Ford is comeback kid in 2008

AlRozzi

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not surprised. Ford is coming back, we all know it, even if some of us choose to deny it.

Obviously you didn't read the question in the poll. The question asked which manufacturer has the most to prove. This means that by choosing Ford the most, most people think that Ford has the longest way to go, NOT that most people think Ford is on the way back. If anything, Ford is still in the most difficult position of the domestics.

Obviously you didn't read the question in the poll. The question asked which manufacturer has the most to prove. This means that by choosing Ford the most, most people think that Ford has the longest way to go, NOT that most people think Ford is on the way back. If anything, Ford is still in the most difficult position of the domestics.

Ford is worse off then Chrysler?

If anything, Ford is still in the most difficult position of the domestics.

Thats incorrect. Ford is doing fine around the world, they simply have to make things work at home. They are well on their way and it only seems to be getting better. Chrysler has the most to prove. GM has to prove that they are actually in the shape that they seem to be.

I do recognize that the poll question could be interpereted in either a positive or a negative way. It was set up poorly, asking for either responses related to a company that WILL prove itself most and/or one that NEEDS to prove itself most.

I chose to be an optimist and hope that responders are saying that Ford will surprise on the positive side more than any other of the contenders in the poll. I do believe this, too. I think it will take until the second half of the year in '08, but Ford will show some unexpected pluses in its sales results.

I also believe the economy will turn for the better in the second half, benefiting most automakers. For Ford, I expect the Flex to make some waves and in six months time the British companies will be out of the way and Farley will have had time to institute a decent marketing campaign for the Ford and Lincoln brands.

Also by mid-year we will have a clearer picture of Ford's small car offensive due to arrive shortly thereafter.

Edited by AlRozzi

I do recognize that the poll question could be interpereted in either a positive or a negative way. It was set up poorly, asking for either responses related to a company that WILL prove itself most and/or one that NEEDS to prove itself most.

I chose to be an optimist and hope that responders are saying that Ford will surprise on the positive side more than any other of the contenders in the poll. I do believe this, too. I think it will take until the second half of the year in '08, but Ford will show some unexpected pluses in its sales results.

I also believe the economy will turn for the better in the second half, benefiting most automakers. For Ford, I expect the Flex to make some waves and in six months time the British companies will be out of the way and Farley will have had time to institute a decent marketing campaign for the Ford and Lincoln brands.

Also by mid-year we will have a clearer picture of Ford's small car offensive due to arrive shortly thereafter.

I agree with your predictions.

trolls, i am no troll. a troll is rather stupid. i know my stuff. ford can do a decent job. i just dont believe that they shall come back as people think, cause they wont. they shall slowly teeter up for a while, then fall downward

Thank you for your input, now run along and play.

Okay eastwestsouth. You're on thin ice already. Not a good way to start off.

One more insult and your posts will be edited for content. Ranting and raving will get your tender young membership killed before its time.

As for the rest of the board, no insults of eastwestsouth in response to his insults.

One more insult and your posts will be edited for content. Ranting and raving will get your tender young membership killed before its time.

As for the rest of the board, no insults of eastwestsouth in response to his insults.

I'm impressed, Richard, very quick response. Good work!

I hve the "This thread is hijacked" picture ready if necessary!

I agree, not a good way to start off your BOF career.

I can assure you that he won't do it again as I now found out that I know this poster personally :banghead:

I hve the "This thread is hijacked" picture ready if necessary!

Don't use it. I can't hold him accountable for his insults if others are allowed to insult him.

I think he's a banned member creating a new account; regardless, we don't need this stuff here.

Or rather, we have a sufficiency of it, and don't need any more.

Don't use it. I can't hold him accountable for his insults if others are allowed to insult him.

I think he's a banned member creating a new account; regardless, we don't need this stuff here.

Or rather, we have a sufficiency of it, and don't need any more.

Very well, I agree, I don't like having all these insults and stuff posted everywhere either.

LOL... you gotta love the spin on this one.

"Which automaker do you think has the most to prove in 2008?"

+

goo_goo_blue.jpg

=

"OMG EVRY1 IS ROOTING FOR FROD!!!111!!!1one" :rolleyes:

I voted Chrysler.

I don't think it was so much spin as misunderstanding. I voted for Chrysler as well. We agree from time to time I suppose.

Edited by suv_guy_19