KTP people, STAY HOME!!!

KTPveteran

Anyone that goes in tonight is crazy with all the snow that will be coming in after we are already there. You think they are gonna care if you get home safe? NOT!! You think the building chairman will do something about it after we are already there? NOT!! We will probably be the only business open tonight!! I personally don't think it will pay to come in tonight considering the high risk of crashing your vehicle or causeing injury to yourself for a measly $200.00. Also I heard that if 40% of the workforce don't show, then it is an act of God, and we'll get paid regardless. Win-Win people.

Someone who cares, KTPveteran

Better check your contract. I believe an Act of God is UNPAID. The only thing you could hope for is the union is able to negotiate to not have anyone carried "A". The weather has to be pretty bad though. Good Luck.

act god would get you short work week.

Anyone that goes in tonight is crazy with all the snow that will be coming in after we are already there. You think they are gonna care if you get home safe? NOT!! You think the building chairman will do something about it after we are already there? NOT!! We will probably be the only business open tonight!! I personally don't think it will pay to come in tonight considering the high risk of crashing your vehicle or causeing injury to yourself for a measly $200.00. Also I heard that if 40% of the workforce don't show, then it is an act of God, and we'll get paid regardless. Win-Win people.

Someone who cares, KTPveteran

Act of which "god"---catholic, or protestant, or mormon, or muslim, or jewish, or zeus, or..........? I've long thought this is an archaic provision in the contract. Why not call it severe or inclement weather?

At any rate, here's hoping everyone makes it safely thru the bad weather and flu season. C'mom, springtime!

Act of which "god"---catholic, or protestant, or mormon, or muslim, or jewish, or zeus, or..........? I've long thought this is an archaic provision in the contract. Why not call it severe or inclement weather?

At any rate, here's hoping everyone makes it safely thru the bad weather and flu season. C'mom, springtime!

im not goin in.im about to go down and pick up my inner tubes.big-o has some!!!!!

It's people like you who the company needs to get rid of!!!!

general:

this is ky. not michigan. the road crews here are ill prepared for the 13 inches of snow that is gonna fall between 8pm and 4 am.not to mention the temp is gonna drop to like 20,so salt and stuff wont work.up north they can deal with it,i know but it happens once every 10- 15 years round here.

I just wonder if------> we get a ticket for being on the road after the state police says not would FORD pay our fines? Would they be willing to give us compensation for being in jail for being on those roads? After all it is their decision to have us work knowing the situation with this storm.

Just heard from Belski on WAVE 3 that the total amount is either going to be pretty steep. He said this storm is very close to the one we had back in 1994. Remember they had to house the employee's there for a week. MAke your decision on the information you have.

Good luck all.

The "snow day" will also depend on how many show up at LAP tonight. There is a percentage of call in's that will grant a "snow day". Its alot mind you. Your plant alone (with others in your zone,area) does not decide it.

LAP does not run on friday's now. i talked with labor relations management a few weeks ago about this topic. there is no plan in place for anybody to analyze safety related weather issues and decide whether to run the plants or not. regardless of safety issues, we just run our plants amd hope enough are able to make it in to run. another area where ford is about 50 years behind the times.

not sure how bad the roads are going to get in the city i know some back roads will be worse. but we really dont have to have these trucks its not like we cant keep up i would feel diferently if we were running all out. so me i am staying home

LAP does not run on friday's now. i talked with labor relations management a few weeks ago about this topic. there is no plan in place for anybody to analyze safety related weather issues and decide whether to run the plants or not. regardless of safety issues, we just run our plants amd hope enough are able to make it in to run. another area where ford is about 50 years behind the times.
well said, i know for a fact that at lap , two weeks ago thurs , when we had bad ice , and people did not show up, were taken up front this week, and given awol's , plus some people who had other occurences, were given time off, i missed cause i slipped and fell on my back, and ended up in the er, and still had use personal time , just to avoid the awol, so if ktp is anything like lap, you will end up with an awol, sucks that they put unnecessary needed vehicles on a higher priority, than your well being, and they say to be your brother and sister's keeper, what a joke, i understand it is a business and that is what is all about the bottom line, so if you try to go in , just be careful

well said, i know for a fact that at lap , two weeks ago thurs , when we had bad ice , and people did not show up, were taken up front this week, and given awol's , plus some people who had other occurences, were given time off, i missed cause i slipped and fell on my back, and ended up in the er, and still had use personal time , just to avoid the awol, so if ktp is anything like lap, you will end up with an awol, sucks that they put unnecessary needed vehicles on a higher priority, than your well being, and they say to be your brother and sister's keeper, what a joke, i understand it is a business and that is what is all about the bottom line, so if you try to go in , just be careful

you guys crack me up!! alittle snow and you guys need the national guard to come in and help. do you think buffalo stamping shuts down evertime it snows in buffalo?????????????

