More Tundra problems

chevys

First off, Im not a Toyo hater like some of you. Read through this thread. At first I dismissed it as a guy maybe having a lemon but several people chimed in and said they felt the same thing. Im not sure what to make of it but this could get nasty from the way it sounds he is getting treated.

I know Im asking the impossible but try to keep this thread civil. I feel bad for anybody that shells out big money and gets hung out to dry by any company. Toyota needs to clean up their act. I have really lost quite a bit of confidence in them and our family has owned a bunch and they have all been good. The next purchase wont be automatic I can promise you that.

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/tund...wing-it-tundra/

Toyota is suffering the same pains the Big 3 have for years, when you make things in big volumes you're going to have problems. Things slip by now that didn't before. marketing pressures, artificial sales goals, etc all combine to create the "new" Toyota. The "new" Toyota isn't so perfect as the old Toyota. Hopefully the American buying public will wake up to this soon, since Consumer Reports seems to be.

and people say they are better, its time that people wake up and see that they are not better and start buying something thats the money is going to stay here.

It is going to take some time for the publics perception to catch up to reality.

Same for GM. They have made fantastic strides in their new vehicles (Malibu, CTS, Lambdas)...but it will take time before the public realizes that and starts buying them in numbers that the big 3 aren't used to.

Hyundai is in the same boat as GM as well.

Edited by P71_CrownVic

It is going to take some time for the publics perception to catch up to reality.

Same for GM. They have made fantastic strides in their new vehicles (Malibu, CTS, Lambdas)...but it will take time before the public realizes that and starts buying them in numbers that the big 3 aren't used to.

Hyundai is in the same boat as GM as well.

I agree. Once people get set in their thinking they can be very stubborn about changing that thinking, even when theyre presented with cold hard facts. There is actually a psychological term for this, but I dont remember it at the moment. Its when people look for thing to confirm what they belief, but ignore things that say the opposite is true.

I noticed Mr Toyota is not a happy bunny, Quality Is Major Concern of Toyota’s Visiting Chief.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/15/business...;sq=&st=nyt

One thing I thought was odd about that article....it said the Venza was replacing the Solara, which it's not, except for the fact that there will still be the same number of models available as before.