What does NGP think of Tentative CBA?

Bodhibkb

That is very True, But wouldn't you rather see the plant stay open for our children who are entering the work force, or even for the economy of Tulsa and Nashville. I would rather see people working somewhere than to see our children and neighbors on the unemployment line with a shitty economy.

From what I have seen from the actual contract posted on this site it is definitely a union buster! Shame on the UAW for negotiating wages for $11 an hour for new hires! President Gettelfinger himself said there would be no contracts negotiated for less than $14 per hour! $11 is not a living wage! That contract is pathetic!

Shut the plant down under Ford or wait a year or two and shut down under the new owner! More protections under Ford!

Isn't Oklahoma and Tennessee a Right to Work State? $11 is a real incentive to join a Union! Pathetic!

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I have seen from the actual contract posted on this site it is definitely a union buster! Shame on the UAW for negotiating wages for $11 an hour for new hires! President Gettelfinger himself said there would be no contracts negotiated for less than $14 per hour! $11 is not a living wage! That contract is pathetic!

Shut the plant down under Ford or wait a year or two and shut down under the new owner! More protections under Ford!

Isn't Oklahoma and Tennessee a Right to Work State? $11 is a real incentive to join a Union! Pathetic!

what contract are you reading...I didn't see any $11 jobs??? :banghead:

Starting pay for new "Production Support" Classification is $11.00 per hour. "Production Associate" is $11.50 per hour. Also at Carlite "Warehouse Support" $11.00 and "Warehouse Associate" is $11.50.

See page 20 of Full agreement or page 2 of the Lowlights

Edited by Bodhibkb

Starting pay for new "Production Support" Classification is $11.00 per hour. "Production Associate" is $11.50 per hour. Also at Carlite "Warehouse Support" $11.00 and "Warehouse Associate" is $11.50.

See page 20 of Full agreement or page 2 of the Lowlights

didn't scroll down far enough....this is for new hires. They must come in at what 80%. That isn't that bad...the grow in is a little long to get to full wage, but to start off at 80% would be nice. Wish I could have when I started at Ford. Back in 1992 I was making 70% for 1 1/2 year grow in $11.00 per hr. I remember after the 93 agreement they had to wait 3yrs to grow in.

didn't scroll down far enough....this is for new hires. They must come in at what 80%. That isn't that bad...the grow in is a little long to get to full wage, but to start off at 80% would be nice. Wish I could have when I started at Ford. Back in 1992 I was making 70% for 1 1/2 year grow in $11.00 per hr. I remember after the 93 agreement they had to wait 3yrs to grow in.

This isn't the 90's or the 70's!

Would you work for that......in a glass plant! Forget the wages......did you see the so-called agreement? I skimmed through it again. What happened to health and safety and the 40 hour week?

I guess it is a good thing that those that came before us didn't sell us out like this contract is selling out the people in Tulsa and Tennessee! What the hell has happened to the UAW when we can justify these kind of wages and contract language! We ought to be ashamed of ourselves, especially those who negotiated this! I can't believe the Ford Department would allow this kind of contract to be voted on! Sell the plant or not, what about the workers dignity?

Save jobs you say.......... bullshit! If this is the kind of bullshit the UAW embraces then the Right to Work Committee that is coming here (Michigan) again will have a hay day with this bullshit!!!!

It's not my plants or place to say but I would say hell NO to this Bullshit! I commend Tulsa and Nashville for taking a stand against it! If Ford really wants to sell and this buyer wants to buy then get a decent contract not some rollover bullshit contract!

As the saying goes ......."IF YOU DON'T STAND FOR SOMETHING YOU"LL FALL FOR ANYTHING!"

This isn't the 90's or the 70's!

Would you work for that......in a glass plant! Forget the wages......did you see the so-called agreement? I skimmed through it again. What happened to health and safety and the 40 hour week?

I guess it is a good thing that those that came before us didn't sell us out like this contract is selling out the people in Tulsa and Tennessee! What the hell has happened to the UAW when we can justify these kind of wages and contract language! We ought to be ashamed of ourselves, especially those who negotiated this! I can't believe the Ford Department would allow this kind of contract to be voted on! Sell the plant or not, what about the workers dignity?

