Would you really want the LTD name on the Taurus, though?

No, The Taurus has it's individual identity. I'm talking about going back to the day late 60's through the 70's when Ford had a car strictly named the LTD and that's it. Especially with styling cues to reflect that.

And if they were smart. They'd dust off the Torino nameplate and use it!

Edited by Bored of Pisteon

No, The Taurus has it's individual identity. I'm talking about going back to the day late 60's through the 70's when Ford had a car strictly named the LTD and that's it. Especially with styling cues to reflect that.

And if they were smart. They'd dust off the Torino nameplate and use it!

I figured out the true meaning of LTD... It's Like Thunderbird Design... :hysterical:

Perhaps they will stick on a chrome clad plastic "LTD" designator for the last 1 or 2 years of production. At least then it would actually imply a limited run. :reading:

That's exactly where I'm getting at on this. If the Crown Vic is being phased out here in a few years. Why can't we just have one last horrah for good ol' sake and for god sakes... Bring back some of those awesome colors and cool plush seats while you're at it as well!

Don't forget the hood ornament too!

I figured out the true meaning of LTD... It's Like Thunderbird Design... :hysterical:

I've read (on the Internet) that it actually stood for Lincoln Type Design. I don't believe it. I believe it stood for "Limited."

I'd like to see the Galaxie name come back, or even Custom. If it looked like the Interceptor concept, Custom would be a nice name for it.

I don't see any of this happening, though.

I've read (on the Internet) that it actually stood for Lincoln Type Design. I don't believe it. I believe it stood for "Limited."

I'd like to see the Galaxie name come back, or even Custom. If it looked like the Interceptor concept, Custom would be a nice name for it.

I don't see any of this happening, though.

In 1973, FOA originally adapted "Lincoln Type Design" as the meaning for LTD in their market. When the LTD first debuted on the 1965 Galaxie there was no clear explaination given what it meant exactly but most people assumed "Limited" since it is the common abbreviation for such. There is also some who say it means "Luxury Trim Decor".

Add the designation to a Taurus model and you can call it a "Luxury Taurus Dolled-up!" :hysterical:

Edited by Watchdevil