Yes, I checked today. The number of paint options and options overall have been severely decreased. The base Signature has been dropped although the price doesn't seem too much higher. Of course the TC has more than I would even want in equipement. Would have prefered the base model.

Got my promotion and can not wait unitl the dealers start getting in TCs. My dream car. Have had three new Mercurys (all terrific) and am now able to move up!

Edited by LM4EVR

Did you also notice that they dropped the Navigation System option all together? I wonder if this is permanent or just until they make Sync available?

Also, could someone please tell me why you cannot get a factory ordered sunroof on the Signature L Town Car? I just do not understand some of the utterly stupid decisions Ford has made regarding the Lincoln division. Two small, irritating issues really annoy me. I hate the fact that they don't give the Driver hand grips in the LTC when all other outboard seating positions get one. The driver is the one who would use it the most. I had two town cars and had to drive my old one following back surgery simply because it had this option and my newer one did not. I was 40 years old at the time, BTW.

The other issue is with putting those tacky looking cup holders in the top of the rear armrest. No luxury or even near luxury car should have this. It just cheapens the overall impression of the car. My God, spend a few bucks more and hide the things IN the armrest or fold down like in the new LTC-L. They are always too shallow to do much good and who wants to see a potentially sticky mess in the bottom of them when not in use?

It just irritates me to continuously see stupid decisions made on cheaper issues which can make a big impression with buyers.

I realize that the LTC is going away. I understand why. However, please Ford, quit pinching pennies in the wrong areas.

Build the MKR and do it NOW. The MKS has great content, but is pretty darn boring. The MKR styling is what is going to excite buyers. There is too much competition out there to continue with the bland stying jobs. Hopefully, you learned that with Jaguar.

Okay, I'm done.

Well, hopefully the TC won't go away, but that Ford will redstyle it back to a more stately Lincoln-look.

And it is possible to nit-pic various details. Every car has something we would like to change.

It just does not seem a sound decission to not have the Town Car availble to the general public, like the Grand Marquis, Milan, Sable, etc.. Selling more would seem to be more profitable. And as for rebates, why not say lower the price. If you offer a TC (2007) with an MSRP of 45K and give a 7K rebate, why not just lower the price to $38K? If you made the price lower, yet still profitable, and made it clear that whether you buy a TC off the lot or order it from the factory, you pay the same price. Do it just on the TC and see what happens. A thought.

I personally would like to see heated cloth seats - a nice fabric - but cloth none the less.

As for the lack of a sun-roof on the LWB model. I would assume that most L-series are perhaps by livery companies who 1) don't need it, 2) don't want it for maintenance reason, and 3) don't want to pay for it. It would never be used because livery companies run the climate system all year round.

Edited by LM4EVR

Well, hopefully the TC won't go away, but that Ford will redstyle it back to a more stately Lincoln-look.

And it is possible to nit-pic various details. Every car has something we would like to change.

It just does not seem a sound decission to not have the Town Car availble to the general public, like the Grand Marquis, Milan, Sable, etc.. Selling more would seem to be more profitable. And as for rebates, why not say lower the price. If you offer a TC (2007) with an MSRP of 45K and give a 7K rebate, why not just lower the price to $38K? If you made the price lower, yet still profitable, and made it clear that whether you buy a TC off the lot or order it from the factory, you pay the same price. Do it just on the TC and see what happens. A thought.

I personally would like to see heated cloth seats - a nice fabric - but cloth none the less.

As for the lack of a sun-roof on the LWB model. I would assume that most L-series are perhaps by livery companies who 1) don't need it, 2) don't want it for maintenance reason, and 3) don't want to pay for it. It would never be used because livery companies run the climate system all year round.

I heard there was a production volume limit now that it's sharing the plant with the CV and GM at STAP. I think they can still be special ordered if a customer wants one but really no need to keep any on the lot as far as I can tell.

... but that Ford will redstyle it back to a more stately Lincoln-look.

Good idea, but make that heated and cooled cloth seats. And ditto to the steering wheel. Probably the only 2 things Ford could have learned from buying Volvo. :rolleyes:

Edited by SysEng