F-150 Pre-Game Super Bowl ad

rmc523

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm confused....I was talking about Tundras, asking if they're sold around the world, are you talking about Tundras as well? You said SDs, you mean Super Duties right? Sorry if there was confusion.

I was referring to the half-ton to 1 ton pickup as being a largely American vehicle, sold in exceptionally small quantities around the world.

Essentially, if the vehicle is primarily consumed in this market, there are usually advantages to be found engineering and testing it in this market.

I really like the part that said "Closed Centrifuge-Do Not Attempt". I don't know about you guys but I was looking forward to going down to my local centrifuge and trying that out. :hysterical:

All in all it was an attention getter and made the point that if they put a lot of thought into something as small as tow hooks, they probably got the big things right like the frame. The behind the scenes videos on the website are great. I hope to see more of the Mike Rowe ads.

Edited by Mark B. Morrow

Took these pics on the way home from work a month or so ago. Crappy cell phone again, but hey, its how i got the Ridgeline pics a few weeks back too :D

Enjoy!

12-14-07_1700-1.jpg

12-14-07_1659.jpg

12-14-07_1658.jpg

It looks like the R8 does not handle in a such a beautiful way, a coke tin looks like it's got more meat to it, and would offer more protection judging by that tear in the Audi's door skin. Hope it did not put to a scratch mark on the bumper of the Cougar. The R8 looks a flimsy death trap.

Sorry for the pun but do you think the car belonged to the guy in this advert

http://www.truthinengineering.com/exclusive-preview/

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

I really like the part that said "Closed Centrifuge-Do Not Attempt". I don't know about you guys but I was looking forward to going down to my local centrifuge and trying that out. :hysterical:

All in all it was an attention getter and made the point that if they put a lot of thought into something as small as tow hooks, they probably got the big things right like the frame. The behind the scenes videos on the website are great. I hope to see more of the Mike Rowe ads.

Mike Rowe does a great job in the commercials. lol He's pretty funny. A lot of the commercials are pretty much a big :finger: to the competition. Anyway I really think that his reputation from Dirty Jobs really helps emphasize the F-150's down and dirty, tough truck image. I also look forward to more Mike Rowe ads.

I thought and said the same thing above. I dont really remember seeing F-150 ads like the swinging centrifuge one until the over the top Tundra ones.

Almost 30 years ago, I was a kid watching a F-150 climb a hill of cement blocks. Then, a few months later, a F-150 climbed the same hill with a Chevy on its back. And if I remeber correctly, Ford finished with a F-150 climbing the cement block hill with a Chevy on its back and towing a Dodge.

That R8 is a beautiful supercar! Nothing Ford makes can compare to it! NOTHING!

As much as I like the R8, and it is a beautiful car, I prefer the Ford GT!!

Boegey

Wonder what the hell happened there....

Let's see, broken suspension all around, front fender pushed up slightly, lower door ripped back, front bumper missing - imagination says someone either tried to see how super it was against a curb stone, or pancaked it trying to "get air" over a small crest in the road.

BUT...

The missing rear tag seems to imply that it fell off the delivery truck.

(Or, maybe, it was the sales guy who tried option A - THEN blamed it on the delivery guy. ;))

Almost 30 years ago, I was a kid watching a F-150 climb a hill of cement blocks. Then, a few months later, a F-150 climbed the same hill with a Chevy on its back. And if I remeber correctly, Ford finished with a F-150 climbing the cement block hill with a Chevy on its back and towing a Dodge.

As much as I like the R8, and it is a beautiful car, I prefer the Ford GT!!

Boegey

I remember that ad. I wonder if it is on YouTube. I'll try to find it.

Let's see, broken suspension all around, front fender pushed up slightly, lower door ripped back, front bumper missing - imagination says someone either tried to see how super it was against a curb stone, or pancaked it trying to "get air" over a small crest in the road.

BUT...

The missing rear tag seems to imply that it fell off the delivery truck.

(Or, maybe, it was the sales guy who tried option A - THEN blamed it on the delivery guy. ;))

yeah not sure what happened to cause that wreck. it looks like it ran off of the road and into a ditch or something. who knows what the underside looks like. yech.

You see alot of interesting things when rolling down the freeway in rush hour traffic in SoCal. Hell, the first GT500 i saw was also wrecked, and on the back of a tow truck.

so i took a pic of that too :D

gt500.jpg

Edited by Sixt9coug

Mike Rowe does a great job in the commercials. lol He's pretty funny. A lot of the commercials are pretty much a big :finger: to the competition. Anyway I really think that his reputation from Dirty Jobs really helps emphasize the F-150's down and dirty, tough truck image. I also look forward to more Mike Rowe ads.

I thought it was disgusting what they did in the Dirty Jobs episode where he builds a billboard. That episode really showed how desperate Ford really is.

I thought it was disgusting what they did in the Dirty Jobs episode where he builds a billboard. That episode really showed how desperate Ford really is.

yeah like how GM literally made a commercial that was almost 2 hours long....oh shit im sorry that was Transformers.....and there was a Mustang in it.....