MUSTANG GT500 CUSTOMER PROBLEMS

gafry

If you read on the Stangsunleashed wed site you will see the growing unrest of potential

customers of the Mustang GT500. FORD would be smart to come out with a release saying

they are going to build 10,000 GT500's this year and next year. That would reduce the price

gouging by FORD Dealers to there cuctomers. This would also help build the Mustang fan

base and not cause discourged customers to go to another car manufacture like GM or Dodge.

I HOPE SOMEONE IN FORD IS LISTENING AND SOON COMES OUT WITH CUSTOMER INFROMATION

THAT WILL MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY NOT JUST THE PRICE GOUGING DEALERS.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10,000 barely totals 3 per dealer on average. Thats not NEARLY enough to not encourage gouging. If you think that your local dealer can not find 3 people over the course of a year that will pony up $20,000 over sticker(to about the price of a Saleen) to buy them you are crazy. They are supposed to be in the business of SELLING CARS! A $40k car is not something out of the ordinary, make 30,000 of the friggin things, wtf? There is no such thing as a modern collectable. Do you think Toyota is limiting the number of 40k 'limited' Avalons they can build? I say build 3 times as much, at least.

Its going to be another thing that leaves a bad taste in the mouths of the people who really dream of owning them and are the true enthusiasts and the wealthy assholes that end up gobbling them up and hiding them away for no reason whatsoever. I personally think it makes us look stupid to the greater masses of customers to see that stupid ADM sicker on the Shelby in the showroom that ends up pissing off customers that would NEVER of bought it anyway. I still think to this day that the ADM's on the first Mustang windows chased off hundreds of potential customers of ALL Ford models when they would stop by the dealer at night, see the $10k markup sticker when they checked out the one on the display pad, said 'what assholes' and never came back to the dealer-and they were in the market for an Escape. Sure I would love to sell a $20,000 deal on a Shelby, but not in exchange for all the people we piss off by seeing the markup on what is essentially a display piece to most Ford shoppers. I think it should be regular part of the lineup, not some bullshit 'collectable' through phony supply manipulation. Whore the sucker so us 'normal folk' can get our hands on one.

The Mustang thing really pissed me off as I had SO many friends that wanted one right away at a decent price. Not to mention that Ford FINALLY builds a car that brings BACK people from years of buying imports only to smack them in the face with the stupid ADM. You can basically count the losses by calculating half of the 350Z and G35 sales for 2005. Normal mustang buyers simply waited out the initial rush, but most of the new 'Conquest' buyers balked at the markup and said 'oh well so much for that idea' and went back to thier Honda's and Nissans. Most of the 'big buck' markups on the GT super car( and I am sure the Shelby )are captured by management selling the vehicles and circumventing salespeople to start with(or paying 'flat pays' instead of normal rates). A company financially in the toilet and the 'hot' products get gouged. Yes we salespeople are in the business to sell cars for a profitt, but not by pissing off the masses for a once-in-a-blue-moon 'big deal'. You don't make a living selling Mustangs or GT supercars, but you do make a living making conquest sales to new clients on the entire Ford line that the 'halo' cars drum up excitement for.

I also understand management's frustration of having to give away hundreds of Fords and using an opportunity to make a few extra bucks on these cars to the most, but in the end, its a means to an end-just like big rebates. Get them excited about rebates, and then watch what happens when someone trades that car they got such 'great deal' on. They go somewhere else next time. Its embarassing to do a trade evaluation on a customer's 2003 Ford(especially when YOU sold it to them) and try to sell 'value' on the next one as it is; let alone explaining the $15,000 markup sticker on the Shelby in the showroom 500 times to everyone NOT buying one while they are shopping. I think Ford should of made an effort to control the ADM's a bit on these types of cars. Toyota forces all dealers to sell Scions at sticker price consistantly.

Edited by kevinb120

" I think Ford should of made an effort to control the ADM's a bit on these types of cars. Toyota forces all dealers to sell Scions at sticker price consistantly."

The problem is that price fixing laws prevent Ford (or any OEM) from directly controlling sale prices.

The only meaningful short term remedy is for Ford to build a sufficient number of GT500s for the market to set prices without obscene ADMs.

