Ford Moves Ahead with Plans to Build the MKT

How about a 6/7 person vehicle with adequate space behind the third row? :shades:

Expedition El, 12 passenger clubwagon...dunno what other manufacturers have it covered like those two....even the true mini-vanns are lacking behind the 3rd row....

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Expedition El, 12 passenger clubwagon...dunno what other manufacturers have it covered like those two....even the true mini-vanns are lacking behind the 3rd row....

Chrysler T&C has about 33 cubic feet behind the third row. A standard Expedition only gives you about 19, an EL about 42, while giving you 30% less fuel economy.

Good choice. :rolleyes:

Chrysler T&C has about 33 cubic feet behind the third row. A standard Expedition only gives you about 19, an EL about 42, while giving you 30% less fuel economy.

Good choice. :rolleyes:

just saying NOT a lot of alternatives for YOUR needs is there? holy crap you are confrontational......wheres that ignore :hysterical: If youre happy with a mini van then so be it, YOU and only YOU are the pulse of the market remember?

If youre happy with a mini van then so be it

I'm not happy with the minivan, but it is a better alternative for families than anything Ford currently offers. Unless Ford has something on the horizon that I don't know about, they have basically abandoned the average Joe.

Ignore function is in your control panel. Then click "Manage Ignored Users.

I'm not happy with the minivan, but it is a better alternative for families than anything Ford currently offers. Unless Ford has something on the horizon that I don't know about, they have basically abandoned the average Joe.

Ignore function is in your control panel. Then click "Manage Ignored Users.

check total sales numbers on the DECLINING mini-van market and consequent lackluster sales figures...perhaps the Average Joe too is going the way of the Dodo....me ignore ?...NEVER...love dealing with people that can never be appeased........and obviously your Jeep, Explorer and Focus fit your needs better than this new Lincoln due to its lack of cargo space behind its third seat???????

Edited by Deanh

Chrysler T&C has about 33 cubic feet behind the third row.

That's great! Really, it is, really great! Only problem is, it looks like a T&C. What a sad looking box; I can hardly wait for last year's model. Somebody has to buy 'em, at least they can crow about the 33 cubic feet behind the third row of their aesthetic triumph. :)

That's great! Really, it is, really great! Only problem is, it looks like a T&C. What a sad looking box; I can hardly wait for last year's model. Somebody has to buy 'em, at least they can crow about the 33 cubic feet behind the third row of their aesthetic triumph. :)

shhh...theres a waiting list........

obviously your Jeep, Explorer and Focus fit your needs better than this new Lincoln due to its lack of cargo space behind its third seat???????

No, they don't. The Jeep lease is almost up and we are looking for the new "family vehicle". Explorer is getting too small. And, I would never waste money on a re-badged Ford, sorry, I mean Lincoln.

No, they don't. The Jeep lease is almost up and we are looking for the new "family vehicle". Explorer is getting too small. And, I would never waste money on a re-badged Ford, sorry, I mean Lincoln.

then my advice...LOOk GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD in the Town and Country and not a asthetically better looking/ performing/ driving and dare I say, selling Lincoln .......teasing aside, I see your point, but your specific needs are basically forcing your decision, BUT 99% of 7 passengers vehicles usage is to and from, NOT cross country loaded to the hilt....and thus I think it is wise Lincoln is doing what it is doing...looking after their own bank account rather than a minutely small and fading market.....

I agree. They're practically identical, and you can barely tell them apart unless you looked at the badge.

07ny_ford_flex.jpg

0006lincolnmkt.jpg

Hmm...you have a stretched Scion xB with the same cargo capacity as an Explorer on top...

And some extremely ugly thing on the bottom.

Yep, both look like turds to me.

It's about the only way you're going to get 33 cu. ft. behind the 3rd row. Thing is, anything with the interior volume of a minivan will be a minivan, so you're stuck with the minivan.

minivan minivan minivan

minnnnniiiiiiiiivaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnn

Too many letters for a minivan. Should be" minivan. "

It's not bad looking...until you get to the front ;) Man, that thing has a nose almost as ugly as the Explorer concept.

Let's hope they do something with that snoz.

Aside from that, the interior is interesting.

It would help if they put a hood ornament on it!

Otherwise... Since I'm not a fan of crossovers of any type. This one would be worth buying only if I had the money.

I saw a prototype 2009 F-150 on Hines Drive in Metro Detroit the other day. Something tells me we in Detroit will see the new Fusion running on Hines Drive long before Ford publicly shows it at L.A. Auto Show this November.

That's if the road is dryed out by then thanks to all the rain, snowmelt, icemelt and flooding! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

It's about the only way you're going to get 33 cu. ft. behind the 3rd row. Thing is, anything with the interior volume of a minivan will be a minivan, so you're stuck with the minivan.

minivan minivan minivan

minnnnniiiiiiiiivaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnn

my logic , instead of the dreaded Mini van syndrome...would be to get something more along the lines of what I liked and actually utilize the rack with a Thule storage attachment....but that may quell the bitching because it makes sense...can't have that....MUST argue.....

Edited by Deanh