Save jobs you say.......... bullshit! If this is the kind of bullshit the UAW embraces then the Right to Work Committee that is coming here (Michigan) again will have a hay day with this bullshit!!!!

It's not my plants or place to say but I would say hell NO to this Bullshit! I commend Tulsa and Nashville for taking a stand against it! If Ford really wants to sell and this buyer wants to buy then get a decent contract not some rollover bullshit contract!

As the saying goes ......."IF YOU DON'T STAND FOR SOMETHING YOU"LL FALL FOR ANYTHING!"

very true!

I could see my way to accept $14.00 for new hires and work up to $18.00. Relucantly. (where is the punking smiley?) Would prefer to see more like $16.00 to start and work up to $20.00. With better benefits. And all the other stuff Spoiler mentioned.

I fully agree. With that said, If they had offered $18, I would have wanted $20. If they offered $20, I would have wanted $22. That means there is still fight in us to want better for our future. If we vote this down we will not have the opportunity to fight again in Nashville or Tulsa. We will have to fight from KC or someplace else, because Nashville and Tulsa will be closed. I feel the only hope for the future for us and our kids at Nashville and Tulsa, it to "VOTE YES". Once the deal is done, I/we need to start "DEMANDING" better repersentation and accountability from our Local AND International. I/we have been too complacient in not holding our leadership accountable. It all starts with attending Local Union Meetings. We are a customer service driven society. If we are not getting what we are paying for we need to ask why. It all starts at local Union meetings. (which very few attend, until there is a crisis) There will be a lot of issues in this new contract, that will not be solved right a way. I/we need to participate in the process, if we don't participate in the process, we have no right to complain.

If I/we are serious about our future, we need to:

1st: VOTE YES (to secure another fight)

2nd: COMMUNICATE (Union meetings, Local, International, That would have stoped alot of these rumors)

3rd: ACCOUNTABILITY (hold our leadership accountable, or vote them out)

4th: PARTICIPATE (voice your opinion, not on the floor, but at Union Meetings)

Once the Local Membership is strong again, then we start working on the next contract.

It will not be quick, and it will not be easy, but is wasn't quick and easy in the 70's and 80's either. We speak about the UAW members from the past...."They would not have done this or that".

Our vote will determine if there will be anyone in Nashville or Tulsa to talk about how things "Once Were".

IF YOU ARE SERIOUS ABOUT THE FUTURE.....VOTE RESPONSIBLY, VOTE YES

I fully agree. With that said, If they had offered $18, I would have wanted $20. If they offered $20, I would have wanted $22. That means there is still fight in us to want better for our future. If we vote this down we will not have the opportunity to fight again in Nashville or Tulsa. We will have to fight from KC or someplace else, because Nashville and Tulsa will be closed. I feel the only hope for the future for us and our kids at Nashville and Tulsa, it to "VOTE YES". Once the deal is done, I/we need to start "DEMANDING" better repersentation and accountability from our Local AND International. I/we have been too complacient in not holding our leadership accountable. It all starts with attending Local Union Meetings. We are a customer service driven society. If we are not getting what we are paying for we need to ask why. It all starts at local Union meetings. (which very few attend, until there is a crisis) There will be a lot of issues in this new contract, that will not be solved right a way. I/we need to participate in the process, if we don't participate in the process, we have no right to complain.

2nd: COMMUNICATE (Union meetings, Local, International, That would have stoped alot of these rumors)

Once the Local Membership is strong again, then we start working on the next contract.

It will not be quick, and it will not be easy, but is wasn't quick and easy in the 70's and 80's either. We speak about the UAW members from the past...."They would not have done this or that".

Our vote will determine if there will be anyone in Nashville or Tulsa to talk about how things "Once Were".

EXCELLENT POST! YOUR RIGHT ON TRACK! TO THE REST OF YOU,I WOULDN'T BET THE FARM ON THIS ONE! BELIEVE ME I KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT ON THAT! :shades:

1st: VOTE NO (to secure another fight)

2nd: COMMUNICATE (Union meetings, Local, International, That would have stopped alot of these rumors)

IF YOU ARE SERIOUS ABOUT THE FUTURE.....VOTE RESPONSIBLY, VOTE Hell NO!

Edited by Bodhibkb

If you are serious about your future you better vote no, go to an assembly plant or both.

