OHAP Elections

Spring

Just my opinion but I believe we have a fine election committee. Brenda, Mike, Joe and Arlene have served on the committee before and done a great job. I believe this is mainly the reason they were re-elected. Janice, Rick, Yvvette, Tammy and Tommie are welcome additions. I believe they will serve with integrity and by the book. It is my sincere opinion that they will serve this membership very well and I wish to extend my congratulations to them.

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just my opinion but I believe we have a fine election committee. Brenda, Mike, Joe and Arlene have served on the committee before and done a great job. I believe this is mainly the reason they were re-elected. Janice, Rick, Yvvette, Tammy and Tommie are welcome additions. I believe they will serve with integrity and by the book. It is my sincere opinion that they will serve this membership very well and I wish to extend my congratulations to them.

My suggestion was just to elieviate the criticisms, the issue is candidates for the district committee, campaigning for those counting their votes. I don't believe that anyone is attempting to rig the election, but I don't want to hear that sh-t for the next for years either!

Iwould suggest that you talk to Tim Rowe who you speak highly of in regards to Robert Gonzalez.I have, and he told me that Robert Gonzalez has NEVER negotiated a contract contrary to his claim that he did.

I know that he signed it BUT it was as a courtsey that Tim allowed him to do so.We had quite a few brothers and sisters from Lorain who helped hand out leaflets when the region was on orgainsational drives also many brothers and sisters from other locals including local 2000.The Solidarity team{to the best of my knowledge} did not put out a ticket of endorsment in the election for the election committee.Most people in the plant said that the election committee is supposed to be neutral and should not have political groups endorsing them.

I dont know what kink of dream world you live in, tim rowe is running with Jerry if you believe what tim rowe tell you your your dum tim cant tell the turth to same his life bazley and robert were on the local contract negotiation team with Bill Allen and tim rowe no one would let anyone sign the local contract unless they were part of contract negotiation Bill allen would not have lrt them sign the local contract if they were not part of it just remember don rowe he one great lier

I dont know what kink of dream world you live in, tim rowe is running with Jerry if you believe what tim rowe tell you your your dum tim cant tell the turth to same his life bazley and robert were on the local contract negotiation team with Bill Allen and tim rowe no one would let anyone sign the local contract unless they were part of contract negotiation Bill allen would not have lrt them sign the local contract if they were not part of it just remember don rowe he one great lier

Please help this poor individual,the medication has worn off!

jbores you are two faced! I can't believe a former salary person is going to try to tell all of us hourly folks how to be union! You are such a joke! You're only union when you want something from the union. As for the Lorain ticket lets call it what it really is. Why do I know this? Because Robert has been going to all of us that came from Lorain and telling us how we need to stick together and take the union here over from the Avon Lake people. And that is what he's been telling us! Then he tells the Avon Lake people how we need change. He doesn't want to bring us together or heal this union he wants to keep us fighting each other so he can divide the vote. Just look at who's running with him. As for Tom Rowe and Pete Kitts, my boyfriend got transferred from Avon to Lorain and Tom told him he didn't deserve his representation and Pete just flat out wouldn't help him and he doesn't deny it! Tom Rowe was good to us if we were from Lorain but he should have represented everyone! Since coming to Avon Lake I have had Bill Samples as my rep, a certain rep who isn't here any longer but someone seems to freak out when you mention his name, Mike Donovan, Jimmy Hall and Bruce Yates. jbores talks about cutting hogs and whatnot and she seems to have her reps screwed up. Mike D. and Jimmy H. were the only ones that ever seemed to get back with us. Billy S. always spouted off about the company having the right, the other rep that was fired doesn't matter anymore and Yates doesn't tell you the same thing twice or he's going into a meeting and will get back to you or whatever or just doesn't come around. I'm just sick of all the lies and us people on the line are always the losers and caught in the middle. I want a rep that cares and shows they care and can really do the job instead of always blaming somebody else about why they can't get something done! No more lies and no more excuses!