That probably won't happen due to several factors: (1) Ford's CAFE average limits the number of lower mpg V8s (flexi-fuel could help this, though); (2) Any company that would kill off SVT really doesn't understand the high performance market; (3) per-unit profit margins stay higher with overly restricted production; (4) fear of cannibalizing sales from lesser Mustangs; (5) No perceivedl competitive pressures in the segment on supply or prices (Ford apparently doesn't see the legion of sports car competitors which will compete in the $40,000-$55,000 segment, or if it does, Ford is satisfied with a tiny, fleeting share of the market).

High ADMs on GT500 are certain until novelty wears off and demand comes inline with supply.

At least they are still building the GT500--which is more than you can say for other obvious performance models (e.g. SVT Lightning, SVT Adrenalin, Falcon in the USA, Focus RS in the USA, SVT Explorer, Galaxie 500, SVT Fusion, SVT Five Hundred V8 . . . . )

For the 1st time in my life ,I'm starting to look at other car manufacturers products seriously.

Ive been a loyal Ford buyer and fan all my life. I'm 54 .

Last July 05 I walked into my local Ford dealer to see if I could reserve a new GT500 Mustang at MSRP. The salesman told me he couldn't approve only the owner could. Since the owner was there the salesman asked him. He agreed to 'sticker price" if I would give him a check for $1000. I came back with a check and he wrote up on their typical order form ,"new shelby, sticker price,customer can cancel at any time." This agreement locked me in to buy the car at this dealer as well as this dealer to sell the car to me. Since I was the 1st person to give this dealer a check ,He bragged that I would be the 1st person in town to get the car

I was so happy ,I've been looking forward to getting this car ever since, Fast forward to this past monday. I asked to see if I could place the order in Fords' Concep program. The salesman called me back to tell me they have decided to Auction off their two GT500s and wouldn't be selling me the car. He cited the activity on the internet as the reason for the change of mind.

The dealer {owner} refused to talk to to me and explain why he has gone back on his word. He has left me no other recourse but to threaren legal action.

I feel discusted ,disapointed and disallusioned over this whole matter.He has turned my excitement and great anticipation into a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.

Does Ford care about their loyal customers? By allowing their dealers to opperate in this manner I think not.

Is there any recourse for me other than to retain an attorney?{which i have already done} Does Ford have any control or infulence with their dealers?

If anyone at Ford can help me in this matter please let me know. If not this will probably be my last experence with Ford motor co. as well as my family members and their spouses and our friends.

This total disergard and disrespect of your loyal customers is shameful .

by the way a partial list of currently owned Ford products.

2005 Mustang GT vert

2004 E350 diesel

2003 explorer Eddie Bauer

2003 Explorer xlt

2001 Lightning f-150

2002 Taurus

1996 Explorer xlt

1991 T-Bird

1992 T-Bird

1965 Mustang

The Dealership should stick to it's word,however,the dealership OWNS the CAR...not Ford.After the car is invoiced to the dealer,it's the dealer's to sell at whatever price a customer is willing to pay.

Ironhorse

The Dealership should stick to it's word,however,the dealership OWNS the CAR...not Ford.After the car is invoiced to the dealer,it's the dealer's to sell at whatever price a customer is willing to pay.

Are you saying that a dealer can agree to anything they want to and take a large deposit then completly ignore it when it comes time to honor it, and not have to answer to anyone ?

That is at the least unethical and the most unlawful. In this case it reflects very badly on FMCO.

Edited by svtbird91

My dealer has 45 orders, some with deposits.............Ford told him they would build all they could sell.....now he is told he is only getting 12. The chance of me, (#5 on list), getting my car at MSRP seems ZERO right now...I WILL NOT PAY MORE THAN THAT PERIOD.

My answer is I will go buy a C6 for way less than the markup/auction anticipated price.....

Chevy will deal on new Vettes, and they actually make enough to sell to customers......

I am disgusted with the idiotic shortsighted management at Ford....a shining example of stupid decisions and bad results from them..........are you completely clueless??????????? :angry: :angry:

Quit telling us you got no $$$, you don't have $$ because you make hardly any desirable salable vehicles.

Killing SVT is moronic, its true that SVT is a small percentage of annual sales, but what the idiots in marketing fail to realize is that SVT customers buy their other vehicles from Ford as well...........

My family has had 3 SVT's since 1998, BUT; we have purchased 13 other Ford products also.....

Do the math, halo cars bring traffic and sales to you.

If I could express the outrage I feel for Ford's actions more articulately; I would say, I'm voting with my wallet and you will not be on my ballot if you don't get more customer friendly and responsive...

