Fusion's European Cousin

SVT_MAN

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You know what I noticed? pscario is comparing media photography for Opel (with optimal lighting conditions and good angles) with homemade photography for the Fusion. Nice work to make the balances tip in favor of the Opel. The Opel is nice for sure, but your shots of the Fusion are as lousy as that shot I found of the Vauxhall originally ...

LOL... more double standards? The media shots are not misleading, Opel didn't pull a Fusion with those.

It does look that good in person, the materials and craftmanship are top notch.

As a matter of fact, I have a pic of the Vectra interior I took myself last year, let me see if I can find it...

Humor me: What, specifically, should impress me?

That was introduced in 2001, basically unchanged. Still looks decent.

Fusion's interior design looked like shit since day 1, and was poorly executed.

For three years now, you still refuse to admit it was a rush job, including the rear door panels. <-That's impressive, I guess.

Edited by pcsario

That was introduced in 2001, basically unchanged. Still looks decent.

Again, tell me exactly what I'm looking at. Tell me why the Mondeo is better, in your opinion.

I don't need any more of your petty insults. Lord knows if that was what was required to convince people, this whole board would have swung round to your way of thinking by now.

Seriously. Tell me what I should get out of those pics.

When I look at interiors like the Escape, Expedition, F-150, Lincoln et.al, I don't need to be convinced that FNA has superior interior design and refinement. The Fusion/Taurus are dull but also very outdated. They are less drab with some recent detail refinements, but not up to snuff. If you want to see dreadful interiors, hike over to the Nissan Altima.

Edited by BORG

You haven't been in both. I have.

Call me crazy, but the Fusion's door shot you showed looked more impressive than the Mondeo. And, I'm not saying that to insult the Mondeo because I like the Mondeo .. that's just what I see? I'm confused at what you're trying to prove.

Not as comfortable, looks cheap in person, poorly assembled, rushed interior design, etc.

That's simply inexcusable considering the lead FNA had on it Vs. the Mondeo. (After all, that's the reason why RJ says the new Mondeo is better than the Fusion -it came out later. And no, unless you want to claim Mazda sells their cars at a huge loss in the US, don't even bring the Euro into this, since they also cost "a fortune" in comparison)

"Seriously, -what- part of the Fusion door is more impressive? The door handle? The switch? The lack of a cargo cutout? What???????" Always excusing mediocrity. :rolleyes:

I'll give you the uncomfortable part, the cushioning that Ford used where you rest you arm isn't enough. The material on top of the same area isn't very comfortable as well.

On the other side of that. The fit and finish is about average for midsizers, the design mimics what everyone went all goo goo over on the Mondeo and it doesn't rattle.

So no it aint all that great, but please point out door panels on a midsize sedan priced similarly to the Fusion that is excuted so much better. The Camry isn't, the Malibu/Aura isn't and neither is the Sonata (I honestly don't remember the Accord's but if it wasn't that memorable of an experience I'd have to say it couldn't have been that great). Even the Passat doesn't have the interior it once had.

Bitching about it without putting things into perspective is a one sided argument.

PC hasn't even said what he likes. It's "refinement in execution", which is about the vaguest thing in the world. What refinement? What execution? Execution in design? Execution in assembly? Refinement in materials? Refinement in design?

It's just kvetch kvetch kvetch with him, and he can't even tell you what he's kvetching about.

Ask him what he's kvetching about and all he does is kvetch kvetch kvetch some more.

So says the guy who can't even describe what he means by "American design" in a FNA car, other than arguing out of pride.

"Seriously, -what- part of the Fusion door is more impressive? The door handle? The switch? The lack of a cargo cutout? What???????"

So where's your design essay as to why this is a better interior, Richard?

Will you be as explicit as last time? "It says Ford to me"?

Or are you just being a hypocrite once again?

post-11072-1200510132_thumb.jpg

Edited by pcsario

I've been in Fusions, and I simply don't see poor build quality of poor design. The ONLY thing I saw that I would have changed is the location of the automatic climate controls. They are located too far down on the control island.

By the way, I didn't start this topic to prove what a bad car the Fusion was. :reading:

Edited by SVT_MAN

You know what I noticed? pscario is comparing media photography for Opel (with optimal lighting conditions and good angles) with homemade photography for the Fusion. Nice work to make the balances tip in favor of the Opel. The Opel is nice for sure, but your shots of the Fusion are as lousy as that shot I found of the Vauxhall originally ...

Well, to be honest, Ford photography/camera angles, etc. wouldn't be too much better than a homemade picture.

I already told you. Refinement in execution.

This exchange is pointless, however. I recall you were impressed by the gauge clusters.

The fact it's been 3 years and you still think it wasn't rushed, says everything.

Honestly, at first glance I couldn't tell the difference between the two door panels (except the cubby hole, of course)

Would you rather have the guages be overstyled/designed?

Really people, it's not rocket science. Old Mondeo, Flex, new F150 interiors, etc. When something is good enough, then it's truly good enough. They are/were truly competitive and respectable. No need to make up excuses for them.

That interior (Mondeo) looks like a cross between Fusion and Taurus.

So you're saying that the new Flex and F-150 interiors are nice then?