lima engine plant

dedot

i was going to post about having not heard from lepskilled trades, atalldaisy, or the truth from lima. rumor was you all got shut down. but i noticed that lepskilledtrades is back.just wondering whats going on. still doing imt's or have you changed to the mwt or iwt whatever it is called now. and have you got a local contract yet? just a retiree wondering whats going on.

i was going to post about having not heard from lepskilled trades, atalldaisy, or the truth from lima. rumor was you all got shut down. but i noticed that lepskilledtrades is back.just wondering whats going on. still doing imt's or have you changed to the mwt or iwt whatever it is called now. and have you got a local contract yet? just a retiree wondering whats going on.

No we didn't get shut down. We get to look at local contract Monday. IMT program got voted down last time around so we are sure we will get offered some version of it this time again.

No we didn't get shut down. We get to look at local contract Monday. IMT program got voted down last time around so we are sure we will get offered some version of it this time again.

You were right . Just another IMT program in the making. What is it with this local that they keep wanting to push trades into running machines?Don't they realize the impact that will have on the rest of the plants. I read one thread that said "it is just de-skilling the trades" and I can see what they mean now. For some reason our local keeps bringing up this "appendix J" language. I'm sure the international didn't mean the trades should do production jobs when they wrote it. I read appendix J the other day and I couldn't find anything in there that suggested that. The only part I saw was a paragraph that stated we "may" create skilled trades/ production teams that should work together and solve problem that they can solve within their classification or something like that. What does that have to do with putting a trade in a production job?

You were right . Just another IMT program in the making. What is it with this local that they keep wanting to push trades into running machines?Don't they realize the impact that will have on the rest of the plants. I read one thread that said "it is just de-skilling the trades" and I can see what they mean now. For some reason our local keeps bringing up this "appendix J" language. I'm sure the international didn't mean the trades should do production jobs when they wrote it. I read appendix J the other day and I couldn't find anything in there that suggested that. The only part I saw was a paragraph that stated we "may" create skilled trades/ production teams that should work together and solve problem that they can solve within their classification or something like that. What does that have to do with putting a trade in a production job?

It means creating a TEAM with production and skilled together to work towards a common goal. Rather than having skilled trades a stand alone unit not involved in the day to day problems of a department. It means actually having trades give some input into making all of our jobs easier. Helping everyone do their jobs easier. Making equipment run the way it is supposed to reliably. Rather than having trades sit at a table doing crossword puzzles waiting for a ticket to arrive, they may be in the department talking to the operators discussing equipment problems, and trying to figure out how to solve the problems.. What is so wrong with that? We all get paid by the hour right? So why not use the minds of the people getting paid to add something to our productivity? You either want to be part of it or you don't. If you don't try to find somewhere else to sit around doing nothing most of the day for $35.00 + an hour.

It means creating a TEAM with production and skilled together to work towards a common goal. Rather than having skilled trades a stand alone unit not involved in the day to day problems of a department. It means actually having trades give some input into making all of our jobs easier. Helping everyone do their jobs easier. Making equipment run the way it is supposed to reliably. Rather than having trades sit at a table doing crossword puzzles waiting for a ticket to arrive, they may be in the department talking to the operators discussing equipment problems, and trying to figure out how to solve the problems.. What is so wrong with that? We all get paid by the hour right? So why not use the minds of the people getting paid to add something to our productivity? You either want to be part of it or you don't. If you don't try to find somewhere else to sit around doing nothing most of the day for $35.00 + an hour.

Bingo!! finally someone understands appendix J!!!!!! You are exactly right and if our local would see it that way there would be no problem!!! But that's not what they want us to do.

Bingo!! finally someone understands appendix J!!!!!! You are exactly right and if our local would see it that way there would be no problem!!! But that's not what they want us to do.

Other than filling in for a vacation or medical if needed in certain circumstances, that is exactly what it says. So what is it that you want it to say??

Other than filling in for a vacation or medical if needed in certain circumstances, that is exactly what it says. So what is it that you want it to say??