jbores you are two faced! I can't believe a former salary person is going to try to tell all of us hourly folks how to be union! You are such a joke! You're only union when you want something from the union. As for the Lorain ticket lets call it what it really is. Why do I know this? Because Robert has been going to all of us that came from Lorain and telling us how we need to stick together and take the union here over from the Avon Lake people. And that is what he's been telling us! Then he tells the Avon Lake people how we need change. He doesn't want to bring us together or heal this union he wants to keep us fighting each other so he can divide the vote. Just look at who's running with him. As for Tom Rowe and Pete Kitts, my boyfriend got transferred from Avon to Lorain and Tom told him he didn't deserve his representation and Pete just flat out wouldn't help him and he doesn't deny it! Tom Rowe was good to us if we were from Lorain but he should have represented everyone! Since coming to Avon Lake I have had Bill Samples as my rep, a certain rep who isn't here any longer but someone seems to freak out when you mention his name, Mike Donovan, Jimmy Hall and Bruce Yates. jbores talks about cutting hogs and whatnot and she seems to have her reps screwed up. Mike D. and Jimmy H. were the only ones that ever seemed to get back with us. Billy S. always spouted off about the company having the right, the other rep that was fired doesn't matter anymore and Yates doesn't tell you the same thing twice or he's going into a meeting and will get back to you or whatever or just doesn't come around. I'm just sick of all the lies and us people on the line are always the losers and caught in the middle. I want a rep that cares and shows they care and can really do the job instead of always blaming somebody else about why they can't get something done! No more lies and no more excuses!
What was your husbands issue in Lorain, before you lible Tom we first have to determine what his grievence was or if he had a valid grip at all. I won't make blanketed statements mischaractorizing the entire temp. Avon work force like you just did about Lorain workers, but we had one in our area that did not like the available work he was assigned to. Also many were not accustomed to the type of work we do in chasis at all. Many of the Sandusky flowbacks also expienced the same thing when coming to OHAP! Edited by Furious1Auto

Yes its true Robert Gonzalez's Ticket for election committee won 5 spots out of 9

1. Brenda Davis

2. Tommie Thacker

3. Michael Cruz

5. Joe Chaney Jr

9. Tammy Gibson

Nick Ticket Won 2 spots out of 9

Janice Williams

Yvvette Engish

Jerry Donovan did not get anyone elected

THIS ELECTION WILL GET INTERESTING

this a Donovan run site and all I see is that Robert Gonzalez Has no experience I've Done A lot of checking on Robert Gonzalez

this is a good man he was elected to commtteeman 3 times 1990, 1993 and 1996 in 1996 Robert Gonzalez was appionted to Health & Safety and was on the local contract Negotiations team in 1996, 1999, and in 2003 which they rolled over the 1999 contract because the plant was closing that was a smart move. also Tom Bazley was also on the Negotiations team, also found out that Robert Gonzalez has been on plants emergency respond team for over ten years, Robert Gonzalez Help Region 2B in organizing Drives of non union plants in Lorain, Cleveland ares most of this information was on his Letter Robert Gonzalez has Experience