GO TO WORK :shades: :shades: :shades: :shades: :shades: :shades: :shades:

98% OF PEOPLE DRIVING IN BAD CONDITIONS SAY "OH S$%^" WHEN THEY ARE ABOUT TO SLIDE OFF THE ROAD. THE OTHER 2% ARE PEOPLE FROM MICHIGAN, AND THEY SAY " HOLD MY BEER AND WATCH THIS SH&^".

JUST DRIVE SLOW!!!!!! :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

Edited by buster6969

you guys crack me up!! alittle snow and you guys need the national guard to come in and help. do you think buffalo stamping shuts down evertime it snows in buffalo?????????????

98% OF PEOPLE DRIVING IN BAD CONDITIONS SAY "OH S$%^" WHEN THEY ARE ABOUT TO SLIDE OFF THE ROAD. THE OTHER 2% ARE PEOPLE FROM MICHIGAN, AND THEY SAY " HOLD MY BEER AND WATCH THIS SH&^".

Just heard they are sending people home from KTP, Not enough people showed up to run???? Anyone else hear this?

all I know is from now on when its gets real bad and the state issues level warings and it is illegegal to be on the roads i will be STAYING home!!!! I have gone in the last two times when it has gotten this bad and igot screwed !!!! 100 people show up and everyone else stays home and they all get paid and I bust my ass and risk my life and my truck to get there and I get nothing. The other time 90% stayed home and all got paid and I risk everything and go in and then get sent home after 3 hours and that is all I get paid for and everyone else gets 8 hrs pay for staying home thats bull shit. We were told they would take care of us yeah right that DIDN'T happen got screwed on that!!!! So I say from now on FUCK them why risk it they could care less about us

We are smart enough not to live in Buffalo or Michigan! :happy feet:

i think you misplaced the word NOT in your post. guess where i think it should have went

We are smart enough not to live in buffalo or michigan!

We are NOT smart enough to live in buffalo or michigan!

that why you are livin down der in them hills.!!!!!

sorry i had to do it!!!! i wish i lived down there

Just heard they are sending people home from KTP, Not enough people showed up to run???? Anyone else hear this?

I heard they sent all but a few home. Kept a few to run sub assemblies in body shop. It is snowing in La Grange currently with thunder and lighting. One of the meteorologist on tv said that type of snow storm produces a heavier snow. Could get up to 15"

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical::hysterical:

We went home at 1.3 hours in Trim and built zero units.

Management said they were coding us as Act of God, so for those of us who went to work, we get paid short work week.

I'm not sure what the Act of God coding will mean for those who stayed home? Anyone know?

Edited by KWMJ-KTP

i think you misplaced the word NOT in your post. guess where i think it should have went

We are smart enough not to live in buffalo or michigan!

We are NOT smart enough to live in buffalo or michigan!

that why you are livin down der in them hills.!!!!!

sorry i had to do it!!!! i wish i lived down there

Peace, Buster. I couldn't pass it up. We need some luck, regardless or where we live.

It's people like you who the company needs to get rid of!!!!

You are a rep of some sort are you not General ?

If so you have got to F'ing kidding me with this response right ? hell even if you are not a rep of some sort anyone that does not feel safe because of weather conditions is entitled to there opinion.

Should Norfolk people have worked in times of Huricanes ? I know that some have but they sure as hell should not have Had too.

Maybe the schools should "get rid" the students that dont come to school because of weather(sarcasim) . Id rather see the company get rid of the worthless clique F'ks that do nothing all day , or maybe the Union get rid of the 4 year senority team leaders that think they are the boss before i would get rid of someone that on a few days a year does not feel safe driving to work because his area is not accustomed to sevear weather.

But thats my opinion and im sure now im the type of worker that the company should get rid of ... oh btw I come to work everyday , and actually do my job.