December & 2007 Compact Car Sales

waymondospiff

Make Model - Dec 2007 - Total 2007

Ford Focus - 14,023 - 173,552

Mazda3 - 9,337 - 120,291 (On what is, remember, the C1 chassis, which is too expensive for the NA market according to Ford.)

Chevy Aveo - 6,323 - 67,028

Chevy Cobalt - 17,591 - 200,620

Pontiac G5 - 2,509 - 27,928

Saturn Ion - 676 - 47,873

Dodge Caliber - 8,851 - 101,079

Toyota Yaris - 5,477 - 84,799

Toyota Corolla - 28,582 - 371,390

Scion xD - 1,638 - 10,948

Scion xB - 3,785 - 45,834

Honda Fit - 5,118 - 56,432

Honda Civic - 27,190 - 331,095 (Includes Hybrid sales of 3,223 in Dec & 32,575 in 2007)

Nissan Versa - 6,214 - 79,443

Nissan Sentra - 6,879 - 106,522

Hyundai Accent - 1,945 - 36,055

Hyundai Elantra - 3,757 - 85,724

Kia Rio - 2,910 - 33,370

Kia Spectra - 6,688 - 73,474

Subaru Impreza - 5,376 - 46,333 (Highest Dec & total year sales for the Impreza ever.)

For the month of December, here is the C-Class sales order:

Corolla - Civic - Cobalt - Focus - Mazda3 - Caliber - Sentra - Spectra

For the year, it looks pretty similar:

Corolla - Civic - Cobalt - Focus - Mazda - Sentra - Caliber

Scott

Mazda 3 made in Japan, non UAW labor. OK? Can we stop with the "shoulda been a C1" now, since the next gen C346 is coming?

The next gen C2 chassis is coming in 2011, I'd prefer to have had the C1 in 2005.

And I guess Mazda keeps the price down by taking advantage of that notoriously cheap Japanese labor, eh?

Scott

173,000 foci. sure is a lot of cars when it's supposed to be a huge flop.

The Focus is a big fleet dumper and heavily HEAVILY rebated (but so is the Cobalt).

The December sales are disappointing for a new model, especially with retail sales up so marginally. I dont' think it comes as any surprise that the Focus hasn't lit the market on fire, I can't find anybody who has positive thoughts about the car with the exception of my 63 year old father, but he still thinks the Astra is about the best thing since sliced bread ;).

Edited by BORG

The Focus is a big fleet dumper and heavily HEAVILY rebated (but so is the Cobalt).

The December sales are disappointing for a new model, especially with retail sales up so marginally. I dont' think it comes as any surprise that the Focus hasn't lit the market on fire, I can't find anybody who has positive thoughts about the car with the exception of my 63 year old father, but he still thinks the Astra is about the best thing since sliced bread ;).

9 percent isn't really what I would call marginal.

But most besides the F-Series sell around 10-15k a month. Plus a lot are like the vans and Crown Vics which are commercial, so I doubt the dealers make much off of them.

Yeah, so say Ford sold only 3 of each of its vehicles at each dealer. Thats 15x3=45 per month. Not all that bad, could be better. Really though, Ford is addressing this problem. They are reducing the number of dealers.

Yeah, so say Ford sold only 3 of each of its vehicles at each dealer. Thats 15x3=45 per month. Not all that bad, could be better. Really though, Ford is addressing this problem. They are reducing the number of dealers.

Heck..some of the tiny dealers in podunk towns likely have a few models they don't even bother keeping in stock at all. The bigger metro dealers are probably moving over a hundred of them a month.

Heck..some of the tiny dealers in podunk towns likely have a few models they don't even bother keeping in stock at all. The bigger metro dealers are probably moving over a hundred of them a month.

We have some rural dealers around here that stock 95% trucks. They may have a couple of Fusions and Foci and maybe an Edge but that's about it.

Edited by TomServo92

Just playing devils ad.

That's not terrible. But here near DC, those are low numbers. Kinda sad getting rid of dealers too.

On a side note Mazda sells an almost similar number of 3's yet with 1/8th the amount of dealerships.

Just playing devils ad.

That's not terrible. But here near DC, those are low numbers. Kinda sad getting rid of dealers too.

On a side note Mazda sells an almost similar number of 3's yet with 1/8th the amount of dealerships.

City dealers will sell many more cars, smaller dealers much less. Getting rid of dealerships is not a bad thing. It was kind of dumb to have as many as there were.