We wouldn't mind if Appendix J was used for how you described it but they not only want trades to fill in for vac/med they want us to fill in for production for any reason training, breaks, lunches, stock handling and anything else they can think of. Not once in your definition of appendix J did you mention trades working in place of a production worker. That is what we have a problem with

Edited by lepskilledtrades

We wouldn't mind if Appendix J was used for how you described it but they not only want trades to fill in for vac/med they want us to fill in for production for any reason training, breaks, lunches, stock handling and anything else they can think of. Not once in your definition of appendix J did you mention trades working in place of a production worker. That is what we have a problem with
:reading: You poor soul. Imagine, why the absolute gull of Ford Motor Co. They want you to work for your $35 per hour. The nerve of them. You're so skilled and so important that you can get a job anywhere on the planet making that type of money with those bennys. I would go as far to say you are in a class with Derek Jeter , Tiger Woods, and Lebron James. If I were you, I would most certainly take the buyout $$$, and start a new company of your own. See how far you go running it the way you are asking Ford to. Tell your new hires that they only have to work a few minutes a day, but you will pay them a full 8 hours pay. I'm sure you'd be on the fortune 500 list in no time. I understand the whole, "I went to school for all this training ." mentallity. There are a whole bunch of production people with college degrees as well. Can you imagine if they acted like you everytime they were asked to do something? If you think you are being treated so unfairly then leave. Ford has a whole bunch of skilled trades in other places just waiting for your job. I don't know who said this quote but it's appropriate.

"I used to complain about having no shoes, untill I saw a man with no feet."

:reading: You poor soul. Imagine, why the absolute gull of Ford Motor Co. They want you to work for your $35 per hour. The nerve of them. You're so skilled and so important that you can get a job anywhere on the planet making that type of money with those bennys. I would go as far to say you are in a class with Derek Jeter , Tiger Woods, and Lebron James. If I were you, I would most certainly take the buyout $$$, and start a new company of your own. See how far you go running it the way you are asking Ford to. Tell your new hires that they only have to work a few minutes a day, but you will pay them a full 8 hours pay. I'm sure you'd be on the fortune 500 list in no time. I understand the whole, "I went to school for all this training ." mentallity. There are a whole bunch of production people with college degrees as well. Can you imagine if they acted like you everytime they were asked to do something? If you think you are being treated so unfairly then leave. Ford has a whole bunch of skilled trades in other places just waiting for your job. I don't know who said this quote but it's appropriate.

So I guess you agree with trades doing production jobs huh? Someday a trade might take your job or a job you want and then see who is a poor soul then!!

So I guess you agree with trades doing production jobs huh? Someday a trade might take your job or a job you want and then see who is a poor soul then!!

Potato, potahto. You are no more special than the next person. You could give 2 squids about my job. Your only concern is having to put in an honest days work. The days of getting paid for sitting at a break table and drinking coffee are gone. If your extremely lucky, you'll get to run a machine all day and get paid a good wage and bennys. You see your missing the whole point. If you think you can do better elsewhere then go. Let some other skilled person run your machine. I'm sure if they were shutting your plant down your attitude and priorities would change. You are a spoiled brat with a scense of entitlement. Oh wait a second, I forgot, your special.

Potato, potahto. You are no more special than the next person. You could give 2 squids about my job. Your only concern is having to put in an honest days work. The days of getting paid for sitting at a break table and drinking coffee are gone. If your extremely lucky, you'll get to run a machine all day and get paid a good wage and bennys. You see your missing the whole point. If you think you can do better elsewhere then go. Let some other skilled person run your machine. I'm sure if they were shutting your plant down your attitude and priorities would change. You are a spoiled brat with a scense of entitlement. Oh wait a second, I forgot, your special.

Sounds like this member "bleu" someone to get his job. He is the one missing the point! WE DON"T WANT SKILLED TRADES DOING OUR JOBS! I see by his posts that all he does is get on people for speaking out. Isn't this person tired of bending over all the time or does he really secretly like it? Come on Bleu come out of your closet!

Sounds like this member "bleu" someone to get his job. He is the one missing the point! WE DON"T WANT SKILLED TRADES DOING OUR JOBS! I see by his posts that all he does is get on people for speaking out. Isn't this person tired of bending over all the time or does he really secretly like it? Come on Bleu come out of your closet!

YES YES YES YES YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like bleu got the shi@###$ put on him.

know what? lep! you are not that good of an electrician, you dont have any seniority to speak of, why don't you hush up and hope that this passes so that you have a job when its over? You make 32.50 an hour! do you have another job lined up closer to home in let's say Celina making that kind of money? I wish that we could be like your ex-wife and just cash your ass in when we get tired of your shit! SHUT THE FUCK UP DILDO!!!!!

know what? lep! you are not that good of an electrician, you dont have any seniority to speak of, why don't you hush up and hope that this passes so that you have a job when its over? You make 32.50 an hour! do you have another job lined up closer to home in let's say Celina making that kind of money? I wish that we could be like your ex-wife and just cash your ass in when we get tired of your shit! SHUT THE FUCK UP DILDO!!!!!

