OHAP Elections

Spring

Is this the same Bruce Yates that we all know as "the invisible man"?The one who has had his time stopped by the chairman on numerous ocassions because he was not in the plant when he was supposed to be.The Bruce Yates who must have learned his job at Bob Evans.As for knowledge put him and a good union rep to-gether and you will find out how much (or in his case)how little he knows.It is only now that the election is near that you start seeing him.As for soliciting for job openings,it is the company's responsibility to do this.The union rep is responsible to ensure that the company have followed the correct procedure.This is called enforcing the contract.Apparently from your statements ( J BORES 6511) Yates is not very good at doing that.Maybe there is a reason that he can't pressure the company!!!

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roy wasn't in trim for a year and a half. He was only there for roughly 6 months. Just to clarify matters.

okay wow! Roy was in the area for just under a year. How long has Jimmy been back on the line! The point here that I am tryings to make is that a union rep. is only as good as the people behind them. If we all work together and inform them of what is going on and what we need to perform our jobs better then so much more will get done. We are not going to agree all of the time and there will be times when you get angry, however, if all you do is try to create chaos to make their job more difficult then that is what you are going to get .... chaos. We are adults now and we are no longer in high school.

On night shift we all informed Bruce what was going on and "asked" for his help. He went to bat for us and yes the grievences were answered right away and the jobs were filled, we got a new superintendent, the nepitism was stopped and even Tom Withrow got his group leader job that he rightfully had but never got the chance to learn. It was a team effort.

Cory said he has ten extra people. Ask him who they are. You see him everyday. Ask him who asked for the interior trim jobs and if no one, who he is going to get. The yelling and screaming, point fingers, and blaming needs to stop. If you want to get things done then go the exra mile and be a team player. We all need to work together to make a stronger union and to comunicate rationally with the company. If we want to stick around we all need to do this more. We just talked about this at the last union meeting so lets start now! :happy feet:

Is this the same Bruce Yates that we all know as "the invisible man"?The one who has had his time stopped by the chairman on numerous ocassions because he was not in the plant when he was supposed to be.The Bruce Yates who must have learned his job at Bob Evans.As for knowledge put him and a good union rep to-gether and you will find out how much (or in his case)how little he knows.It is only now that the election is near that you start seeing him.As for soliciting for job openings,it is the company's responsibility to do this.The union rep is responsible to ensure that the company have followed the correct procedure.This is called enforcing the contract.Apparently from your statements ( J BORES 6511) Yates is not very good at doing that.Maybe there is a reason that he can't pressure the company!!!

wow and double wow! People get sick. We don't blast your illness all over the internet! Maybe Bruce was invisible to you because he has been in negotiations with Nick for how long? Awhile. He is a B. C. maybe he was hoping the committeemen could run their area and did not need his help. Maybe no one asked for his help. We did and he sure helped us. Believe me, from what we saw, he enforces the contract and he can pressure the company. He went all the way to the plant managers office for us. Maybe you are talking to the wrong people. :hysterical:

wow and double wow! People get sick. We don't blast your illness all over the internet! Maybe Bruce was invisible to you because he has been in negotiations with Nick for how long? Awhile. He is a B. C. maybe he was hoping the committeemen could run their area and did not need his help. Maybe no one asked for his help. We did and he sure helped us. Believe me, from what we saw, he enforces the contract and he can pressure the company. He went all the way to the plant managers office for us. Maybe you are talking to the wrong people. :hysterical:

Bruce is the union rep on days why has he not made the company fill the dayshift openings?As for the committeemen needing his help,probably they knew his lack of ability so elected not to ignore him.I have heard that he has cut a HOG recently that will cost this membership dearly for years to come if he stays in office.(which I greatly doubt)When I find out more of the details I will post so you can question him yourself.Also heard that He got into it with the Irishman and that he ran to labor to file charges on Donovan.Some union rep.

Bruce is the union rep on days why has he not made the company fill the dayshift openings?As for the committeemen needing his help,probably they knew his lack of ability so elected to ignore him.I have heard that he has cut a HOG recently that will cost this membership dearly for years to come if he stays in office.(which I greatly doubt)When I find out more of the details I will post so you can question him yourself.Also heard that He got into it with the Irishman and that he ran to labor to file charges on Donovan.Some union rep.

