HERE IS THE GAME CHANGER!

Furious1Auto

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When is the last time it was executed by Ford? In the past it was only by the dealers and for only mild modifications, with the exception of the Yenko where the motor was swapped. And that was only by a handfull of dealers whiling to hang their balls out knowing it was not a factory option but were whiling to go the extra mile to please the customer! How long has it been, and how many newer popular mods have not been offered in recent years? Have the dealers fallen asleep and been blaming Ford for them having a lack of ingenuity unlike the dealer that offered the Yenko? And why does Scion have the reputation for custumization, while you guys are sitting back blaming Ford for your short cummings? Not only must the assemblers and management have to work together but it is the dealer with direct contact with our customers. What is difference from the store owners that sell our products now versus the dealers of the 60's and 70's? Fat, bloated, arrogant, and out to screw the customer. I've been through the turnstyle! You guys are being given the tools and the product now sell people on why they wat to own a Ford! Seriously if I was a dealer the first thing I would do is invest in digital power tuners that wont void the warranties and reflash my customers cars to give them more power for a small fee! Yenko LOL, one chevy dealership (Yenko Chevrolet) does engine swaps and every dealer wants to live off of their rep even if they don't sell Chevrolets! :hysterical:LINK

I don't disagree Furious. I grew up in Pittsburgh and Yenko Chevrolet was in the southern suburbs. I remember seeing Yenko Camaros, Novas and Chevelles when they were new. One guy in our neighborhood had a Yenko Stinger Corvair. There are still a few local ones around that show up at car shows. Sadly, Yenko sold the Chevy dealer in the mid '70s and opened a Honda store.

Yenko was not alone in building stuff that couldn't be ordered from the factory. Tasca Ford in E. Providence RI, invented the Cobra Jet Mustang that Ford finally put into production in mid '68. Grand Spaulding Dodge in Chicago was heavily involved in drag racing and high performance in the '60s. There were also special cars from Royal Pontiac in Royal Oak, MI, Baldwin Chevrolet in New York and Nickey in Chicago.

Ford did market a whole line of hi-po parts in the late '60s. Many dealers had a "Performance Corner" dedicated in the showroom, with black/white checkered floors, for the Mach 1 and Boss cars. One local dealer had a special parts counter for the Mustang/Torino parts. Unfortunately, most of these programs ended in the '70s along with the end of the Muscle Car Era.

I hope Ford can promote this new program to its dealers and I hope it is a success.

Edited by Mark B. Morrow

I don't disagree Furious. I grew up in Pittsburgh and Yenko Chevrolet was in the southern suburbs. I remember seeing Yenko Camaros, Novas and Chevelles when they were new. One guy in our neighborhood had a Yenko Stinger Corvair. There are still a few local ones around that show up at car shows. Sadly, Yenko sold the Chevy dealer in the mid '70s and opened a Honda store.

Yenko was not alone in building stuff that couldn't be ordered from the factory. Tasca Ford in E. Providence RI, invented the Cobra Jet Mustang that Ford finally put into production in mid '68. Grand Spaulding Dodge in Chicago was heavily involved in drag racing and high performance in the '60s. There were also special cars from Royal Pontiac in Royal Oak, MI, Baldwin Chevrolet in New York and Nickey in Chicago.

Ford did market a whole line of hi-po parts in the late '60s. Many dealers had a "Performance Corner" dedicated in the showroom, with black/white checkered floors, for the Mach 1 and Boss cars. One local dealer had a special parts counter for the Mustang/Torino parts. Unfortunately, most of these programs ended in the '70s along with the end of the Muscle Car Era.

I hope Ford can promote this new program to its dealers and I hope it is a success.

Each of the dealers with any kind of volume and a showroom to accomedate them will get a Kiosk to showcase the program, while the customers will have the oppertunity to check out the web sight and look at the mods on their vehicle there before they buy!

