08 Expy vs 09 Expy?

ELlover

Does anyone know if the 09 is going to have more options than the 08? I'm trying to decide if I want an 08 for better interest or order an 09 if it will have better features. I really want sync, is that going to be in the 09? Also when will the order guide be out? Thanks!!!!

Does anyone know if the 09 is going to have more options than the 08? I'm trying to decide if I want an 08 for better interest or order an 09 if it will have better features. I really want sync, is that going to be in the 09? Also when will the order guide be out? Thanks!!!!

Customers can begin placing orders for the Expedition, Navigator and E-Series in May 2008 with vehicle production slated to begin in July 2008.

If your lucky it will have the redesigned dash similar to the 09 F-150. Looks nice.

http://jalopnik.com/photogallery/FordF150p...um09/1000473645

Edited by Buzzforbrains

The '09 will have an E85-capable FFV engine, and it sounds like the 5.4L V8 may also get a little more HP. SYNC will also be available on the '09 model. Those are the only changes I know of. No matter which one you get, EL, it's gonna be perfect and trouble-free! (You are due!)

I just ordered my '08 last weekend. :happy feet:

Edited by Rob052067

Customers can begin placing orders for the Expedition, Navigator and E-Series in May 2008 with vehicle production slated to begin in July 2008.

If your lucky it will have the redesigned dash similar to the 09 F-150. Looks nice.

http://jalopnik.com/photogallery/FordF150p...um09/1000473645

I'm gonna guess the F-150's new dash won't be carried over until 2010 at the earliest, but I could be wrong.

The '09 will have an E85-capable FFV engine, and it sounds like the 5.4L V8 may also get a little more HP. SYNC will also be available on the '09 model. Those are the only changes I know of. No matter which one you get, EL, it's gonna be perfect and trouble-free! (You are due!)

I just ordered my '08 last weekend. :happy feet:

Thanks, i do want trouble free. I did realize that I can't live without the EL... We were going to get an 09 F-250 but with 4 kids, No way to crowded!!! I will probably end up ordering an 09 in Sept... More HP sounds nice, even though they have great power now. The E85 isn't worth it now but later probably, and Sync I do want that....

Good luck with your 08!!!

That does stink!!! I like the new dash on the F-150. We just bought a new Mustang and I love how you can change the lights on the dash to different color. The blue is awesome.

You can change the lights? Sweet. I know some aftermarket head units let you change the light color. Green, blue, orange. I always thought that was a cool feature.

That green ford has been using is tired. Heck, how long have they had that late 80's?

You can change the lights? Sweet. I know some aftermarket head units let you change the light color. Green, blue, orange. I always thought that was a cool feature.

That green ford has been using is tired. Heck, how long have they had that late 80's?

Oh ya atleast, and its very old!!! Yes you can change it to purple, orange, green, yellow and so on. And you can do a custom color as well. Pretty cool, and we put it on the blue. I hope they start offering that on all the new models.

The guage colors can be changed, not the rest of the interior lighting, which remains "Ford green." I'd assume the 09/10 Mustang would switch to the Ice Blue lighting though.

I have always loved the Expedition and when its time me for to hit college, my Ranger will probley need to be replaced and i have considered a Expedition but i know they would be out of my price range. I have always wanted a Mercury Mountaineer aswell. Anyways, the Expedition is a very nice truck and if you own one, you should not be disappointed. I hope you guys find the 2008/2009 model that your looking for with the right price.

I have always loved the Expedition and when its time me for to hit college, my Ranger will probley need to be replaced and i have considered a Expedition but i know they would be out of my price range. I have always wanted a Mercury Mountaineer aswell. Anyways, the Expedition is a very nice truck and if you own one, you should not be disappointed. I hope you guys find the 2008/2009 model that your looking for with the right price.

Our Expedition (past 2, actually) has been great. I love the new Expeditions, I'd get mine in the White Chocolate Tri-Coat w/ a tan interior. I think Ford did a great job with them, and the upgraded 5.4, diesel, and interior will only help in the future.

