Jump to content

The Ford Order Tracking System Is No Longer Available.  THANKS Cyberdman For Making Available All Of These Past Years.  More Here.

CurtisH

Member
  • Content Count

    765
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About CurtisH

  • Rank
    Member

Recent Profile Visitors

2,164 profile views
  1. I saw a report indicating that natural gas was the largest contributor to decreased GHG in the United States. Sorry, but I don’t remember where I saw it. However, the charts shown earlier appear to support that point.
  2. From articles I’ve read, I believe it would be viable for commercial use. I believe you are correct regarding the cost, so that may kill any realistic potential for commercial use.
  3. We’ve had the Edge 12 years now. I prefer to trade it before it starts to “nickel and dime” us. Had the right rear wheel bearing replaced a few years ago. That is the only non-scheduled repair I’ve had to make. It’s been a really good vehicle.
  4. If I can ever convince my wife to go car shopping, I think she would like the Corsair. Size wise, our 2011 Edge falls between the current Corsair and Edge/Nautilus. We would lose a little bit of cargo space, but there is rarely more than the two of us in the car. Would still have plenty of storage space when traveling.
  5. From the article linked above: It uses a new Bore to Stroke ratio So, the bore and stroke changed.
  6. My brother has an Outerbanks model. I like the look of the body colored fender flares.
  7. I hate to admit it, but that is the first thing I thought of. Lol
  8. From the article: Repairs are not available yet, but after owners are notified and take their vehicles into dealers, the vehicle's engine software will be updated to detect for fuel injector leaks. The dealer will also install a tube that drains fuel from the cylinder head and away from hot surfaces. Ford said if a pressure drop in the fuel rail is detected, engine power will be automatically reduced to minimize risk. Since repairs are not available yet, I thought they were describing a temporary fix. Perhaps I misunderstood. If that is the permanent fix, then I agree that this is a stupid fix.
  9. I’m not sure I understand why this is a stupid fix. It seems like Ford doesn’t have replacement injectors, so they are implementing a temporary fix until they get the replacement parts. What am I missing?
  10. That is an important point. For my wife and me, we aren’t willing to accept that challenge. So, our next vehicle will not be an EV.
  11. Most of my career has been in business-oriented software development (not banking). I usually have a 95% rule. That is, make sure the code can handle 95% of the possible scenarios. The remaining 5% may never occur. Just make sure that the error-handling routines gracefully handle that 5% if they actually occur. Even with this approach, it takes extensive testing. For level 5 autonomous driving, this approach would never work. I can’t imagine how difficult it will be to solve this puzzle. I’m still not sure it will be solved in my lifetime.
  12. My 05 Mustang GT had the two piece plugs. Two of them broke when they were replaced. This was the 3 valve 4.6.
  13. Looks great. My brother ordered his Bronco the last week of December. He just got a VIN with a build date of the week of August 15th.
  14. We can agree to disagree. If I agreed with you, I probably wouldn’t have bought the 2018 model that I currently drive. 😄
  15. What don’t you like about the headlights? The look or the performance?
×