So this chick wants everyone else to do their job and blames THEM because Bruce Yates won't do his?? :hysterical: She's sounding like him! Always a reason why its someone elses fault! Lady the guy isn't doing his job! He don't stay in the plant, he don't answer when you page him, he always has to check with Nick or says its (insert name)'s fault. He's a piece of crap! I heard he ran away from Donovan he was so scared! :ohsnap::hysterical: What a beeyach! Ran crying to labor relations! And this is the rep you think is so great? Gimme a break! Ask some of the folks in paint about him. Ask about how he lied to get a "endorsement letter". Ask around how many people he "filed" grievances for and didn't really file them. Or there out of time. For chrissakes hes a bargainign commiteeman and he can't even get jobs filled? If he can't get this done who are the regular commiteemen supposed to ask for help from? Isn't he supposed to back them up? Weak weak weak weak. And a friggin liar on top of it all.

Bruce is the union rep on days why has he not made the company fill the dayshift openings?As for the committeemen needing his help,probably they knew his lack of ability so elected to ignore him.I have heard that he has cut a HOG recently that will cost this membership dearly for years to come if he stays in office.(which I greatly doubt)When I find out more of the details I will post so you can question him yourself.Also heard that He got into it with the Irishman and that he ran to labor to file charges on Donovan.Some union rep.

I just herd what happened with Donovan! So does everyone see what he is now? One big hot head ! I would never want him to be our chairman. That is not what we need in this plant! If he ever got elected again we would probably be shut down for good. From what I herd, Bruce walked away from him and his threats and kept his composure and acted very respectful and professional. I would have lost it if someone was in my face threatening me and screaming like an idiot. It is one thing to get angry but it is another to totally loose it! Especially if you are running for chairman. wow! He lost control right in front of a superintendent and general foreman too! They went to labor and told the story. I bet Donovan was trying to provoke a fight. That is a leader for ya!

So this chick wants everyone else to do their job and blames THEM because Bruce Yates won't do his?? :hysterical: She's sounding like him! Always a reason why its someone elses fault! Lady the guy isn't doing his job! He don't stay in the plant, he don't answer when you page him, he always has to check with Nick or says its (insert name)'s fault. He's a piece of crap! I heard he ran away from Donovan he was so scared! :ohsnap::hysterical: What a beeyach! Ran crying to labor relations! And this is the rep you think is so great? Gimme a break! Ask some of the folks in paint about him. Ask about how he lied to get a "endorsement letter". Ask around how many people he "filed" grievances for and didn't really file them. Or there out of time. For chrissakes hes a bargainign commiteeman and he can't even get jobs filled? If he can't get this done who are the regular commiteemen supposed to ask for help from? Isn't he supposed to back them up? Weak weak weak weak. And a friggin liar on top of it all.

Sorry if I hit a cord with you! what happened? I liked you so much better before you got all twisted! Why don't you stick to the truth and tell everyone what Bruce did do for you....... You will never get elected by putting out letters like this! We need union reps with a head on their shoulders not a bunch of testosterone!

P.S. you are running right? :shades:

Sorry if I hit a cord with you! what happened? I liked you so much better before you got all twisted! Why don't you stick to the truth and tell everyone what Bruce did do for you....... You will never get elected by putting out letters like this! We need union reps with a head on their shoulders not a bunch of testosterone!

To tell you the truth I see too much focus on politics, and too little on the product. Politics don't keep us in a job, and we have a hard road ahead facing the economy, and while we are tying to change the publics perception! We have to be the best at what we do. We can have the best local in the system, but if we lose focus on quality trying to secure it. Than we have gained nothing. The same as being best in quality, if we cannot convey it to the auto market than reality won't affect sales. Sales keep us a job, and give us future oppertunities. I still see Ford moving out of the U.S., there was an announcement on another thread the FLEX is slated to be built in OAC. All of our new products are being built out of the country, OHAP is very lucky to be getting one of the few that will be built here ( the Transit ). Lets not screw it up!

Nope not running for nothing. What do you think Bruce did for me or anybody? I just can't deal with liars like him. But looks like you can. Inneresting huh?

To tell you the truth I see too much focus on politics, and too little on the product. Politics don't keep us in a job, and we have a hard road ahead facing the economy, and while we are tying to change the publics perception! We have to be the best at what we do. We can have the best local in the system, but if we lose focus on quality trying to secure it. Than we have gained nothing. The same as being best in quality, if we cannot convey it to the auto market than reality won't affect sales. Sales keep us a job, and give us future oppertunities. I still see Ford moving out of the U.S., there was an announcement on another thread the FLEX is slated to be built in OAC. All of our new products are being built out of the country, OHAP is very lucky to be getting one of the few that will be built here ( the Transit ). Lets not screw it up!

