How many 3 shift(crew) operating plants ....

lquidspine

are curently running in the USA ?

I know of DTP and if there are actually any others the only ones I could think of would either Kansas City or Kentucky ,but i am not sure.

I'f there are anyother 3 crew plants running has anyone noticed the overtime charges for those that are working alternative work patterns?

Basicly what I am getting at is in DTP we run 3 crews at 4 tens ,those that work a typical days/afternoons (a and b crews) get charged time and a half for anything over 8 hours a days as if they where on a 5 8 pattern work schedual, and Ccrew people are getting charged the same as A and B crew on there monday and friday days but added they are getting charged as if they have been payed 1 1/2 and double time for there saturday and sunday days .

What this adds up too is I being on C crew suposedly worked or turned down(according to the TWO's timekeeping) over 2,000 hours of overtime ,while i will admit that with the job i hold i do get an average of 1 hour overtime daily i surely did not turn down nor work 2,000 overtime hours last year.

The wrongfull chargeing has been brought up along time ago to our Unit reps and is still not worked out ,most recently I have been told that al US Ford plants TWO's system is not right and am basicly curious to find out if anyone that works in any 3 shift plants has the same problem ?

This error has led to alot of people missing out on overtime work due to our spread being so far out of line,for instanced certian classifications from A crew come in and do yard campaigns every friday and saturday.

But when Ccrew and afternoons people ask about getting in some of the days(there typical days off) they are basicly told that they have to balance the OT to within 72 hour spread and day shift is way behind,when in reality it is afternoons and C crew that are low on OT.

I dont want to cut people out of OT but there is a reason that locals or units negotiate a OT agreement and an OT spread.

KCAP truck side is operating 2 shifts 10 hours M-Thurs.

KCAP suv side is operating 2 shifts 10 hours M-F and mandatory Saturdays beginning 1/12

HTH

Thanks for the reply peeps if you think about it can you find out if those working are getting charged time and one half for the 2 hours over 8 on there regular days ?

Pickup sales are way off, there will be no more 3 shift plants after Feb. 08

4 10's or 5 10's but no way 3 8 hour shifts

They had 9 shifts 18 months ago for the F150 now they have 7 and sales were over 1 million in 04 and over 900K in 05-06 now it's barely 700K and falling.

700K on 7 shifts is not enough to keep all those shifts. Thats about 2100 a week or 52 JPH.

Elinimating downweeks will save Ford the most money.

Thanks for the reply peeps if you think about it can you find out if those working are getting charged time and one half for the 2 hours over 8 on there regular days ?

Sure liguidspine, I'll try to remember to ask one of the truck people Tuesday. (Unless someone responds sooner...)

Have a great Sunday

Sure liguidspine, I'll try to remember to ask one of the truck people Tuesday. (Unless someone responds sooner...)

Have a great Sunday

Thanks Peeps and you as well I am about to head in myself hehe.

CSMJ I believe you are correct as well I have said to anyone that knows me DTP in order to keep a third crew will need more product ,the large gas gussling vehicles will still sell but the proff is in the numbers and with gas staying around the 3 dollar range companies cannot maintain the number of large SUV and truck sales they have enjoyed the last 10,20 or 30 years.

But i believe you are wrong on one point F150 sales have never been 1 million to my understanding I was under the belief that the 1 million annual sales numbers where for the F series total including the 250,350 and on up, maybe im wrong but thats just what i have been lead to believe.

Regardless of the specifics you are right and in order for one thousand plus people that work in dearborn, another product would have to come here in order to maintain the need for the current employee numbers.

But back to my main question are people working in plants that operate under a 4 x 10 work pattern getting charged OT for hours over 8 or not, or is DTP speacial :hysterical:

Thanks Peeps and you as well I am about to head in myself hehe.

CSMJ I believe you are correct as well I have said to anyone that knows me DTP in order to keep a third crew will need more product ,the large gas gussling vehicles will still sell but the proff is in the numbers and with gas staying around the 3 dollar range companies cannot maintain the number of large SUV and truck sales they have enjoyed the last 10,20 or 30 years.

But i believe you are wrong on one point F150 sales have never been 1 million to my understanding I was under the belief that the 1 million annual sales numbers where for the F series total including the 250,350 and on up, maybe im wrong but thats just what i have been lead to believe.

Regardless of the specifics you are right and in order for one thousand plus people that work in dearborn, another product would have to come here in order to maintain the need for the current employee numbers.

But back to my main question are people working in plants that operate under a 4 x 10 work pattern getting charged OT for hours over 8 or not, or is DTP speacial :hysterical:

But back to my main question are people working in plants that operate under a 4 x 10 work pattern getting charged OT for hours over 8 or not, or is DTP speacial?

O/T charging rules are in your local agreement. What does your agreement say? If it does not cover 3 crew premiums maybe you need to make sure you put in a resolution. I am sure that O/T charging is different at every location.....Good Luck

But back to my main question are people working in plants that operate under a 4 x 10 work pattern getting charged OT for hours over 8 or not, or is DTP speacial?

O/T charging rules are in your local agreement. What does your agreement say? If it does not cover 3 crew premiums maybe you need to make sure you put in a resolution. I am sure that O/T charging is different at every location.....Good Luck

There where no changes to our Unit contract regarding OT when DTP went to a 3 crew oporation and we DTP body shop does not yet have a new Unit agreement ,but most of the language in our previous Unit contract simply refered to the national contract regarding OT with a few exceptions on any Unit agreements on the issue main thing that sticks out to me was the max 72 hour spread.