I will guarantee you that when the next contract comes around for Zelodyne they will try to cut your $14.00 hour wage back and make you pay more on your insurance.

Once you get past the wage and insurance cuts look at the work rules.

For instance going from 200 hr vacation and excused abscences to 40 hours vacation, etc.

If you are serious about your future you better vote no, go to an assembly plant or both.

I will guarantee you that when the next contract comes around for Zelodyne they will try to cut your $14.00 hour wage back and make you pay more on your insurance.

Once you get past the wage and insurance cuts look at the work rules.

For instance going from 200 hr vacation and excused abscences to 40 hours vacation, etc.

Does your 40 hrs VAC start on 2-1-09 ?? Your one yr anniversary ?? If so, no one gets any paid time off for the 1st yr ??

Are you serious if you vote No all you do is limit the choices anyone has. This so called fight is over the bell has rung it won't get better. Why take away everything by not looking deep enough to see the light. If you let them close NGP then the choices are gone along with any jobs that could remain. Are you willing to gamble with big business I'm not

No Ford employee rollovers start with 40 hrs on 2-1-08

And no personal days ?? Right ?? Do you know yet how many reloads Price needs to rehire or will he be forced to take all who sign up for it ?? If you dont reload, what is the timetable (trades/production) to be dumped out of the new company and into JSP or a Ford offer ??

Are you serious if you vote No all you do is limit the choices anyone has. This so called fight is over the bell has rung it won't get better. Why take away everything by not looking deep enough to see the light. If you let them close NGP then the choices are gone along with any jobs that could remain. Are you willing to gamble with big business I'm not

Don't be a chicken. The UAW's wages and benefits packages were fought for. No one layed down and received these perks in the past and will not in the future.

And no personal days ?? Right ?? Do you know yet how many reloads Price needs to rehire or will he be forced to take all who sign up for it ?? If you dont reload, what is the timetable (trades/production) to be dumped out of the new company and into JSP or a Ford offer ??

No personal or sick days is correct.

He will not be forced to take all that sign up. Only the numbers needed according to the Zelodyne contract. Who knows how many this will be.

Looks like 30 days to make up your mind after the contract is accepted and then up to 90 more days depending on both companies needs.

Looks like 30 days to make up your mind after the contract is accepted and then up to 90 more days depending on both companies needs.

Soooooo......if all Ford employees sign for reload , they can vote No and then back out of the reload within 30 days ??? If true, this may not pass..........

Soooooo......if all Ford employees sign for reload , they can vote No and then back out of the reload within 30 days ??? If true, this may not pass..........

yES THAT IS WHAT THEY ARE WANTING EVERYONE TO DO. SOMEHOW IT DOESN'T SEEM RIGHT.SHOULD I HELP SEAL THE FATE OF 200 TEMPS THAT WANT AND NEED PERMANENT JOBS. NOT TO MENTION COUNTLESS OTHERS THAT ARE OK WITH IT.(MOST OF THEM HAVE THE PENSION EARNED). IF I WAS ASKED TO DO THAT I'M NOT SURE I COULD. IT MIGHT BACKFIRE TOO! WE SHALL SEE. ROLLING STONES "YOU DON'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT BUT YOU GET WHAT YOU NEED" :shades:

yES THAT IS WHAT THEY ARE WANTING EVERYONE TO DO. SOMEHOW IT DOESN'T SEEM RIGHT.SHOULD I HELP SEAL THE FATE OF 200 TEMPS THAT WANT AND NEED PERMANENT JOBS. NOT TO MENTION COUNTLESS OTHERS THAT ARE OK WITH IT.(MOST OF THEM HAVE THE PENSION EARNED). IF I WAS ASKED TO DO THAT I'M NOT SURE I COULD. IT MIGHT BACKFIRE TOO! WE SHALL SEE. ROLLING STONES "YOU DON'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT BUT YOU GET WHAT YOU NEED" :shades:

Thanks, sounds crazy. No offense to the 200 temps but to those who espouse saving these $11-15/hr jobs for your childrens future, IMO, you're setting their goals VERY VERY low. Its one thing to think anyone can follow in your footsteps for a good middle class job, but $22-30k/yr aint it. Go to school,... an asst. manager at McD's can make this with much better bennies.