AMEN BROTHER! I am behind you there.

Nope not running for nothing. What do you think Bruce did for me or anybody? I just can't deal with liars like him. But looks like you can. Inneresting huh?

You know, that is interesting. I guess I am ranting on the internet because I feel that I was lied to also. I never got involved in the union stuff until I came to Avon and all of this B.S. started to effect me. Everyone is working so hard to make others look bad so they get elected here. There is a click here and there but no one big union. I know that you can not make everyone happy and that the union has a couple thousand people to keep track of. I would rather focus on the good things that reps. etc. have done rather then screaming, yelling, threatening and spreading of stupid rumors etc. I really wish everyone would think about our future together and not just their own over the next few years if they are elected.

You know, that is interesting. I guess I am ranting on the internet because I feel that I was lied to also. I never got involved in the union stuff until I came to Avon and all of this B.S. started to effect me. Everyone is working so hard to make others look bad so they get elected here. There is a click here and there but no one big union. I know that you can not make everyone happy and that the union has a couple thousand people to keep track of. I would rather focus on the good things that reps. etc. have done rather then screaming, yelling, threatening and spreading of stupid rumors etc. I really wish everyone would think about our future together and not just their own over the next few years if they are elected.

Jennifer, you're guilty of the exact same thing! You're citing the events that took place on Tuesday but were you there? No you were not! You do not know what took place. I was there and saw something totally different that what you described. Let me guess who your source of information was..... So lets think of one more thing we don't need - hypocrisy. You got on here complaining about things that you felt were unfair and you've complained about reps YOU don't like but you take offense when others do the same. Take another look at your posts and you'll see. So rather than chastising others who are venting based on THEIR experience with Bruce, you might want to be a little more supportive as others were to you when you were venting.

I just herd what happened with Donovan! So does everyone see what he is now? One big hot head ! I would never want him to be our chairman. That is not what we need in this plant! If he ever got elected again we would probably be shut down for good. From what I herd, Bruce walked away from him and his threats and kept his composure and acted very respectful and professional. I would have lost it if someone was in my face threatening me and screaming like an idiot. It is one thing to get angry but it is another to totally loose it! Especially if you are running for chairman. wow! He lost control right in front of a superintendent and general foreman too! They went to labor and told the story. I bet Donovan was trying to provoke a fight. That is a leader for ya!
Donovan was a leader but you wouldn't know a leader with your whining and moaning.As for Yates being professional check his background and then tell us, that know him as to what type of professional he is! Donovan losing control ,you can bet that was not the case.He may have been loud as you claim but when you talk to an idiot and need to get a message thru that's the way you have to act unfortunately at times.You are a remarkable person being able to report on an incident that you did not witness.Did Brucie whisper it in your ear.I don't know what happened but knowing both participants I would bet that whatever Donovan said to Yates was well deserved.

Donovan was a leader but you wouldn't know a leader with your whining and moaning.As for Yates being professional check his background and then tell us, that know him as to what type of professional he is! Donovan losing control ,you can bet that was not the case.He may have been loud as you claim but when you talk to an idiot and need to get a message thru that's the way you have to act unfortunately at times.You are a remarkable person being able to report on an incident that you did not witness.Did Brucie whisper it in your ear.I don't know what happened but knowing both participants I would bet that whatever Donovan said to Yates was well deserved.

Actually I have friends in management and they were shocked of his behavior! I agree that we need commiteemen with "spunk" and drive. We need B.C.'s that will press the issue, however, the last thing we need for our plant and our future is a raving maniac that chaisses people down the line acting like a dog who lost his bone and wants to be a chairman! I think this is an example of his behavior when he is under pressure or angry. Is that how you want your chairman to act when he is with international or Ford management or at conferences? I really feel that he made a terrible impression with management and the union on this one. He is the talk of the town now. We need to treat each other with respect. Didn't some one just say that we should treat each other how they would like to be treated. If you are concerned about our future (not just the next four or five years if that) think about who you want negotiating and communicating with the Ford management and international. Didn't Donovan sue international or was it our union or both?

I am not saying that I am right all of the time and that I know everything however, I think this election will effect our future and I really think that Yates is genuenly a good person. I am not going to let someone just say a bunch of .... and not say anything when I know that they are full of it! He may not be perfect, but he really helped us when we needed help. I am so thankful for that. I try not to complain much and I try to be a team player. As you see, I am the only one that I know of that does not hide behind a mysterious name... well, stumpy is also not afraid to make comments. He backs them up by signing his name. Everyone else pretends that they are someone else.