Pickup sales are way off, there will be no more 3 shift plants after Feb. 08

4 10's or 5 10's but no way 3 8 hour shifts

They had 9 shifts 18 months ago for the F150 now they have 7 and sales were over 1 million in 04 and over 900K in 05-06 now it's barely 700K and falling.

700K on 7 shifts is not enough to keep all those shifts. Thats about 2100 a week or 52 JPH.

Elinimating downweeks will save Ford the most money.

Just like you said nobody would get paid holiday pay at DTP. I don't think DTP will be the one losing a shift!

Just like you said nobody would get paid holiday pay at DTP. I don't think DTP will be the one losing a shift!

DTP, I heard the c-crew rumor but I hope you are right. Chrysler and GM announced last week when they will start laying off and Ford will follow soon. I'm tired of hearing about people losing their jobs...I like the 4-10's and three days off. This country is in one big mess and I don't see a light at the end of the tunnel anytime soon.

SAVE YOUR MONEY!

I never said that homeboy.

I said last year I got no vac. pay because we were off 4 weeks including XMAS week. If your off 2 weeks prior to XMAS week I don't think you would get paid only unemployment/GEN so shut up.

Were you off 3 weeks??

And keep thinking there gonna keep all the shifts if they keep having downweeks. I dont care either way my job is secure.

All I know is the 4.6,5.4 and 6.8 blocks are cutting production alot( as in more than 150K easy) so truck production in the coming months will be way down.

Edited by CSMJ

CSMJ doesn't know a damn thing.

Now, having said that, DTP doesn't need 3 shifts. $100 a barrel oil...$3+ gas...falling F150 sales...3 shifts?

Your right I know nothing Im just giving my opinion and your post is why I feel the way I do.

GM has cut 2 shifts and they sell trucks than Ford by almost 100K this year. Counting the Silverado and Sierra. Throw in the coming election in November. And if Obama gets the Demo. nod then the GOP will win no matter who the candidate is.

I never said that homeboy.

I said last year I got no vac. pay because we were off 4 weeks including XMAS week. If your off 2 weeks prior to XMAS week I don't think you would get paid only unemployment/GEN so shut up.

Were you off 3 weeks??

And keep thinking there gonna keep all the shifts if they keep having downweeks. I dont care either way my job is secure.

All I know is the 4.6,5.4 and 6.8 blocks are cutting production alot( as in more than 150K easy) so truck production in the coming months will be way down.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index...mp;#entry265401

Wrong "homeboy" post #27 - you did say that and we were off for 3 weeks in Dec. So fuck you very much! and nobody's job at Ford is secure.

Edited by DTP

CSMJ doesn't know a damn thing.

Now, having said that, DTP doesn't need 3 shifts. $100 a barrel oil...$3+ gas...falling F150 sales...3 shifts?

See here is what some miss... Your wrong on the need for 3 shifts as that is a cost advantage. They will continue to fill plants at three crew and close the ones they do not need down the road.

Oh yeah and I know what the poster was talking about with the overtime. But your hours cannot be that high since I work in an area where we get more than an hour each day.

Could it be possible that DTP could pick up a different vehicle. They are a modern marvel and are supposed to be able to do it. Could they continue to build mostly the high end F-150's as well as another model on the same platform? while KC continues at 4-10's 2 shifts with all the reg cabs and low end f-150's and then build an ythi9ng DTp can't as well?

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index...mp;#entry265401

Wrong "homeboy" post #27 - you did say that and we were off for 3 weeks in Dec. So fuck you very much! and nobody's job at Ford is secure.

Your week dude. Were you off 3 weeks on unemployment + Xmas week?? 3 down weeks before XMAS week = no pay. And my job is secure, you can feel the way you want but I know mine ain't goin nowheres.

Read the contract notes, the stuff they don't release to us, what does it say if Ford's sales fall below a certain level??

Edited by CSMJ

Could it be possible that DTP could pick up a different vehicle. They are a modern marvel and are supposed to be able to do it. Could they continue to build mostly the high end F-150's as well as another model on the same platform? while KC continues at 4-10's 2 shifts with all the reg cabs and low end f-150's and then build an ythi9ng DTp can't as well?

Your probably right in the long run but not the short run.

Your week dude. Were you off 3 weeks on unemployment + Xmas week?? 3 down weeks before XMAS week = no pay. And my job is secure, you can feel the way you want but I know mine ain't goin nowheres.

Read the contract notes, the stuff they don't release to us, what does it say if Ford's sales fall below a certain level??

Just like you said nobody at NAP got holiday pay last year and we were off 3 weeks weeks + Christmas week, I think you are the weak one DUDE......all we are doing is :beatdeadhorse: most people know you post a lot of bullshit, like you know where they are going to cut a shift....

Edited by fordtpworker1993

Just like you said nobody at NAP got holiday pay last year and we were off 3 weeks weeks + Christmas week, I think you are the weak one DUDE......all we are doing is :beatdeadhorse: most people know you post a lot of bullshit, like you know where they are going to cut a shift....

We were off last year(06) 3 weeks and got sub pay for xmas vac. that's a fact as for any other plant I dont give a shit about what they get or got.

Edited by CSMJ