2009 Ford Flex (summer 2008)

MikeSgagz

Does anyone know when it will be avaliable?

Of course everyone knows that it will be avaliable summer 2008 but is there any word of an actual month. I've seen the pricing and stuff and for such an amazing vehicle it seems VERY reasonable. But I need to know when it will be avaliable to order because our 2006 Explorer lease is ending soon and although I love the Edge, I'd rather have the Flex...

Job#1 for the Flex is early April (the 1st Monday, I believe) and since its a new car, they won't release them till they are right (same way they did the Edge). As a safe bet, figure the cars will be out on lots sometime around late May, early/mid June.

I can't wait to see, drive, etc. them at my local dealer.

Do you know if Flexes will be available to sit in at auto shows yet, or will that follow the beginning of sale?

I can't wait to see, drive, etc. them at my local dealer.

Do you know if Flexes will be available to sit in at auto shows yet, or will that follow the beginning of sale?

When i went to the autoshow in january, they had the Flex on a spinning platfourm with the doors open. It still looked really cool to finally see a Flex in person. They look so much better in person and i actually like the white roof.

When i went to the autoshow in january, they had the Flex on a spinning platfourm with the doors open. It still looked really cool to finally see a Flex in person. They look so much better in person and i actually like the white roof.

Eh, I wasn't impressed by it in person, the Philly show had a lower trim model. Then again I'm not the target audience.

Any word on ecoboost version?

Hybrid, wow...good news

Maybe they'll make it a taxi, seems like a hybrid flex would be perfect

Thanks for the info

local dealer said he has so many requests about the flex he is ordering a really nice one first to use a test driver etc... he said the interest is very high.

I'm in the same situation....I'm talking about being on the showroom floor. However, I too was very glad to see the Flex in person, I thought it looked good, and think it'll sell well. My mom doesn't like it, she thinks it looks like an xB, but she hasn't seen it in person, only in pictures.

local dealer said he has so many requests about the flex he is ordering a really nice one first to use a test driver etc... he said the interest is very high.

Well I'm glad to see/hear of a Ford product that is generating a lot of buzz. I think it should do very well.

I also think the video on the Flex website,

, should be the release/debut commercial on TV. I think it shows the vehicle pretty well....and for the commercial, they could add some text over the images, telling some of it's features, followed by a voiceover at the end saying "the 2009 Ford Flex".

I also think the "Rediscover Ford" saying on the other Flex video could possibly be a good brand slogan. What do you think? I also think this could make a good commercial, shortened obviously, and without most of the voiceover.....except for the ending "Rediscover Ford: we're back, we're doing something different" line.

Edited by rmc523

• 2 weeks later...

You've got to be kidding me, MY2010?

I wish Ford would put it in when the Flex is introduced.

It's not worth it to get the 2009 when the 2010 has the better engine, especially if your buying the thing like me.

Just out of curiosity, my lease is up in February of 2009 so is there ANY possible way I'd be able to get the Flex with the EcoBoost engine then? And if not is there anyway I could wait untill the engine is avaliable? Someone please help!

I think that the designers and engineers should "Rediscover Ford" at lease bring back some of the old familiar designs.

Well I'm glad to see/hear of a Ford product that is generating a lot of buzz. I think it should do very well.

I also think the video on the Flex website,

, should be the release/debut commercial on TV. I think it shows the vehicle pretty well....and for the commercial, they could add some text over the images, telling some of it's features, followed by a voiceover at the end saying "the 2009 Ford Flex".

I also think the "Rediscover Ford" saying on the other Flex video could possibly be a good brand slogan. What do you think? I also think this could make a good commercial, shortened obviously, and without most of the voiceover.....except for the ending "Rediscover Ford: we're back, we're doing something different" line.