I am confident in what I am saying! I am also confident that the yelling, screaming, to each other and over the radio better stop. Grow up folks and act your age! Maybe getting angry is one thing but starting all this chaos and rumors is sickening and it is going to affect us all one way or another. I know that we are human and there is miscommunication. But, some of you can not communicate at all, You just want to intimidate anyone who stands in your way!

Edited by jbores6511

Jennifer, I don't hide who I am. Never have. Michael Donovan posts under his own name. Chris Viscomi posts under his own name. There are several others who post and don't hide who they are. Just for clarification. Again, you were not there. Yates tried to perpetrate a lie on the floor and got caught. Jerry told him he'd better not be trying to play his politics with people's jobs. Considering that they were several feet away from each other and on a factory floor it was done loudly. Yates knew he was in trouble so he tried to claim that something took place that didn't actually take place in order to divert attention away from what he had done. Yates is a liar and this time he got caught.

Spring ignore her man! She prolly thinks that Yates is gonna cut a deal for her. She'll figger is out soon enuff. Yates is prolly telling her what to say cuz like everyone is laughing at him! :hysterical: Ran like a chicken sh*t! He's pretty much freakin out dude cuz he knows he's toast. Then whats he gonna do when he can't sneak outta the plant no more??! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: I heard he's worried cuz he can't handle trim and the folks there are on to him and calling him on it so he's trying to get moved. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: This is killer man! Yates getting a washed up wannabe former supervisor or enginerr or whatever defending him on here. Maybe he can get JOe Lee to post somethign on here for him. Awwww poor baby Yates. :cry::baby::violin:

Edited by needtoknow

Actually I have friends in management and they were shocked of his behavior! I agree that we need commiteemen with "spunk" and drive. We need B.C.'s that will press the issue, however, the last thing we need for our plant and our future is a raving maniac that chaisses people down the line acting like a dog who lost his bone and wants to be a chairman! I think this is an example of his behavior when he is under pressure or angry. Is that how you want your chairman to act when he is with international or Ford management or at conferences? I really feel that he made a terrible impression with management and the union on this one. He is the talk of the town now. We need to treat each other with respect. Didn't some one just say that we should treat each other how they would like to be treated. If you are concerned about our future (not just the next four or five years if that) think about who you want negotiating and communicating with the Ford management and international. Didn't Donovan sue international or was it our union or both?

I am not saying that I am right all of the time and that I know everything however, I think this election will effect our future and I really think that Yates is genuenly a good person. I am not going to let someone just say a bunch of .... and not say anything when I know that they are full of it! He may not be perfect, but he really helped us when we needed help. I am so thankful for that. I try not to complain much and I try to be a team player. As you see, I am the only one that I know of that does not hide behind a mysterious name... well, stumpy is also not afraid to make comments. He backs them up by signing his name. Everyone else pretends that they are someone else.

I am confident in what I am saying! I am also confident that the yelling, screaming, to each other and over the radio better stop. Grow up folks and act your age! Maybe getting angry is one thing but starting all this chaos and rumors is sickening and it is going to affect us all one way or another. I know that we are human and there is miscommunication. But, some of you can not communicate at all, You just want to intimidate anyone who stands in your way!

You need to talk to your identical twin as all she does is whine and complain and people think that it's you.She even uses your name.I can't figure you out,0ne minute you are defending poor Bruce the next minute you critize him for trying to intimidate anyone who stands in his way.Incidentally,he only tries to intimidate women,men cause him too much trouble when he tries it with them.

Jennifer, I don't hide who I am. Never have. Michael Donovan posts under his own name. Chris Viscomi posts under his own name. There are several others who post and don't hide who they are. Just for clarification. Again, you were not there. Yates tried to perpetrate a lie on the floor and got caught. Jerry told him he'd better not be trying to play his politics with people's jobs. Considering that they were several feet away from each other and on a factory floor it was done loudly. Yates knew he was in trouble so he tried to claim that something took place that didn't actually take place in order to divert attention away from what he had done. Yates is a liar and this time he got caught.
Edited by jbores6511

Oh gosh sorry. You are right you do sign your name and I respect that! I thought of you after I posted. I knew I would hear from you. I do not respect your lieing and BS though. I do not agree with you on much anymore. I herd what your dad said and it was not just yelling over a production floor. It was threats and intimidation. Brett went running to you when he herd pieces of a meeting that Bruce and Cory were having and you lost it too. Management is taking notes of your behavior as well. After you lost it and called your dad he reacted to a situation without getting both sides. It was miscommunication.They wern't going to take you off your job. They were trying to solve a grienvence. But of coarse you want to twist things as you usually do.Your dads behavior was not mature or respectful and certainly not condusive to the qualities that we need in a chairman that will effect the future of our plant!