I give up......."stupid is as stupid does": Forrest Gump

Edited by oldracer

Couple of comments here:

1. Unfortunately, the GT500 looks a Z06 redeaux, only worse, because the cars more affordable.

2. A deposit placed on a vehicle is probably not a binding contract- most dealerships standard purchase orders have enough escape clauses in fine print to choke a horse. A delivered car- now that's a consumated contract.

Couple of comments here:

1. Unfortunately, the GT500 looks a Z06 redeaux, only worse, because the cars more affordable.

2. A deposit placed on a vehicle is probably not a binding contract- most dealerships standard purchase orders have enough escape clauses in fine print to choke a horse. A delivered car- now that's a consumated contract.

Weil that may or may not be true ,one thing that is undeniable Ford will lose many future sales over this type of behavior. That to me is "THE WAY BACKWARD" not "FORWARD". :shrug:

My dealer has 45 orders, some with deposits.............Ford told him they would build all they could sell.....now he is told he is only getting 12. The chance of me, (#5 on list), getting my car at MSRP seems ZERO right now...I WILL NOT PAY MORE THAN THAT PERIOD.

My answer is I will go buy a C6 for way less than the markup/auction anticipated price.....

Chevy will deal on new Vettes, and they actually make enough to sell to customers......

I am disgusted with the idiotic shortsighted management at Ford....a shining example of stupid decisions and bad results from them..........are you completely clueless??????????? :angry: :angry:

Quit telling us you got no $$$, you don't have $$ because you make hardly any desirable salable vehicles.

Killing SVT is moronic, its true that SVT is a small percentage of annual sales, but what the idiots in marketing fail to realize is that SVT customers buy their other vehicles from Ford as well...........

My family has had 3 SVT's since 1998, BUT; we have purchased 13 other Ford products also.....

Do the math, halo cars bring traffic and sales to you.

If I could express the outrage I feel for Ford's actions more articulately; I would say, I'm voting with my wallet and you will not be on my ballot if you don't get more customer friendly and responsive...

I give up......."stupid is as stupid does": Forrest Gump

Well said!!!!!! I hope ford management does read these posts and does something about the dealers , who are killing the enthuiasm on their new products by raising prices to the point where they leave the average buyer out . Forcing them to look to other brands . When someone waits a year to by a vehicle that was advertized to sell by the manufacturer at a fair price ,then has that price put out of reach by the dealer due to greed it effectivly kills the amount of sales . In many cases the enthuiasiam for that vehicle also.

Look at the thunderbird for example. I too am also looking at the C6 Vett seriously for the first time. I won't be looking to Ford any more .Not because I don't like the product but because I feel like I will be rewarding them if I buy from them after being treated so poorly, its a matter of principle !!! I'm very sad about it but I have no other recource.

Edited by svtbird91

Believe me, as a salesperson in a Ford dealership, I am actually starting to dread the car ariving already, its going to be such a pain in the ass for only a handfull of cars. The chances of me selling one is about 100 to 1, the chances of me getting agrivated by clients getting upset over the situation at least 100 times is guaranteed. Especially since I know hundreds of Mustang enthusiasts in the area that aren't going to get a chance to buy one. It gives me a headache thinking about it. 40k is cheap in this area, just make tons of em. I thought Ford wanted to sell more cars. Between reading endless threads on 'Shelby's', diesel F150s, and C1 Foci, I friggin get sick to my stomach as a Ford fan.

Edited by kevinb120

Guest Sixcav

Once again we see the single biggest problem in the Ford company is the asswipes selling the cars. The dealerships do more to hurt Ford and piss off potential buyers than any other single aspect of the whole industry. They will gouge you at every opportunity and after you drive off the lot you can bet your ass they are high fiving each other over how they raked you over the coals. I refuse to take my Mustang to my local Ford dealer for anything just as a matter of principle. They'll never see that car again. They'll never see me again either. Something has got to be done about these dealers. They are destroying the company. The local Nissan / Mercedes dealer here decided to put their entire sales staff on salary. Pros and Cons to that I suppose. But I would suspect if you staff your dealer with quality sales people, pay them a decent salary, they'll be productive and you won't have a lot full of greasy smile car sharks who just get some kind of thrill out of gouging you. Just an idea.