Have your parents considered a 2008 Expedition?

Yes and no. We're still trying to decide what to do car-wise when I go to college, so that will play a factor as well. Plus we're still paying off the 04 (I believe). The Expedition offers so much for the money though, and really the smaller vehicles dont offer that much better fuel economy for the price and the sacrifice in size you make.

I, for one, would love to have a new Expedition Limited in White Chocolate Tri-Coat with a tan interior. (much nicer than the 04s)

Yes and no. We're still trying to decide what to do car-wise when I go to college, so that will play a factor as well. Plus we're still paying off the 04 (I believe). The Expedition offers so much for the money though, and really the smaller vehicles dont offer that much better fuel economy for the price and the sacrifice in size you make.

I, for one, would love to have a new Expedition Limited in White Chocolate Tri-Coat with a tan interior. (much nicer than the 04s)

Cool, do they plan on buying a new car and giving you the expedition or do they plan on buying a car for you or something?

When i go to college, my ranger will need to be replaced and i would like to have a Mercury Milan, Mercury mountaineer, Ford Edge, Ford TX or the Focus. I would love a expedition but i know there out of my price range.

Cool, do they plan on buying a new car and giving you the expedition or do they plan on buying a car for you or something?

When i go to college, my ranger will need to be replaced and i would like to have a Mercury Milan, Mercury mountaineer, Ford Edge, Ford TX or the Focus. I would love a expedition but i know there out of my price range.

Well, we already have 3 cars, well 2, the F-150 is technically a company truck. (but not really) Right now, I drive the Expedition most of the time, but we've been test driving cars, I was thinking of downsizing....looked at an Edge, MKX, Explorer (a while ago) and Taurus X. It's gonna be hard downsizing, the Expedition, IMO, drives so much better than the smaller vehicles, I guess it's just what you're used to though. I'm waiting to see what Flex will be like as well. Who knows, we may just end up getting a new Expediton, or maybe we'll stick with the current 'lineup' for now.

Well, we already have 3 cars, well 2, the F-150 is technically a company truck. (but not really) Right now, I drive the Expedition most of the time, but we've been test driving cars, I was thinking of downsizing....looked at an Edge, MKX, Explorer (a while ago) and Taurus X. It's gonna be hard downsizing, the Expedition, IMO, drives so much better than the smaller vehicles, I guess it's just what you're used to though. I'm waiting to see what Flex will be like as well. Who knows, we may just end up getting a new Expediton, or maybe we'll stick with the current 'lineup' for now.

Yeah, the new flex sure is something. it looked very awsome although i was not able to actually sit in it, the flex looks like it will have almost the same amount of space as the expedition.

I'm curious, ELlover, would you be replacing your 07 Expedition or getting it in addition to you current vehicles?

Yeah, the new flex sure is something. it looked very awsome although i was not able to actually sit in it, the flex looks like it will have almost the same amount of space as the expedition.

The Flex does look impressive. I think it'll be a good seller for Ford.

I'm curious, ELlover, would you be replacing your 07 Expedition or getting it in addition to you current vehicles?

I have a 2 yr lease on the 07, so I will be replacing it with an 09 and probably do a 3 yr lease. Not sure if I am ready to buy that type of SUV yet. SInce its a family car and I have 4 kids I like to refresh and keep things nice and new. :happy feet: Plus I am waiting to see how the diesel works out.

I have a 2 yr lease on the 07, so I will be replacing it with an 09 and probably do a 3 yr lease. Not sure if I am ready to buy that type of SUV yet. SInce its a family car and I have 4 kids I like to refresh and keep things nice and new. :happy feet: Plus I am waiting to see how the diesel works out.

I was going to ask, if you'd consider getting the diesel if available.

I wish you luck in your decision, and I'm sure we'll hear about it again when it comes closer to actually needing to decide.