Honest you didn't have a local agreement in 2003 BECAUSE ROBERT AND COMPANY COULDN'T NEGOTIATE ONE. YOUR PLANT DIDN"T CLOSE UNTIL THE END OF DEC 2005. WHY DID YOUR WORK FORCE ACCEPT SUCH POOR REPRESENTATION? OHAP LOST THE ESCAPE AND MARINER AND STILL MADE SURE WE HAD A LOCAL AGREEMENT. DON'T LET ROBERT OFF THE HOOK WITH HIS BULLSHIT ANSWERS, HEALTH AND SAFETY HAS NO MEANING OR BEARING IN NEGOTIATIONS. THE SAFETY REPS AT OHAP HAVE BEEN IN NEGOTIATIONS TO GIVE A OPINION ON ISSUES BUT THEY DO NOT NEGOTIATE WITH THE COMPANY. HERE'S A QUESTION IF ROBERT WAS IN NEGOTIATIONS WHAT DID HE NEGOTIATE? THE ANSWER IS NOTHING THERE IS A RECORD AND MINUTES FROM THOSE MEETINGS IF ROBERT WAS IN THEM ASK HIM TO SEE WHERE HE INITIALED THE PAGES IN WHICH HE AGREED TO THE TERMS WITH THE COMPANY? IF HE SIGNED THE PAPERWORK AT THE END THAT DOESN'T MEAN HE NEGOTIATED ANYTHING. FURIOUS WILL POST THE PAPERWORK IF ROBERT HAS THE BALLS TO SHOW WHERE HE INITIALED THE PAGES AND AGREED TO THE TERMS WITH THE COMPANY. ALSO ASK ROBERT TO PRODUCE THE NOTES WITH HIS NAME AND DATE IN WHICH OUTLINES THE DEFINITION OF WHAT HE NEGOTIATED? IF NOTHING CAN BE PRODUCED I'LL HAVE TO SAY ROBERT IS FULL OF SHIT ALONG WITH BASLEY, KITTS, ROWE AND THE REST OF THE 425 REPS THAT ARE BACKING HIS SORRY ASS. AS FURIOUS WOULD SAY PRODUCE THE DOCUMENTATION AND LET US BE THE JUDGE IF YOU GOT IT!!!!!!!!! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Honest you didn't have a local agreement in 2003 BECAUSE ROBERT AND COMPANY COULDN'T NEGOTIATE ONE. YOUR PLANT DIDN"T CLOSE UNTIL THE END OF DEC 2005. WHY DID YOUR WORK FORCE ACCEPT SUCH POOR REPRESENTATION? OHAP LOST THE ESCAPE AND MARINER AND STILL MADE SURE WE HAD A LOCAL AGREEMENT. DON'T LET ROBERT OFF THE HOOK WITH HIS BULLSHIT ANSWERS, HEALTH AND SAFETY HAS NO MEANING OR BEARING IN NEGOTIATIONS. THE SAFETY REPS AT OHAP HAVE BEEN IN NEGOTIATIONS TO GIVE A OPINION ON ISSUES BUT THEY DO NOT NEGOTIATE WITH THE COMPANY. HERE'S A QUESTION IF ROBERT WAS IN NEGOTIATIONS WHAT DID HE NEGOTIATE? THE ANSWER IS NOTHING THERE IS A RECORD AND MINUTES FROM THOSE MEETINGS IF ROBERT WAS IN THEM ASK HIM TO SEE WHERE HE INITIALED THE PAGES IN WHICH HE AGREED TO THE TERMS WITH THE COMPANY? IF HE SIGNED THE PAPERWORK AT THE END THAT DOESN'T MEAN HE NEGOTIATED ANYTHING. FURIOUS WILL POST THE PAPERWORK IF ROBERT HAS THE BALLS TO SHOW WHERE HE INITIALED THE PAGES AND AGREED TO THE TERMS WITH THE COMPANY. ALSO ASK ROBERT TO PRODUCE THE NOTES WITH HIS NAME AND DATE IN WHICH OUTLINES THE DEFINITION OF WHAT HE NEGOTIATED? IF NOTHING CAN BE PRODUCED I'LL HAVE TO SAY ROBERT IS FULL OF SHIT ALONG WITH BASLEY, KITTS, ROWE AND THE REST OF THE 425 REPS THAT ARE BACKING HIS SORRY ASS. AS FURIOUS WOULD SAY PRODUCE THE DOCUMENTATION AND LET US BE THE JUDGE IF YOU GOT IT!!!!!!!!! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

