Ford Fiesta Pics

Furious1Auto

great car, it should be a huge seller and is a great entry into the sub-class. maybe that paint and wheels would be an option, definitely not going to be stock choices. and I wonder if the interior would be that "bold" or if it's an upgrade as depicted here.

that back seat looks horrific though. I doubt I'd be able to un-stick my knees from the back of the front seat. I'm a decent sized adult (6') but that looks crazy.

and like I always say, there's noplace like Cleveland to unveil a vehicle in NA. can't bring it here soon enough (buyers have to wait another 18 months? d'oh). and no hatchback here? typical. I still kinda like the Verve name, too... Fiesta always makes me think of Festiva. not good

Edited by bri719

great car, it should be a huge seller and is a great entry into the sub-class. maybe that paint and wheels would be an option, definitely not going to be stock choices. and I wonder if the interior would be that "bold" or if it's an upgrade as depicted here.

that back seat looks horrific though. I doubt I'd be able to un-stick my knees from the back of the front seat. I'm a decent sized adult (6') but that looks crazy.

and like I always say, there's noplace like Cleveland to unveil a vehicle in NA. can't bring it here soon enough (buyers have to wait another 18 months? d'oh). and no hatchback here? typical. I still kinda like the Verve name, too... Fiesta always makes me think of Festiva. not good

I believe we will be getting the 5-door hatchback to compliment the 4-door sedan. There's also a possiblility of the 3-door hatchback coming over as well.

Although I hate to hear you say it, that does make sense. Since they are trying to sell a car this size for the first time in a while, adding turbo & DI does push the price point up which may be risky until they know for sure that people are ready to downsize.

http://www.cleveland.com/printer/printer.s....xml&coll=2

But the pain will persist for ordinary Americans, and filling the tank will seem like - and for many will be - a trip to the poor house.

Demand for gasoline and other petroleum products is already flat, and Groppe told his audience that demand probably will fall below the levels of recent years as Americans move into more efficient cars and drive less.

In an interview, he said he would not be surprised if demand plummeted as the mortgage crisis continues to unfold, making it hard to compare the responses of people today to what happened after previous oil price spikes.

"What we are faced with now is a much greater set of adjustments," he said, "particularly for the average homeowner, adjustments that are going to dramatically change his spending choice landscape.

"It's almost immeasurable," he said. "In the short term there may be a much greater and sudden drop in consumption in the United States than anyone is anticipating. In that landscape, $3 gasoline may be too high."

I think I prefer the grille on the Euro Fiesta, if only because it's less ubiquitous than the Mondeo-esque grille here.

I am skeptical of the production version in the US which will probably see far more stripping from concept to production than we saw in Europe, they sell at a very low price-point here. While I'm sure the design will remain, I can't imgine we'll see projector lamps, LED tail lamps, chrome surrounding the fog lamps, fine interior materials, etc..

No projectors.

No LED lamps.

Chrome remains.

Interior will be the same in North America as elsewhere. The cost savings on moving to hard plastics do not outweigh the logistic complexity of having to assemble two different models in the same factory. Materials will be about the same as the current Fusion.

No projectors.

No LED lamps.

Chrome remains.

Interior will be the same in North America as elsewhere. The cost savings on moving to hard plastics do not outweigh the logistic complexity of having to assemble two different models in the same factory. Materials will be about the same as the current Fusion.

I figured that would happen.

Good to hear about the interior materials.

Will the projectors/LEDs be available in higher-end trim levels?