Ford Warranty!!!

signwizz

My mother inlaw purchased a 2005 new freestar in march 1 month after owning it she blew a tire,the valve blew out of it,and she called caa and the spare was flat too.Ford would not cover it but the dealer did,oct 20 we met her in florida and while we were there we blew 2 more different tires valve blew out of those also and the spare needed a new valve kept going flat ,took the reciepts to our dealer when we got home and they said "Claim it on your insurance" ford won't cover it.

HELLO 3 tires in 6 months all the same thing I work at the freestar plant in oakville took it to management and nothing,all dead ends.I would like someone to own up to this if you read these,then ford wonders why people drive toyota,kia,or other imports WARRANTY 10 yrs 100,000km

Feel FREESTAR to contact me!

I had a tire warranty from Goodyear that was included with the purchase of my 2003 Mustang and 2003 Mustang Cobra. It was a separate from the 3Y/36K warranty that came with the car. Check your paperwork. Hopefully, you may at least 1 year of coverage from the tire manufacturer

Edited by fllcobra

You should have some kind of waranttee coverage with your tires. It is only for a year and certain things. Which I would figure your situation falls under. Richard is right, it would fall under the manufacturer. So, check your paperwork cuz you should be able to get those tires replaced or refunded if you spent anything for the new ones.

This would probably not be covered under their warranties either, but under the tire warranty as was previously stated.

Why would this be covered under the tire warranty? If I understood the orginal post, the valve stems blew out. That is not really a tire defect. Doesn't Ford install the valve stems in the wheels?

Why would this be covered under the tire warranty? If I understood the orginal post, the valve stems blew out. That is not really a tire defect. Doesn't Ford install the valve stems in the wheels?

That's a good question. I have absolutely know idea how tires arrive at assembly plants. I would assume that they arrive on the wheels. So, it could be that the tires are fitted to the wheels by outside suppliers..

However, it seems most likely that the proper recourse remains the tire company (who, after all, is the one who warrants that the tires and valve stems are free from defect). The tire company would then be the company to either eat the cost or subrogate.

That's a good question. I have absolutely know idea how tires arrive at assembly plants. I would assume that they arrive on the wheels. So, it could be that the tires are fitted to the wheels by outside suppliers..

However, it seems most likely that the proper recourse remains the tire company (who, after all, is the one who warrants that the tires and valve stems are free from defect). The tire company would then be the company to either eat the cost or subrogate.

The tires and rims and stems are assembled at the plant.

PM me your VIN and I'll look into this.

Also, it doesn't take much to ruin valve stems either. Hitting a curb at precisely the right angle or running over debris on the road where it's located on the wheel itself can flatten a tire anytime. Think about that one also! It's happened to me a couple of times while trying to dodge debris that falls out of these hillbilly work vehicles on the freeways around here.

Also, it doesn't take much to ruin valve stems either. Hitting a curb at precisely the right angle or running over debris on the road where it's located on the wheel itself can flatten a tire anytime. Think about that one also! It's happened to me a couple of times while trying to dodge debris that falls out of these hillbilly work vehicles on the freeways around here.

It would be strange for that many valve stems to blow out on one vehicle.

It would seem strange that the spare was flat as well.

Almost too coincidental. That number of tire problems I could see scattered over a few dozen vehicles, if say there was a problem with incoming stock, but all on one vehicle is "suspicious".

An OASIS report would shed some light as to why it was denied, hence I need the VIN.

That would be the first step into getting any type of resolution, is to find out the grounds for denying the claim. With all the previous flap with Firestone/Explorer tires, I find it hard to believe that any dealership AND the plant be dismissive about the issue without just case.

But we shall see.

Edited by OAC_Sparky