As a Ford employee, I refuse to pay more than A-Plan price for a GT500. I understand Ford has already said the GT500 is not eligible for A-Plan (also the Harley F-150 - wtf?). I'm now looking at the C6 and Chevy is willing to deal. Good job Ford. Now you have an employee looking at the competition. On a side note, when the terminator came out it had mark ups and a year later it had a $3000 rebate.

Believe me, as a salesperson in a Ford dealership, I am actually starting to dread the car ariving already, its going to be such a pain in the ass for only a handfull of cars. The chances of me selling one is about 100 to 1, the chances of me getting agrivated by clients getting upset over the situation at least 100 times is guaranteed. Especially since I know hundreds of Mustang enthusiasts in the area that aren't going to get a chance to buy one. It gives me a headache thinking about it. 40k is cheap in this area, just make tons of em.

Welcome to my world. First the Z06, now the GT500. ;) As a dealer that doesn't make a practice of gouging their customers, we still don't know what to do about the Mustang. 3 cars, about 50 check-waving customers- that's without actively trying. Naturally, whatever we do, someone's going to get pissed off at us, and it's always the dealers, never the manufacturers fault. Crapo.

BTW- GM doesn't offer the Z06 as GMS either.

I went and drove a C6 6 spd today...............WOW what a cohesive package....and with the Z51 option and little else, it lists for 47-48K.

Let's see here; a GT500 with a 15K mrkup would be 55K, talk 'em down 5K still 50K......no way in hell is that a smart move.

My cousin's husband owns a Chevy dealership in MA, he has already offered me a Z06 at his cost...about early 50's if I recall for a minimum option version, so I will be calling him about the regular C6 this week.

I'm guessing I can get on e around 39K or less; out the door. Seems like a VERY good deal to me.

My 2003 Z71 'Burb listed for 45K and I paid $36,078 out the door TTT.... been excellent, buying an 07 when they get here, and mine has 4 people wanting it at a premium because

I only have 18,000 miles on it.

Ford must get some car enthusiast people in positions of decision making, I give you Bob Lutz....like him or not he is getting shit done at GM and creating an interest and people are noticing...

It is all about the product and making it desirable so people will want to pay retail to get it........it takes $$ to make $$; either scrimp and F-up now or spend and save a grand old company...

Be brave, have the best design, the most power, the absolute gotta have package. I'm tired of seeing Ford last & half-ass in their endeavors.....shit or get off the pot my Dad used to say. I say grow a set and take some risks, you sure aren't impressing anyone with this road you are on..................

Rebates DO NOT SUBSTITUTE FOR QUALITY and desire to own, they just make people buy for price and take it up the keister on resale and trade-in.....not a formula for long term success or customer loyalty. I know it annoys me when my dealer says he doesn't want anymore trades, he's buried in them.

Ford management should throw out whatever philosophy they think they are following and just listen to the customers, all of them...worked for Honda, best minivan, best midsize 4 dr car, best little car, that isn't me talking that is the automotive press and people's wallets talking....Ford needs to figure out how to achieve that level of comment about their products - CONSISTENTLY.

I'm done for now...still pissed off that SVT is going away...a completely asinine decision that will appear in textbooks about how not to run a business successfully......

I could just spit nails at this point... :angry:

Edited by oldracer

Welcome to my world. First the Z06, now the GT500. ;) As a dealer that doesn't make a practice of gouging their customers, we still don't know what to do about the Mustang. 3 cars, about 50 check-waving customers- that's without actively trying. Naturally, whatever we do, someone's going to get pissed off at us, and it's always the dealers, never the manufacturers fault. Crapo.

BTW- GM doesn't offer the Z06 as GMS either.

Do you guys take a deposit with the promise of msrp ,make your customer wait nine months ,then go back on your word when it comes time to order? That is why I'm so upset . It seems to me that there should be some sort of oversite by FMCO on these things.

I do agree the manu. should share in the blame for allowing this to happen. As a consumer I can only take my future business elsewhere! Its no wonder Ford is in such trouble ,they are not looking out for their customers the way the more successful co's are. I never thought I'd see the day I'd leave Ford as a loyal customer , THAT DAY IS HERE unless Ford can show me they do care.

PS. I'm not holding my breath.