Lately your tactics of yelling and screaming all day are not the qualities of a good group leader. Your not a team player. In fact one of my friends told me that labor relations called Brett to take away your radio for awhile. They are getting tired of it too. People change. Mary try something new. I know it is election time but this all does not look good on you. You said it was time to agree to disagree. We definetly disagree so lets leave it at that!

Spring ignore her man! She prolly thinks that Yates is gonna cut a deal for her. She'll figger is out soon enuff. Yates is prolly telling her what to say cuz like everyone is laughing at him! :hysterical: Ran like a chicken sh*t! He's pretty much freakin out dude cuz he knows he's toast. Then whats he gonna do when he can't sneak outta the plant no more??! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: I heard he's worried cuz he can't handle trim and the folks there are on to him and calling him on it so he's trying to get moved. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: This is killer man! Yates getting a washed up wannabe former supervisor or enginerr or whatever defending him on here. Maybe he can get JOe Lee to post somethign on here for him. Awwww poor baby Yates. :cry::baby::violin:

Actually I would not be supprised if Joe Lee does say good things about him. In fact I would put money on it! They have a good working relationship and that is important here.

Oh gosh sorry. You are right you do sign your name and I respect that! I thought of you after I posted. I knew I would hear from you. I do not respect your lieing and BS though. I do not agree with you on much anymore. I herd what your dad said and it was not just yelling over a production floor. It was threats and intimidation. Brett went running to you when he herd pieces of a meeting that Bruce and Cory were having and you lost it too. Management is taking notes of your behavior as well. After you lost it and called your dad he reacted to a situation without getting both sides. It was miscommunication.They wern't going to take you off your job. They were trying to solve a grienvence. But of coarse you want to twist things as you usually do.Your dads behavior was not mature or respectful and certainly not condusive to the qualities that we need in a chairman that will effect the future of our plant!

Lately your tactics of yelling and screaming all day are not the qualities of a good group leader. Your not a team player. In fact one of my friends told me that labor relations called Brett to take away your radio for awhile. They are getting tired of it too. People change. Mary try something new. I know it is election time but this all does not look good on you. You said it was time to agree to disagree. We definetly disagree so lets leave it at that!

Jennifer, I cannot believe you actually believe what you're writing! I am not the one lying here. You're so off base on what you believe to be true that I wonder what plant you're talking about! Yes, Brett told me what Bruce said to Cory and Bruce was very specific. Furthermore, he said the same to one the operators in my group and to the temporary group leader on line 1. They all told me the same thing. Bruce can't handle the fact that I expect him to do his job and be responsible for his area. Furthermore, you were NOT there! So don't lie and say you were! In fact, when I asked Bruce if he had said what I had been told he admitted it in front of Cory and other people. Bruce was trying to solve a grievance that he couldn't get solved in labor relations. And labor relations was monitoring me on the radio, I was very well aware of this. Was I frustrated? Absolutely! By Bruce Yates' total lack of response to several situations that needed immediate attention. Apparently Bruce is the only one who has a problem with me on the radio yet I am not the only group leader saying these things. He wouldn't even respond to Nick when he called him! Nick told me that himself. Now Bruce might be telling you something different but I have witnesses to the exchange and there were statements given. Otherwise, why would Yates have withdrawn HIS statement in labor? Hmmmm? Now, shall we leave it at that? Yates has admitted to what I've said he said. His problem is that I'm not willing to tolerate his shenanigans and he knows it. I believe we've both made our positions abundantly clear. One thing, could you please try using spell check? It's in the upper right hand corner of the screen. Thank you.

I know, I know. One of my biggest baddest qualities is my spelling and I am sorry. I do not know where spell check is. One of these days I will bother to look for it. Sorry if I offended you.

As for Bruce retracting his statement. False. It is in your daddy's jacket! How many grievences are you going to give away to get that out of there! Bruce did not want to have another union member disciplined. If it were me..... I can not believe the twisted things that you post. That is why I spoke up in the first place. All I ask is that you be respectful and a team player. Help yourself instead of screaming at everyone else. You obviously have a huge chip on your shoulder. It would be wonderful if our union reps stuck together and we supported them. All I see from you is chaos.