Diesel focus

STAPline2

I would love for Ford to put a nice turbodiesel into the focus, not sure why they haven't yet, Volkswagen has the golf, jetta and beatle in diesel and they sell well. I have an 07 focus in 5 speed and its not bad on gas, 8.5 l/100 km, but i would love a diesel that could get even better mileage. In europe, the focus has quite a few diesel options, it would seem like an easy transition to bring one over here. They brought the crappy Contour and Mystique over, so why not just bring over Focus diesel engine. I would buy one in a heart beat, and i know of a few at work that drive far every day would be interested, instead of them driving a beatle or jetta to work at a Ford Plant. Just my 2 cents.

I would love for Ford to put a nice turbodiesel into the focus, not sure why they haven't yet, Volkswagen has the golf, jetta and beatle in diesel and they sell well. I have an 07 focus in 5 speed and its not bad on gas, 8.5 l/100 km, but i would love a diesel that could get even better mileage. In europe, the focus has quite a few diesel options, it would seem like an easy transition to bring one over here. They brought the crappy Contour and Mystique over, so why not just bring over Focus diesel engine. I would buy one in a heart beat, and i know of a few at work that drive far every day would be interested, instead of them driving a beatle or jetta to work at a Ford Plant. Just my 2 cents.

I would love to get a diesel Focus. I was looking at a Passat but won't buy one 'cause it ain't a Ford. All this time Ford has been bringing 4.0l engines in from Cologne, why can't they bring in a few diesels? :huh:

I would love to get a diesel Focus. I was looking at a Passat but won't buy one 'cause it ain't a Ford. All this time Ford has been bringing 4.0l engines in from Cologne, why can't they bring in a few diesels? :huh:

Maybe when the next generation Focus (C2) comes here, we'll get diesel options?

Add me to the list, my daily driver is a f-350 four door diesel, if we could get ANYTHING diesel from ford (car/wagon/minivan) I would buy it in a heartbeat!!!

Unfortunately, even though there is nothing diesel out there, I'm buying a new ford in a couple months anyway, once again reinforcing fords idea that "we don't need it".