New Engine For Escape

I would think so, Anyone know since the current 2.3 in the escape has 153 hp and the 2.3 in the fusion has a 160 hp... Does that mean the 2.5 in the fusion will have 7 more Hp than the 2.5 in the escape?

It could be possible, I know the 3.5's hp ratings vary from vehicle to vehicle. Ex: Taurus 3.5: 263 hp, while Edge 3.5: 265 hp.

It could be possible, I know the 3.5's hp ratings vary from vehicle to vehicle. Ex: Taurus 3.5: 263 hp, while Edge 3.5: 265 hp.

Hopefully, the new 2.5 and the new 3.0 will perform well and give ford no major problems. Right now, Ford cannot have that kind of problem, NOT in the Fusion/Milan, Escape/Mariner since those are the major Ford products that many people are going for that those engines will be in. If ford should put the 2.5 in the Ranger, that should help sales a bit since the MPG's will be higher.

Hopefully, the new 2.5 and the new 3.0 will perform well and give ford no major problems. Right now, Ford cannot have that kind of problem, NOT in the Fusion/Milan, Escape/Mariner since those are the major Ford products that many people are going for that those engines will be in. If ford should put the 2.5 in the Ranger, that should help sales a bit since the MPG's will be higher.

I agree. I hope they work well.

Putting a new engine in the Ranger? At this point it seems that'd be like reskinning the Panthers (yes I mentioned them P71). While I'd be a good improvement, and I'd be all for it, I don't think Ford sees the advantages, since it will be discontinued next year (or in two years maybe?).

I would however like to see the Cologne 4.0 (?) in the Explorer replaced by the more fuel efficient 3.5, but I don't think that'll happen either. IMO, that would help to increase sales for Explorer.

...I would however like to see the Cologne 4.0 (?) in the Explorer replaced by the more fuel efficient 3.5...

That will happen ... eventually.

Ford has to keep Cologne running for as long as they have a contract, or until they have a replacement product. The only applications for the 4.0L are the Explorer, SporTrac, Mustang and Ranger.

Ford has to keep Cologne running for as long as they have a contract, or until they have a replacement product. The only applications for the 4.0L are the Explorer, SporTrac, Mustang and Ranger.

Take the 4.0 out of the explorer, sport trac , Mountaineer , mustang but leave the 4.0 in the Ranger.

The 3.5 would do well in the Explorer. It will have more horsepower and will get better MPG. But i thought i remember ford saying they do not have enough space to produce enough of the 3.5's which is why i assume it was not placed in the escape. Eitherway, the 4.0 needs to go and the 3.5 needs to go in.

I believe Ford is opening a new (or modifying an old) factory to produce more 3.5s.

Take the 4.0 out of the explorer, sport trac , Mountaineer , mustang but leave the 4.0 in the Ranger.

How long does Ford have a contract at Cologne? What if they could produce 3.5s there, would you think it'd be worthwhile?

Well, it appears the Cologne is being phased out, slowly, but surely. The Explorer will switch to EcoBoost (and 3.5?) engines in it's next generation, Sport Trac may die (being replaced by F-100/similar vehicle), Mountaineer may die after this model ends production, Mustang will be switching to (or should, at least) EcoBoost and I assume some version of the 3.5 (maybe 3.7?), and the Ranger, well, it's dead already.

• 2 weeks later...
I believe Ford is opening a new (or modifying an old) factory to produce more 3.5s.

Cleveland from what I recall. They did one line at first, and then after the Union bought the contract they were to do another line in Cleveland for more engines. Is that right? Maybe I am wrong. IDK for sure.