For your info there is more than one lepskilledtrades using this name but why would you want to personally attack someone?

Are you that much better? But in the defense of the person you think you are writing about how would you know a good electrician if you saw one. Got any electrical degrees floating around that house of yours? And as far as seniority ? how much does it take to go back in production? And for some to use the words hush up and fu$%% in one paragragh? enough said! And by the way I'm not an electrician so guess who?

Sounds like it's been toooo long since atalldaisy has had her dildo in a while. Don't be all hatefull.

:reading: You poor soul. Imagine, why the absolute gull of Ford Motor Co.

Um, unless you are talking about a sea bird, it's either "gall" or "guile", depending on the idea you are trying to put forth. But of course, anyone with any "sense" (not SCENCE) would know how to use a dictionary.

At any rate, I worked on the production line, as many other tradesmen have, long before I became tradesmen. So while I could most definitely do your job, you probably would not be able to do mine, especially if your posts are any indication. So save the mudslinging for when you actually have the skill, knowledge or intelligence to do my job.

The issue isn't whether or not a tradesman can "do" your job, it's whether it "IS" their job. I would think the last thing a production worker would want is trades doing their work. Especially since we're on a different seniority list. If it came down to laying offs, who do you think the company would lay off? A tradesman that worked on the line and can fix their own equipment, or just a regular production worker?

Think about it.

Um, unless you are talking about a sea bird, it's either "gall" or "guile", depending on the idea you are trying to put forth. But of course, anyone with any "sense" (not SCENCE) would know how to use a dictionary.

At any rate, I worked on the production line, as many other tradesmen have, long before I became tradesmen. So while I could most definitely do your job, you probably would not be able to do mine, especially if your posts are any indication. So save the mudslinging for when you actually have the skill, knowledge or intelligence to do my job.

The issue isn't whether or not a tradesman can "do" your job, it's whether it "IS" their job. I would think the last thing a production worker would want is trades doing their work. Especially since we're on a different seniority list. If it came down to laying offs, who do you think the company would lay off? A tradesman that worked on the line and can fix their own equipment, or just a regular production worker?

Think about it.

Bravo!

You are a real 'NUB'!! You've got all the answers right? Smart mouth and lots of opinions. I'm laughing at you pal. I'll take your job. I'll even put down my cross-word to do it. I can probably do them both at the same time though. I can't imagine that you can't with all your college education. Trades have many college educated also. Big deal! Production has educated people but you are still a 'NUB' working for someone else. This entire plant, every single process is maintained by Skilled Tradesmen and Tradeswomen. You could't take a crap or see what you are doing without the work of the trades. You don't see what we do because it is just expected as routine that the lights work or the toilets flush, the line runs, the oil is where you need it. etc. etc. The cross-words get done while you are sitting on the john reading the paper. Open your eyes smart -'a'. Everything you see in this plant is a result of skilled trades doing their job. We don't even need a team leader to tell us how to do it. AND I CAN DO YOUR JOB!!! Jealous Much?

Think about it.

:bowdown:

Think about it.

Who says our northern neighbors can't play baseball? Sparky just hit a grand slam!

sorry, i did not mean that the plant got shut down. i heard that you all were discouraged by the union to stop posting on this sight.

Hey dedot how's it going? No, we didn't get shut down! The day that the union discourages me to stop posting is the day that I tell them to stop

reading them! We'll be ok, at least we have a contract now! We will make the best of it like we always do. They can only dictate what we let them, You know that. Speaking of dictating, how are you getting along with Allen and Spallinger? You didn't think that I knew who you were did you? Word travels fast. Sounds like you are getting some more help comming your way. The good old days are gone and we have to make the best of it! Good hearing from you!

as you can tell there was not a lot imagination going on in my head when i made up my site name. everything is going well with ray and i, it is a whole new world. i have no idea who you may be but keep up the good work, and hang in there. i cannot imagine what the work atmosphere is like in there now but i know you all will keep doing a great job. best wishes, dedot.