Ford Super Duty pickups are super for smugglers

I do also, I didn't care for the headlights at first, but they aren't nearly as ugly as they are in photos. They have this really neat overall powertool look to them

King Ranch is probably my favorite model. The Harleys are nice as well, I just don't like black interiors though.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do also, I didn't care for the headlights at first, but they aren't nearly as ugly as they are in photos. They have this really neat overall powertool look to them

Yeah...that front end is HOT!!!!

07-1.jpg

No wonder small children run and hide every time one drives by.

Edited by P71_CrownVic

Considering you don't even seem to be the target market for the vehicle, why are you even talking?

If the target vehicle falls under "fugly"...then no I don't count myself in that demographic.

Although, given your past vehicles, you don't seem to be a prime example of 'fine taste' in automobile design.

That's right.....you go boy......hate on the guy who buys his vehicles for rarely matched durability, safety, comfort, and longevity.....instead of trinkets and because the neighbors have three. :hysterical:

Sig Quote!

adoration.gif

Edited by Armada Master

Gotta love reports for Texas, NM, or CA when they let their illegal population run out of control and suffer the consequences. All so a scant few politicians can get a wider voting base they ruin their states and cities and everything else for that matter. You get what you ask for.

The article in the Houston Chronicle (front page in yesterday's Sunday edition) was pretty interesting. The main points I got from it are as noted above: this is the smuggler's vehicle of choice because it is 1) tough, 2) roomy, 3) powerful, and 4) (!!) easy to steal.

I have nearly first-hand knowledge of this stuation. A couple years ago my next door neighbor's crew cab Super Duty Lariat was stolen from a downtown parking garage. He got it back 2-3 months later, with the only damage being to the leather back seat. I forget the mileage it had accumulated during that short time, seems like it was 10-15,000 miles. It was recovered at a border crossing when someone cross-checked it against a stolen vehicle report. That's quite a few trips up and down US 59. Law enforcement commented on the same points as the article, namely the vehicle had been used for smuggling drugs and/or humans.

Fast-forward to today, most of the time it is parked on the street or in his driveway in the subdivision. His wife often drives it to work (schoolteacher). I wonder if it might turn up missing again someday.

One other point from the article: The Ford stolen vehicle rate is way higher than Chevy or Dodge. No mention of Toyota.....

If the target vehicle falls under "fugly"...then no I don't count myself in that demographic.

Hmm.

Actions speak louder than words, buddy:

1994 Buick Roadmaster 5.7 V8 130K Daily Driver

1992 Chevy Caprice 9C1 5.7 V8 108K Daily Driver

1989 Chevy Cheyenne EX-CAB 5.0 V8 133K Spare

Retired:

1992 Chevy Caprice 9C1 5.7 V8 146K

89 Chevy Caprice 5.0 V8 173k

97 Toyota T100 2.7 4cyl 270k

93 Chevy Cavalier 2.2 4cyl 55k

88 Chevy Caprice Classic 5.0 V8 100k

89 Chevy Caprice 9C1 5.7 V8 210k

87 Dodge Ram D150 5.9 V8 70k

85 Dodge Diplomat 5.2 V8 55k

83 Chevy Impala 9C1 5.7 V8 165k

84 Olds Delta 88 5.0 V8 160k

83 Olds Delta 88 5.0 V8 200k

74 Buick Riviera 455 V8 170K

Hmm.

Actions speak louder than words, buddy:

1994 Buick Roadmaster 5.7 V8 130K Daily Driver

1992 Chevy Caprice 9C1 5.7 V8 108K Daily Driver

1989 Chevy Cheyenne EX-CAB 5.0 V8 133K Spare

Retired:

1992 Chevy Caprice 9C1 5.7 V8 146K

89 Chevy Caprice 5.0 V8 173k

97 Toyota T100 2.7 4cyl 270k

93 Chevy Cavalier 2.2 4cyl 55k

88 Chevy Caprice Classic 5.0 V8 100k

89 Chevy Caprice 9C1 5.7 V8 210k

87 Dodge Ram D150 5.9 V8 70k

85 Dodge Diplomat 5.2 V8 55k

83 Chevy Impala 9C1 5.7 V8 165k

84 Olds Delta 88 5.0 V8 160k

83 Olds Delta 88 5.0 V8 200k

74 Buick Riviera 455 V8 170K

I never argued that any of mine were/are groundbreaking, but at least they don't look like something from "The Fly".

I also found it strange when I found out the SD didn't have the PATsystem. My buddy's '01 focus has it. My '00 f150, '06 mazda3 and I think even my '99 ranger had it. Only downside to the system is expensive keys. and you need to get a tow to the dealer if you loose the keys.

and sales are up for the SD from what I've heard. Yeah, it doesn't look as good as the '05-'07 but no one that needs one of these trucks cares what it looks like.

I never argued that any of mine were/are groundbreaking, but at least they don't look like something from "The Fly".

No. You said that you did not consider yourself part of a demographic interested in an 'exceptionally ugly' vehicle (meaningless intensifier has been substituted.)

buick-riviera-1974a.jpg

250px-77-85_Oldsmobile_Delta_88_Coupe_1.jpg

dip007.jpg

B10516A_001.jpg

1992_Caprice.jpg

From where I sit, your ownership history spans three decades of automotive disasters.

Along with two of the worst pickup trucks ever made:

1997.toyota.t100.10183-T.jpg

250px-81-93_Dodge_Ram.jpg

Edited by RichardJensen

I also found it strange when I found out the SD didn't have the PATsystem. My buddy's '01 focus has it. My '00 f150, '06 mazda3 and I think even my '99 ranger had it. Only downside to the system is expensive keys. and you need to get a tow to the dealer if you loose the keys.

and sales are up for the SD from what I've heard. Yeah, it doesn't look as good as the '05-'07 but no one that needs one of these trucks cares what it looks like.

how dare a truck driver talk about how a truck looks :rolleyes:

only car driving people that think people never use trucks and they are always clean as can be should post about how they think a truck looks

how dare a truck driver talk about how a truck looks :rolleyes:

only car driving people that think people never use trucks and they are always clean as can be should post about how they think a truck looks

Not sure if you're rolling your eyes at me or why..

I personally like the new superduty's. I hated them when I first saw them, but they've grown on me. I still think the '05-'07 were some of the best looking trucks Ford ever put out though.

My point was people that need these trucks (that'd be me and my family and all the other people that make a living or tow heavy loads with these things.. look at my sig incase you don't believe me) aren't going to care if it "looks bug-eyed" or not.

Edited by Captainp4

Not sure if you're rolling your eyes at me or why..

I personally like the new superduty's. I hated them when I first saw them, but they've grown on me. I still think the '05-'07 were some of the best looking trucks Ford ever put out though.

My point was people that need these trucks (that'd be me and my family and all the other people that make a living or tow heavy loads with these things) aren't going to care if it "looks bug-eyed" or not.

LOL no man im not rolling my eyes at you

my point was there are people on here that judge trucks that they know very little about or even how to use them properly

some people will beat this "the new SD is ugly" to fing death

Alright, cool. I was confused :huh: lol

I think there are some after market products to make punching the lock out harder to do (since the sd handles are plastic and all). I don't know if there's anything for the ignition though. They can still break the windows to get in.