Edited by Furious1Auto

How about this for an optional body kit on the Mustang?

index-1.jpg

To bad they didn't start when this body style was still being produced! Ford owns this design for the Fusion body kit!

fsbody.jpg

This one is my favorite and was a rendering whith the Hurtz Mustang style inverted hood scoope, and no one owns the rights to the design!

normal_svt_f-bomb.jpg

Edited by Furious1Auto

And to Noah Harbringer, you think a Mac is better than PC with Windows? Give the mac a try and we'll see what happens.

Macs suck for gaming, suck for anything that needs a lot of processing power. Apple uses Intel's worse processors, not to mention they cost a leg and an arm. Not to mention the WAYYY overpriced RAM. I couldn't believe my eyes when they wanted 750 bucks for 4GB RAM. I could get DDR3 RAM with that kind of money.

I don't even want to mention their "Maintenance", but all what I will say is make a copy of your harddrive and format it before giving it to them. Especially if you have personal photos/secret documents/etc.

Give the mac a try? I've been using Macs for years.

A little background: I cut my teeth on the Vic-20, but most of my primary education years were spent on PCs running windows (3.1 and 98). But I had often used Macs at school and loved them. So, when I went to college, I got a Mac. My iMac lasted 5 years, and so far my current mac is 3 1/4 years old with no signs of aging.

My major: Computer Science. Mac OS X is the perfect marriage of a beautiful, well-designed GUI and rock solid UNIX underpinnings. It's perfect for when I'm developing apps, tinkering with perl scripts, writing and testing PHP apps in an environment that perfectly mirrors the production server, and then I can retreat to the easiest, smoothest GUI when I'm done.

At work, I have a Mac and PC side by side. I probably spend 90% of my time on the Mac; the PC has the advantage of having firewall access to one of our development servers that the mac doesn't (I'm too lazy to bug the sysadmin), and access to Active Directory lookup tools.

Anyone who uses a computer as a serious gaming platform needs to rethink things. Get a PS3 or XBOX - it'll be far cheaper than a computer with equivalent capabilities. As for my Mac, I can play Age of Empires 3 just fine, that's good enough for me. Anything else that needs a lot of processing power, and Macs are an excellent choice. There's a reason they're popular for scientific research computing clusters.

And anyone who pays for Apple to install component upgrades... Seriously? It's like taking your car to the dealer to change your wiper blades. It takes 5 minutes tops to do a memory upgrade (well, of course I have a tower, which makes it super easy to access anything I could want to upgrade. My Mini takes a little longer to pull apart, probably 20 minutes).

Edited by Noah Harbinger

Give the mac a try? I've been using Macs for years.

A little background: I cut my teeth on the Vic-20, but most of my primary education years were spent on PCs running windows (3.1 and 98). But I had often used Macs at school and loved them. So, when I went to college, I got a Mac. My iMac lasted 5 years, and so far my current mac is 3 1/4 years old with no signs of aging.

My major: Computer Science. Mac OS X is the perfect marriage of a beautiful, well-designed GUI and rock solid UNIX underpinnings. It's perfect for when I'm developing apps, tinkering with perl scripts, writing and testing PHP apps in an environment that perfectly mirrors the production server, and then I can retreat to the easiest, smoothest GUI when I'm done.

At work, I have a Mac and PC side by side. I probably spend 90% of my time on the Mac; the PC has the advantage of having firewall access to one of our development servers that the mac doesn't (I'm too lazy to bug the sysadmin), and access to Active Directory lookup tools.

Anyone who uses a computer as a serious gaming platform needs to rethink things. Get a PS3 or XBOX - it'll be far cheaper than a computer with equivalent capabilities. As for my Mac, I can play Age of Empires 3 just fine, that's good enough for me. Anything else that needs a lot of processing power, and Macs are an excellent choice. There's a reason they're popular for scientific research computing clusters.

And anyone who pays for Apple to install component upgrades... Seriously? It's like taking your car to the dealer to change your wiper blades. It takes 5 minutes tops to do a memory upgrade (well, of course I have a tower, which makes it super easy to access anything I could want to upgrade. My Mini takes a little longer to pull apart, probably 20 minutes).

The MAC VS. PC disscusion was moved here! http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index...mp;#entry295953