to springtime.