FORD GOES BANKRUPT IN 2008

crackhead

Ford can not keep losing money like they are. dont forget they already put everything on the line last year and they still losing money it cant go on forever they will have to file bankrupt :redcard:

That is a possibility. They may have to reorganize under the protection of bankruptcy laws. Ford may have a great line up of vehicles to choose from, but they still have to sell those great cars to make a profit. Sadly, the rich are getting richer and poor are getting poorer, so who is going to buy their cars. The middle class is disappearing, the poor cannot afford to buy Ford vehicles and the rich drive foreign.

Well, lets not think of this possibility, lets hope that Americans start supporting American companies and Ford turns a modest profit this year.

Ford can not keep losing money like they are. dont forget they already put everything on the line last year and they still losing money it cant go on forever they will have to file bankrupt :redcard:

if you think they have no money then they have you right where they want you wake up crack head

if you think they have no money then they have you right where they want you wake up crack head

Ford does have money, but their North American operations are losing money. Ford makes money in other countries, but they cannot continue to loose money in the U.S. Ford could file bankruptcy because they have mortgaged most of their U.S. assests and they need to make money in the U.S. to pay for that loan.

I think that it is time for you to wake up!! Do you honestly think that Ford has money and they are just hiding it?? :redcard:

Ford does have money, but their North American operations are losing money. Ford makes money in other countries, but they cannot continue to loose money in the U.S. Ford could file bankruptcy because they have mortgaged most of their U.S. assests and they need to make money in the U.S. to pay for that loan.

I think that it is time for you to wake up!! Do you honestly think that Ford has money and they are just hiding it?? :redcard:

What you are missing is that Ford is making money, the last report was $750,000,000. Their losses were limited to NA. All people will do by buying the competition is drive them out of the U.S. market completly! Then they can deal with the monster they created, (the import monopoly) by limiting their choices to just Toyota, Honda, and Nissan! Ford has the best selling car in UE, and many other successful products worldwide! Enjoy your Toyota! :hysterical:

What you are missing is that Ford is making money, the last report was $750,000,000. Their losses were limited to NA. All people will do by buying the competition is drive them out of the U.S. market completly! Then they can deal with the monster they created, (the import monopoly) by limiting their choices to just Toyota, Honda, and Nissan! Ford has the best selling car in UE, and many other successful products worldwide! Enjoy your Toyota! :hysterical:

For once i totally agree!!!with you. With all the bad raps put out by the so-called experts in the u.s. people have taken the bait hook,line & sinker and it's the domestics taking the hit. Funny how we(the domestic car makers)can put out such a good product around the world which people seem to love and buy and right here our own critics say we're sub-par sending many of us to the unemployment line. As you said enjoy your toyota...i'll continue to buy and support ford.

Edited by macattack

How old are you? You sound like you're twelve. Ford isn't the worst off now. There are other company's doing far worse (*cough* Chrysler *cough*), and every single piece of evidence shows that Ford is turning around. They just posted actual profits a month or two ago. Turning a company as large as Ford Motor Company is not an over-night deal, it will take time, but it will happen.

Imagine that you just awoke from a 100 year coma. You look around. What do you see? Cars. Cars. More cars. If it were me, I would assume that carmakers ruled the world. Do they co-operate and share the pie, or is it dog-eat-dog, as they would have us believe? If we believed that they ruled the world, it wouldn't go over too well with governments. If it costs $15,000 to build a car, and a car sells for $30,000, how are they losing money? Does anyone know how much it costs to build a car? They all seem to come out with new innovations at the same time. They are involved in joint ventures. Is the industry really as competitive as they say? If the industry is in such bad shape, how come we don't see a lot of car dealerships going bankrupt? I smell something fishy.

Edited by Trimdingman

Wow----Phil didn't have much hair even THEN! Makes me feel 1/10th better!

IMHO, one of Phil's best drum performances was on the Robert Plant song, "Im in the Mood."

You have to go back pretty far to find Phil with alot of hair...oddly, he did have hair when that pic was taken, had to be '74.

Here's a pic from '76..look at all his hair:

rainbow77eny6.jpg

Edited by Hellcat_F6F

Wow----Phil didn't have much hair even THEN! Makes me feel 1/10th better!

IMHO, one of Phil's best drum performances was on the Robert Plant song, "Im in the Mood."

As rabid of a Genesis fan as I am (and, BTW, I don't mind hijacking this thread because it's so stupid), it's hard to nail down my favorite Phil drum performance...I know I thoroughly enjoyed his drum solo, actually, his and Chester's, at their show at the Palace in September.

Prog rules!

How old are you? You sound like you're twelve. Ford isn't the worst off now. There are other company's doing far worse (*cough* Chrysler *cough*), and every single piece of evidence shows that Ford is turning around. They just posted actual profits a month or two ago. Turning a company as large as Ford Motor Company is not an over-night deal, it will take time, but it will happen.

It gets worse for them, because they are the only domestic without the benefit of markets outside of the U.S. they are cutting their own throat for a sale. I just watched their new add running in OH, Lifetime warranty (which we all knew about) and no payments till summer! That's right no payments for six months if you buy now! Man they are on the brink! As soon as I asked my buddy if he had heard what they said he said "Buy one and drive it 5 3/4 months and put it into a tree so that the insurance will pay it off!"

Edited by Furious1Auto

I got a relative in the IRS and that relative says every year they gain and f us to the bank. Now the IRS does not lie.