Man, you guys are taking the words right out of my mouth. I have been disgusted since I saw an '05 Gt Vertible for $15,000 over the sticker price. What a freakin joke. Last time I looked, the big blue oval out in front of the dealership reads FORD. That means that you dealers are representing FORD, and the gouging will affect sales, guaranteed. OK, you make $10,000-$15,000 on one sale, but how many customers are you turning off that will buy your other products? I also have that sick, disgusted feeling in my stomach over this situation. Ok, Ford could build more GT500's, but that is not an excuse to gouge. Ok, you get your 3 GT500's in from Ford. Sell them to the first 3 people on your list, and at list price, and I bet you will have repeat customers. Man look how many Ford vehicles that angry man has listed on his post, he is a goldmine for Ford,,,,,,ooops, ,,,was a goldmine for Ford. As far as the dealer going back on his word, there is no excuse for that. If that happened to me, I would get a lawyer, and I would mount a negative advertising campaign to let everyone in the area know that that dealer is a bunch of scumbag jerks who lie. Anyway, since I have no shot at a GT500, I am also looking at a corvette, or ricer, or an '07 gt mustang. I own an '05 expedition, and would love to park a GT500 next to it, won't happen though, due to greed. I refused to shell out anything over sticker for the '05, and then I decided to wait and see the GT500 situation. What a freakin joke. Ford could step in to the dealer situation without "price fixing". These statements are such cop-outs by people, and they are using that as an excuse for the gouging. I am so turned off by Ford right now, and that includes the FORD DEALERS, key word being FORD. Guess what, I am not the only one......

I went and drove a C6 6 spd today...............WOW what a cohesive package....and with the Z51 option and little else, it lists for 47-48K.

Let's see here; a GT500 with a 15K mrkup would be 55K, talk 'em down 5K still 50K......no way in hell is that a smart move.

My cousin's husband owns a Chevy dealership in MA, he has already offered me a Z06 at his cost...about early 50's if I recall for a minimum option version, so I will be calling him about the regular C6 this week.

I'm guessing I can get on e around 39K or less; out the door. Seems like a VERY good deal to me.

My 2003 Z71 'Burb listed for 45K and I paid $36,078 out the door TTT.... been excellent, buying an 07 when they get here, and mine has 4 people wanting it at a premium because

I only have 18,000 miles on it.

Ford must get some car enthusiast people in positions of decision making, I give you Bob Lutz....like him or not he is getting shit done at GM and creating an interest and people are noticing...

It is all about the product and making it desirable so people will want to pay retail to get it........it takes $$ to make $$; either scrimp and F-up now or spend and save a grand old company...

Be brave, have the best design, the most power, the absolute gotta have package. I'm tired of seeing Ford last & half-ass in their endeavors.....shit or get off the pot my Dad used to say. I say grow a set and take some risks, you sure aren't impressing anyone with this road you are on..................

Rebates DO NOT SUBSTITUTE FOR QUALITY and desire to own, they just make people buy for price and take it up the keister on resale and trade-in.....not a formula for long term success or customer loyalty. I know it annoys me when my dealer says he doesn't want anymore trades, he's buried in them.

Ford management should throw out whatever philosophy they think they are following and just listen to the customers, all of them...worked for Honda, best minivan, best midsize 4 dr car, best little car, that isn't me talking that is the automotive press and people's wallets talking....Ford needs to figure out how to achieve that level of comment about their products - CONSISTENTLY.

I'm done for now...still pissed off that SVT is going away...a completely asinine decision that will appear in textbooks about how not to run a business successfully......

I could just spit nails at this point... :angry:

Grab that Z06- but I bet you got that confused with a C6. A Z06 invoices in the low $60's, but anyone buying one for MSRP (low $70's) has a 18 month wait in front of them. $10-$25K over MSRP has been the money on Z06's in stock- if you can find one.

Do you guys take a deposit with the promise of msrp ,make your customer wait nine months ,then go back on your word when it comes time to order? That is why I'm so upset . It seems to me that there should be some sort of oversite by FMCO on these things.

I do agree the manu. should share in the blame for allowing this to happen. As a consumer I can only take my future business elsewhere! Its no wonder Ford is in such trouble ,they are not looking out for their customers the way the more successful co's are. I never thought I'd see the day I'd leave Ford as a loyal customer , THAT DAY IS HERE unless Ford can show me they do care.

PS. I'm not holding my breath.

re: Deposits. Not no- hell no! We haven't taken a dime's money on GT500's because we haven't made a decision how to market the cars. I've heard similiar stories from Chevy dealer's with Z06's- and we both know there are ethical if not legal issues with the idea of taking a deposit, then reneging on the deal. :angry: Makes me cranky, because there are some good dealers out there, but the good guys get painted with the same brush. Not blaming you, mind you- been this way forever. The good news is the good dealers always seem to hold their heads above water in their local markets. Over time, folks come to know what's what- especially in the smaller markets.