I would and will set them to task, but you don't have to scream which is what you are doing in the internet world if you make an entire post from capital letters! I know Robert also and he is a good man, but would not mischaractorize all people from Lorain! We had our good and bad reps just as any other local! Don't lump all the Halls, Rowes, and Donovans together, many are not even from the same family! For instance I would vote for Tim Donovan, and he is not even related to the others. He is also not from my home local, Jack Hall is living well off of the grievences he buried to get the company to hire 300 temps when they did not need them in order to secure his reelection! That being said I also do not hold negative opinions of the Donovans! Mike is one of the strongest BC's I have ever seen, he is frequently in the plant on nights while I don't intervene he normally has the management hemmed up! While Spring despite Bucktooths accuastaions has steadily posted the reading of the min. for membership who could not attend the meetings to see including myself. Now who does that for free, when they do not even hold a position? Also Jerry Donovan found out my identity from the few who know who I am, and I had a lengthy talk with him as much as my a-s busting job will permit. It was the first time him and I ever spoke! He brought me a copy of his suit to read after he was alerted to all of the attacks against him so I could read for myself! I choose when this started not to be biased towards any candidate, While I refuse to be a tool! I cannot help but say that so far Jerry has impressed me the most by his knowledge out of every candidate that has visited my job station! He was not trying to impress me with his experience, but rather proving he has knowledge beyond local politics! he addessed free trade and social issues pertaining to the reasoning behind past plant closings! Imports, free trade! Most of which he did not even address with me directly, but rather two Jerry suck as-ses that clung to him in my job sation while he was there. But I had my ears open, I was listening. I had my back turned and heard what he was saying. The best I got from the two supporters confused as to why he was visiting me, was that they liked his accent. I guess that in somebody's world an accent is important in a leader, it seemed more important to me what he had to say! His knowledge is not limited to just our plant and some stupid popularity contest that means nothing at the end of the day! Real world economic and business issues! I'm not saying the others don't have a clue, but rather they are mind trapped and limited as to what happens in the plant! The world is much bigger than OHAP, this forum, and even our governments plan for us! Remember they want to raise CAFE standards. This means the loss of viability for our product, if our leaders cannot see it coming, and know what to do about it! we will all be looking for a job! I don't want a popularity contest winner from within our plant, but rather a leader that sees ahead and guides us to security! While the rest is up to us building quality!

Edited by Furious1Auto

Yes its true Robert Gonzalez's Ticket for election committee won 5 spots out of 9

1. Brenda Davis

2. Tommie Thacker

3. Michael Cruz

5. Joe Chaney Jr

9. Tammy Gibson

Nick Ticket Won 2 spots out of 9

Janice Williams

Yvvette Engish

Jerry Donovan did not get anyone elected

THIS ELECTION WILL GET INTERESTING

this a Donovan run site and all I see is that Robert Gonzalez Has no experience I've Done A lot of checking on Robert Gonzalez

this is a good man he was elected to commtteeman 3 times 1990, 1993 and 1996 in 1996 Robert Gonzalez was appionted to Health & Safety and was on the local contract Negotiations team in 1996, 1999, and in 2003 which they rolled over the 1999 contract because the plant was closing that was a smart move. also Tom Bazley was also on the Negotiations team, also found out that Robert Gonzalez has been on plants emergency respond team for over ten years, Robert Gonzalez Help Region 2B in organizing Drives of non union plants in Lorain, Cleveland ares most of this information was on his Letter Robert Gonzalez has Experience

Is this THE Robet Gonzalez? This is on the Journal's web page,

03/13/2008

BREAKING NEWS: Man charged after holding gun to wife's head outside Amherst business

AMHERST - A domestic situation escalated last night when a husband held a gun to his wife's head outside a downtown Amherst business, according to police.

A police officer, who was patrolling the downtown area, was approached by a male citizen saying Robert Gonzalez, 50, of Lorain, had a gun. The officer and several others responded to the area, at which time Gonzalez and his wife, Nawassa Gonzalez, 32, fell into an alcove of a downtown business, the report said.

