SUB to be bypasses-Go directly to JSP

Do any of my brothers or sisters realize the implications of the UAW and Ford, by mutual agreement can, and have, directly by-passed the SUB 48 week layoff clause and placed employees directly into "Protected Status"? Under the new contract, Protected status makes you subject to 2 Out-Of-Zone transfers or take a Buy-Out, or suffer "Inactive Status". No one is "Protected" except under 48 week SUB. The company and Union, by demonstrating past practice, can now declare they are doing you a favor by putting you in JSP. If the contract applies to a few, it applies to everybody!

The company can now place you in the JSP "PROTECTED STATUS" (yea, right!) and you could be offered a single posting with more than one location. If you refuse these Out-Of-Zone opportunies (single posting, multiple locations), you must take a Buy-Out or are out the door empty handed. Convenient if you want to "Fire" employees and immediately deny any benefits due to laid-off employees!

Wow, That is not good if true. I wonder how many different ways there will be to interpret the verbage involved with all this. I can only guess why the Chairman and International reps didn't point this out at our info meets. Can you say agenda.

Please someone clarify this.

Do any of my brothers or sisters realize the implications of the UAW and Ford, by mutual agreement can, and have, directly by-passed the SUB 48 week layoff clause and placed employees directly into "Protected Status"? Under the new contract, Protected status makes you subject to 2 Out-Of-Zone transfers or take a Buy-Out, or suffer "Inactive Status". No one is "Protected" except under 48 week SUB. The company and Union, by demonstrating past practice, can now declare they are doing you a favor by putting you in JSP. If the contract applies to a few, it applies to everybody!

The company can now place you in the JSP "PROTECTED STATUS" (yea, right!) and you could be offered a single posting with more than one location. If you refuse these Out-Of-Zone opportunies (single posting, multiple locations), you must take a Buy-Out or are out the door empty handed. Convenient if you want to "Fire" employees and immediately deny any benefits due to laid-off employees!

I think you are correct on the no 48 week sub and being placed directly placed into protected status (JSP). Don't take this as Gospel, but I am "hearing" they are going to do this to us. Place us in protected status yet still Ford Employees, and still working at our same jobs, at our same plant????

You are NOT "SUPPOSED" to be offered two simultaneous offers. They want to first try to force in zone placement. If I understand correctly, yes once you are in JSP and there are no in zone options you can be given two offers in your trade (if you are trades). If you are trades before being forced out of zone to BFE, you are "supposed" to be offered an option transfer in zone as production (yes at production wages and more than a near distant shot at getting placed back in your trade). I hope they do commit to their promises of protection against two back to back, or two simultaneous offers while in JSP???

I too would like to see written conformation on this.

Edited by Pipefitter

My understanding of the JSP is that if there are posted jobs at your plant for signup then this is on a voluntary basis. If enough people did not sign up then they would start individually start canvasing to count as one of your strikes. This is not the case at closed plants, where they get one opportunity whether in zone or out. If i am wrong please correct me as I do not want to have bad information but this is the way it was explained to me.

My understanding of the JSP is that if there are posted jobs at your plant for signup then this is on a voluntary basis. If enough people did not sign up then they would start individually start canvasing to count as one of your strikes. This is not the case at closed plants, where they get one opportunity whether in zone or out. If i am wrong please correct me as I do not want to have bad information but this is the way it was explained to me.

As to the second part of your statement, I believe its to offers and the out the door. Example, NAP left overs who did not take a buyout or transfer to DTP have a choice now of two ficilities (Chiago or KCAP) or they are out the door of Ford Motor Company. To be frank, these days you have to have a litigation team to figure out this mess. I could be wrong.

Edited by chelsea

At wixom we stopped production may 31 07 and went to jsp (gen) on june 4 07 we thought we would do the lay off time first. by not being layed off workers could not return to their home plant. we are still in gen (jsp) waiting.

The adgenda is they will soon "Force" any employees to take buy-out or transfer to plants in whatever location they choose to offer, or you are out the door.

Next year, or when demand increases, Entry Level employees will fill openings.

Look out low seniority people everywhere. That includes Michigan. If you are not a "Brother-In-Law", you have a target on your back!

As to the second part of your statement, I believe its to offers and the out the door. Example, NAP left overs who did not take a buyout or transfer to DTP have a choice now of two ficilities (Chiago or KCAP) or they are out the door of Ford Motor Company. To be frank, these days you have to have a litigation team to figure out this mess.

Listen...please do not make sht up...if you do not know please do not post. Those plants identified as already closed and offered plants, will have one opportunity!! Even if they do not take an offer they will not be out the door!! They may be without benefits if they choose not to flow, but they wil remain on alist to be transfered!! This is one offer for those from one of the identified plants. Those in Zone will not have an option!!

The adgenda is they will soon "Force" any employees to take buy-out or transfer to plants in whatever location they choose to offer, or you are out the door.

Next year, or when demand increases, Entry Level employees will fill openings.

Look out low seniority people everywhere. That includes Michigan. If you are not a "Brother-In-Law", you have a target on your back!

Please understand the contract before you post your false facts!! There will be no one forced to do anything!! This is all optional!! You could chose not to take an offer and be bypassed!! you will still remain on a list to be asked by seniority when openings occur, but after you decline 2 offers or in previously mentioned plants 1 offer, you will lose benefits!!!