Grab that Z06- but I bet you got that confused with a C6. A Z06 invoices in the low $60's, but anyone buying one for MSRP (low $70's) has a 18 month wait in front of them. $10-$25K over MSRP has been the money on Z06's in stock- if you can find one.

re: Deposits. Not no- hell no! We haven't taken a dime's money on GT500's because we haven't made a decision how to market the cars. I've heard similiar stories from Chevy dealer's with Z06's- and we both know there are ethical if not legal issues with the idea of taking a deposit, then reneging on the deal. :angry: Makes me cranky, because there are some good dealers out there, but the good guys get painted with the same brush. Not blaming you, mind you- been this way forever. The good news is the good dealers always seem to hold their heads above water in their local markets. Over time, folks come to know what's what- especially in the smaller markets.

I didn't think you personally would do this but that is what happened to me. I'm sure there might be a few honest dealers out there but I haven't found one yet,at least not around here.

Car dealers in general have a very bad reputation ,mainly beacuse they have been caught lieing and doing unethical things like this.

Why doesn't the manufacturer police these dealers in some way? It would certainly help improve things and prevent unessary loss of good customers.

FORD MANAGEMENT WHERE ARE YOU? :shrug:

Edited by svtbird91

svtbird- pm sent

question for ford- a way to control dealers on crap like this:

if ford management catches wind of a bad dealer, I think something they could do is have regional reps simply 'suggest' they honor agreements to prevent upset ford buyers, as 'they might assist reputable dealers with allocation issues' more so than the few outright dishonest lying jerks that are giving ford blackeyes. I'm sure someone in legal could assist in convincing proper wording that might 'suggest' behavior without crossing contract lines...shouldnt need lawyers/contracts in straightening out wrongdoing that everyone agrees is bad business. Longterm some franchise restrictions MUST be implemented on over sticker gouging. If a car is so good as to be worth more, then FORD EARNED that, not the greedy dealer. Dont beat up the dealers- they have enough problems- just require certain things be understood as unacceptable behavior. Ford's name is on that sighn out front in bigger letters than the franchise name- Ford should hold their distribution arm to some kind of standard behavior, or penalize them in some way...regional has control over a lot of distribution issues, and could very likely 'influence' dealers to either behave or get a lot full of everything way down their order list...it could happen, and would get results.

I can just picture driving by a dealership with like 30 blue escorts and nothing else :)

Edited by ford4v429

Sadly, Ford and GM are only concerned about how much volume their dealers kick out the door. Point of sale issues are a complete non-issue with them, as long as sales targets are met.

edit: if they've ever massaged allocations to reward/punish a dealer, you'll never catch them admitting it.

Edited by PolarBear

if they've ever massaged allocations to reward/punish a dealer, you'll never catch them admitting it.

thats the beauty of it- they wouldnt have to- as long as dealers 'understood' they had better take care of customers first and foremost, things would have to get better. the biggest obstacle would be getting ahold of someone at ford besides the CRC line and their 'call your dealer' script reading. If say customers had someone at Ford to actually talk to and get concerns thru to someone that did care about the company, I think it would be a win/win thing- except for those dealers that tend to give all a bad reputation.

I really think if the CRC was simply replaced with some folks with enough common sense to separate the irrational from the real problems, and pass them uphill to someone able to 'delegate some pressure', I think ford could reign in most of the sales problems in a hurry.

Service issues are a bigger problem, and I really dont know how it could be made better without hurting the good dealers.

We've actually taken superior service and turned it into a viable business model. Sssshhh! You don't have to give them all away if folks understand you really will stand next to them (not behind them, as implied in this thread :P ) after the sale.

If youve got a good service department- good for you :bowdown:

around my neck of the woods, I know of one I'd trust, as my neighbor works there- I didnt even know till he stopped me one day out riding bikes with the kids, and asked how the wifes van was shifting- here he was the one that had fixed it like amonth earlier, and that was the FIRST time I'd ever been happy with a dealers service department...Montrose Ford up in Akron Ohio. If my mustang ever needs any work, I'll take it up there before any of the few others that have made bigger troubles for me in the past.