Advertisement

At that point, Robert Gonzalez had a gun pointed at his wife's head.

The other male, who initially notified police, walked up to the Robert Gonzalez and somehow got the gun away from him, the report said. After retrieving the gun, the male turned and ran toward an officer who was walking up to the scene.

The officer, who saw the gun and feared for his safety, shot at the male citizen, but did not hit him, the report said. The man dropped to the ground and was taken into custody. He denied knowing Robert Gonzalez or his wife.

The loaded, 9 mm handgun was also recovered.

Robert Gonzalez was charged with kidnapping, carrying a concealed weapon, carrying a concealed weapon in a liquor establishment, aggravated menacing, domestic violence, and criminal damaging. The male citizen was arrested on an outstandng warrant from another department and charges may be filed by the Amherst Police Department.

For the complete story see Friday's Morning Journal

©The Morning Journal 2008

At this time, I believe that we should refrain from commenting and let the authorities complete their investigation. Right now there is too much room for speculation. What we don't need is anything said that could reflect back poorly on our local at this time.

http://blog.cleveland.com/plaindealer/2008...ter_freein.html

jen, is that the kind of leadership you think we need? cool, calm, and collected!

No way! All I can say is wow. If this is the same guy then I am glad we found out now instead of later. It does not change my vote any though. At least right now. Things may change. Their may be regrouping going on You never know. Who ever said it earlier..... This election is interesting.

How do you think I am two faced? wow. How do you figure you are anymore union then I am? because you have more time working on the line then I do? Because you never worked salary and I did? Because I have friends that are in Dearborn, labor relations, management on the floor and hourly and all your friends are hourly? I am sorry that your boyfriend had such a bad experience at Lorain. I thought it was a great place to work. I always had great representation from Tom and Pete. They did a great job for most of us! I should say.... most of us. We do not know your boyfriends story so how can we comment? I am sure there was a good reason for whatever they said. Tom and Pete are good people. If you talked to them you would know that they really cared about our local. I also want to make clear that when choosing a Bargaining rep. it is different then choosing a committeeman. B.C. are mostly in meetings so they better have knowledge and composure because alot of important decisions are made in those meetings! They better know their stuff. They are doing more representation for you but it is behind closed doors so you don't see them as much. They also make important decisions so if you have one that thinks they can do whatever they want.... you are going to get hog cutting and deals being made. If hog cutting is not important to you then are you really more union then I am? If your union representation feels that they can put whoever they want on a job or have whoever they want to work on a down week then seniority does not matter. We might as well toss it.

At this time, I believe that we should refrain from commenting and let the authorities complete their investigation. Right now there is too much room for speculation. What we don't need is anything said that could reflect back poorly on our local at this time.

The last name Gonzales is one of the most widely latin names used in this area, and the name Robert well..... Can anyone verify that it is the same Robert from our plant! If I am correct when working with his son I believe Our Robert Gonzales lives in Lorain! Also the article did not mention that guys employer as they typically would when they work at Ford!

Edited by Furious1Auto

The last nam Gonzales is one of the most widely latin names used in this area, and the name Robert well..... Can anyone verify that it is the same Robert from our plant! If I am correct when working with his son I believe Our Robert Gonzales lives in Lorain! Also the article did not mention that guys employer as they typically would when they work at Ford!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3WVE106JQoU

Just for you

Excuse me princess but simply asking somoebody not to mention a name hardly means freaking out. Out of respect for what people are going through they dont need to be trashed on this negative website.Mistakes are made eveyday so i was asking out of RESPECT to refrain from bringing that certain person up.Just like all the drama with Robert people love when negative things happen to people and thats a shame.Its his drama let him deal with it.WHO ARE WE TO JUDGE HIM THE ELECTION IS THE ONLY WAY WE SHOULD BE VOICEING OUR OPINION ABOUT HIM.