Wife didn't buy new Explorer

SORRYHOG

My wife didn't buy a new Explorer, because she said ahe was'nt going to buy a Limited to get quad seats.

When is Ford going to sell people what they want, instead of trying to charge them for a bunch of options that they don't want or need?

She was willing to pay extra for the quad option, but wasn't ready for the Limited's price tag.

Though it can be frustrating at times to be outside the norm, that is what Ford and other automakers design packages around. If this is the way it is set up, then it is what they see as the most popular way to group the option.

How much extra $$ are we talking about?

My wife didn't buy a new Explorer, because she said ahe was'nt going to buy a Limited to get quad seats.

When is Ford going to sell people what they want, instead of trying to charge them for a bunch of options that they don't want or need?

She was willing to pay extra for the quad option, but wasn't ready for the Limited's price tag.

And I would wonder just the opposite...why would anyone wanna feed a gas pig like Explorer (I have a Mountaineer myself) just to transport 4 people? The whole point of the bigger vehicle is to transport more people/stuff. Quad seating reduces that.

And I would wonder just the opposite...why would anyone wanna feed a gas pig like Explorer (I have a Mountaineer myself) just to transport 4 people? The whole point of the bigger vehicle is to transport more people/stuff. Quad seating reduces that.

They MPG would not be an issue if we were not getting raped at the pump!

AssumethePosition.jpg

How much extra $$ are we talking about?

The price difference between a base model XLT and Limited is $4,000.

I understand what she is going through. I have a loaded 2004 XLT. Have every option available except what is offered on the Limited. I wanted the factory heated seats that were only available on the Limited, and the difference in price was over $3,000. The only differences were chrome wheels, matching painted wheel lips and bumper, a message center, and the heated seats.

curious...what DID she buy.....

The price difference between a base model XLT and Limited is $4,000.

I understand what she is going through. I have a loaded 2004 XLT. Have every option available except what is offered on the Limited. I wanted the factory heated seats that were only available on the Limited, and the difference in price was over $3,000. The only differences were chrome wheels, matching painted wheel lips and bumper, a message center, and the heated seats.

P....no redundant audio controls? memory seats? auto temp controls w dual zone? r boards? subwoofer...i could be wrong thinking bact to 04, but I don't know how many times I had to explain package differences to people questioning the price bump...

Have you ever tried to put a kid in a third seat,when ther is a bench seat in the middle?

Also have you ever tried to get back there yourself?

That's ok, she bought a 2008 Chrysler Town & Country Touring with Quad stow&go seats,with the third seat for about $24,800. Pretty much loaded.

So Ford lost another customer.

By the way, she had two Explorers previous to this. First one was pretty good, but had a lot of brake problems with the other. Like three R/F brake calipers.

Have you ever tried to put a kid in a third seat,when ther is a bench seat in the middle?

Also have you ever tried to get back there yourself?

That's ok, she bought a 2008 Chrysler Town & Country Touring with Quad stow&go seats,with the third seat for about $24,800. Pretty much loaded.

So Ford lost another customer.

By the way, she had two Explorers previous to this. First one was pretty good, but had a lot of brake problems with the other. Like three R/F brake calipers.

If you went for a van, why didn't you got for a Taurus X...or wait for the Flex...it really makes very little sense to me. The TX would have been bigger inside than the Explorer, looks better, IMO, and is the perfect compromise between a van and traditional SUV. Ford had something for you and will soon have something else....you just didn't take it.

P....no redundant audio controls? memory seats? auto temp controls w dual zone? r boards? subwoofer...i could be wrong thinking bact to 04, but I don't know how many times I had to explain package differences to people questioning the price bump...

I have the running boards, dual zone heat/cool, and subwoofer with premium sound. Do not have the redundant audio controls or memory seats. Still don't see the justification, but those are options I could live without. All a matter of choice, but even if I wanted those options, I wasn't too keen on the color choices for the Limited. IIRC, it was "limited" to black, gold, white and red back in '04.

I did like the shiny wheels, though. ;)