Truck Trend reports 2009 f150 horsepower

chevys

You need to read up on what Toyota did in Texas to Ford. That is the largest pickup truck market in the USA + Toyota is not sitting still in 2008.

Financial News

Methinks the reason Ford did not market the new F-150 with the new engine was because they could not figure how to get the torque and HP out of an engine to equal to Toyota. Methinks that once the engine is available it had better be a reliable show stopper because it is not going to get 14/18 mpg as the Toyota does.

IMO, the 2009 without the Boss engine is not equal to the Tundra and could significantly hurt Ford until it is available.

BTW, Toyota will have a diesel in 2009, 275 and 300H.P., along with 475 to 525 Lb.Ft. of torque, coupled with the 6-speed automatic and geared acordingly.

It wouldnt be unreasonable to expect anywhere from 22 to 25 MPG as a EPA rating making a nicely equipped SR5 d-cab 4WD short-bed in the $38k price range.

Did Toyota outsell Ford in Texas? Of course not. They increased their sales against a 4-year old competitor and had to throw cash on the hood to do it. Toyota's last Tundra was such a worthless POS that they couldn't have done much worse. Given the numerous quality problems plagueing the Tundra, its reputation certainly hasn't been helped.

Your trolling has become quite tiresome Mlhm. Real pick up owners are concerned about more than 0-60 times. That is the only measure that Toyota beats Ford. It just isn't that important. Have fun on the Toyota sites. Take Ford?LOL with you.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Truth: Toyota rushed their engineers and suppliers on the development of the "I-force" 5.7L DOHC V8. You know what happened? They had 20 trucks that spit camshafts.

Just 20? Seems like a pretty small number compared to how many 5.7s are on the road but as Ford cheerleaders, i expect you all to blow it out of proportion as usual. This "BOSS" engine that you guys keep on harping about better be something really special............

Just 20? Seems like a pretty small number compared to how many 5.7s are on the road but as Ford cheerleaders, i expect you all to blow it out of proportion as usual. This "BOSS" engine that you guys keep on harping about better be something really special............

425hp and 425 lbs/tq should be pretty special...especially since it supposedly has direct injection and displacement on demand. It will also eventually be twin turboed with Ford's Ecoboost tech. 650lbs/tq should make it even more special.... :finger:

The number I heard was 30+...but it doesn't really matter. The point is that the brand which you believe is a "contender" in the truck market has many qualitiy problems. If a brand wants to be a contender it shouldn't have ANY of the major problems that Toyota Tundras have had.

The number I heard was 30+...but it doesn't really matter. The point is that the brand which you believe is a "contender" in the truck market has many qualitiy problems. If a brand wants to be a contender it shouldn't have ANY of the major problems that Toyota Tundras have had.

200K sold equals a "contender" in my books.............................

We all know that the 20 confirmed engine failures were not a good thing, but here at BON, we are REALISTS. We realize those 20 engine failures pale in comparison with all the other flaws that ALL TOYOTA TUNDRAS have. I would type them, but it's not worth telling a Tundra fan what is wrong with his truck, like oh say the made-of-tinfoil tailgate, the flexa-frame, the juggles-the-clown-car suspension, the persistent bed vibrations that occur on the freeway, which would make your local sleezy hotel manager wonder how he can make HIS BEDS do THAT, the poor crash test ratings, the ugly interior marred with poor build quality .. oh whoops, I guess those just slipped out. My bad.

Edited by SVT_MAN

We all know that the 20 confirmed engine failures were not a good thing, but here at BON, we are REALISTS. We realize those 20 engine failures pale in comparison with all the other flaws that ALL TOYOTA TUNDRAS have. I would type them, but it's not worth telling a Tundra fan what is wrong with his truck, like oh say the made-of-tinfoil tailgate, the flexa-frame, the juggles-the-clown-car suspension, the persistent bed vibrations that occur on the freeway, which would make your local sleezy hotel manager wonder how he can make HIS BEDS do THAT, the poor crash test ratings, the ugly interior marred with poor build quality .. oh whoops, I guess those just slipped out. My bad.

Motor Trend TOTY. IIHS safest truck award. 200K sold. End of story.

Back up your data!

Safety Ratings

Tundra:

http://www.internetautoguide.com/crash-tes...2943/index.html

Passenger Side: 4 Stars

Driver's Side: 4 Stars

Roll-over 3 Stars

F-150

http://www.internetautoguide.com/crash-tes...-150/index.html

Passenger Side: 5 Stars

Driver's Side: 5 Stars

Roll-over 4 Stars

F-150: Good Rating from IIHS, the highest you can get.

http://www.iihs.org/ratings/rating.aspx?id=192

Motor Trend TOTY: Worthless award, means nothing.

Here are some other winners that Motor Trend has picked over the years:

Chevrolet Vega

Chevrolet Monte Carlo

Chevrolet Citation

AMC / Renault Alliance

Chrysler, Dodge Omni / Plymouth Horizon

Notice anything about the list? None of those products are made any longer.

200k sold: Liar. They did not sell 200k, only 196k. Did not even meet internal sales targets.

End of story. Goodbye sir.

Edited by SVT_MAN

Actually, isn't Ford still *technically* the horsepower leader with the supercharged HD F-150? I don't even know what it's rated, but it'd probably outrun a Tundra. :)

450-hp I believe. And I suppose then, technically the F-150 would be the leader.

Actually, I take that back, the Ram SRT-10 (do they still make that?) would be, with 500-hp (if it's still made).

I thought that once the new engines were out that the 5.4L was to be replaced by another engine? possibly a 5.8L BOSS? I also heard that Ford is working on a new fuel efficient v8 to replace the 4.6L. Anyone else hear this?

I believe you're correct, at least I seem to remember reading that somewhere. The 5.4 won't be replaced until after the new engine debuts, as you stated though.

425hp and 425 lbs/tq should be pretty special...especially since it supposedly has direct injection and displacement on demand. It will also eventually be twin turboed with Ford's Ecoboost tech. 650lbs/tq should make it even more special.... :finger:

Just a little more special... :shades:

200K sold equals a "contender" in my books.............................

:redcard:

FYI, Toyota did not reach their 200K sales mark.

And they did it by dropping loads of incentives in a market where the best vehicle in the class is 4 years old, didn't load on the incentives, and is still better than Tundra.

Because Tundras will quickly carry you to the land of "tingling relaxation and ease."

:hysterical:

Toyota is laughing at all the Mercedes, Maybach, and other high-end manufacturers who offer massage seats......Toyota figured out how to do it without an expensive chair....just make the whole vehicle be a giant massage machine, there's only one setting though.....it's called UGLY, WEAK, INCAPABLE, NON-QUALITY, AND VIBRATIONS, and yes that's the official name for this STANDARD equipment.

I just realized, Toyota is obsessed with turds.....we've got the TuRD package, switch a few letters around you got the TURDNA (Tundra), whats next the 'DRUT' (turd backwards)?

I forgot about the Tundra (or TURDna) manure in the bed ad.....more evidence that Toyota likes turds.

Edited by rmc523