Edited by Captain723

Please understand the contract before you post your false facts!! There will be no one forced to do anything!! This is all optional!! You could chose not to take an offer and be bypassed!! you will still remain on a list to be asked by seniority when openings occur, but after you decline 2 offers or in previously mentioned plants 1 offer, you will lose benefits!!!

Sap666, your post is absolutely true. However, dont make that 2nd refusal sound like a choice. In a realists words, you will get two offers. If you refuse the 1st, you will go to wherever they decide your 2nd offer is.Yes that fine print says you can refuse that 2nd offer but come on lets get real. You are going to lose pay/bennies to sit on a list waiting for a future offer ?? Nahhhh.........

Well said Captain......Its sad but alot of people that read these posts believe everything is true that uninformed people post.

Good job!!!!

I also feel you are a good resource to this site and appreciate your time spent here clarifing the "bullsht".

Keep up the good work...........

Sap666, your post is absolutely true. However, dont make that 2nd refusal sound like a choice. In a realists words, you will get two offers. If you refuse the 1st, you will go to wherever they decide your 2nd offer is.Yes that fine print says you can refuse that 2nd offer but come on lets get real. You are going to lose pay/bennies to sit on a list waiting for a future offer ?? Nahhhh.........

Listen...if someone out of zone or in a remote area does refuse a 2nd offer then they will still be offered other opportunities as they arise, just won't have benefits until they decide to take one of them...so it is a choice waldfk :finger: You will be offered same opportunities as if you were still in JSP!! So you CAN go if you CHOOSE too! If not you will still be offered opportunities as they arise!!

Listen...if someone out of zone or in a remote area does refuse a 2nd offer then they will still be offered other opportunities as they arise, just won't have benefits until they decide to take one of them...so it is a choice waldfk :finger: You will be offered same opportunities as if you were still in JSP!! So you CAN go if you CHOOSE too! If not you will still be offered opportunities as they arise!!

Ok, ok you call it a choice...everyone else who isnt tied to iuaw calls it a dead end. People will just refuse their 2nd offer and work at Mickey Dees until their cherry is delivered on a platter. People can just up and quit outright. Thats a choice but only happens at every blue moon. I never said anyone wouldnt be offered the same opp's.

thfired.jpg

Like Sap723 pointed out , it wont work quite like that but the implications are huge. As the flows from the past show... if it can go wrong or be compromised, it will be.

I have a friend (not at a UAW shop) that was told last week that the place he was working is closing at the end of the month. He will get hooked up with the Dept. of Job and Family Services. While he collects his un-employment they will try and help find him a new place of employment..The best jobs that they have on the books right now pay about 12 bucks an hour. That's reality. It is time for people on this forum to start paying attention to what the UAW negotiated JSP program has done for them. Hell, this guy would have moved his family for one of our jobs BEFORE HE LOST HIS!! We make great wages, great bennies and have a JSP program that gives us two oppurtunities to continue this lifestyle if we so choose or they offer us thousands of dollars to move on and look for other work. No where else in the world does this happen. All I can say is thank you UAW for the job security that has been negotiated for me

I have a friend (not at a UAW shop) that was told last week that the place he was working is closing at the end of the month. He will get hooked up with the Dept. of Job and Family Services. While he collects his un-employment they will try and help find him a new place of employment..The best jobs that they have on the books right now pay about 12 bucks an hour. That's reality. It is time for people on this forum to start paying attention to what the UAW negotiated JSP program has done for them. Hell, this guy would have moved his family for one of our jobs BEFORE HE LOST HIS!! We make great wages, great bennies and have a JSP program that gives us two oppurtunities to continue this lifestyle if we so choose or they offer us thousands of dollars to move on and look for other work. No where else in the world does this happen. All I can say is thank you UAW for the job security that has been negotiated for me

I actually dont see many on here that are at polar opposites to your argument.

True out side of the auto industry, people only get unempolment. After all you guys voted "YES" on the contract. Was the $3,000 worth it? I voted "NO" and still have to face the reality you guys choose for me!

Edited by Furious1Auto

Listen...please do not make sht up...if you do not know please do not post. Those plants identified as already closed and offered plants, will have one opportunity!! Even if they do not take an offer they will not be out the door!! They may be without benefits if they choose not to flow, but they wil remain on alist to be transfered!! This is one offer for those from one of the identified plants. Those in Zone will not have an option!!

Hey why don't you for once go F your self PAL. Who made you the supreme post master dick face. You spend more time on here then anyone else and everyone is wrong in your eyes. Go get a girl friend and get off the computer for awhile PAL. If anyone wanted any shit out of you we would have squeezed your head PAL.

Hey why don't you for once go F your self PAL. Who made you the supreme post master dick face. You spend more time on here then anyone else and everyone is wrong in your eyes. Go get a girl friend and get off the computer for awhile PAL. If anyone wanted any shit out of you we would have squeezed your head PAL.

He appointed himself. And we should be thankful and owe him our allegiance. All HAIL Supreme Post Master Dick Face....Captain 723. LOL. You guys crack me up.......

I happen to like Captain. If you can get past the cussing he is usually 100% right on.

Keep up the good work Captain!!!!!!! "supreme post master" LOL

Don't let these guys chase you off, I appreciate your knowledge.......

Hey chelsea, that was very eloquent. Did you major in grammar before you dropped out of high school?

:hysterical::hysterical:

I don't need a girlfriend I share your old lady!! Quit posting your bullshit on serioous issues. Don't give people wrong info you fk!! Some people really do not know and come here to get answers....so don't post your BS to try and scare people shit lips!! :fan: