buyouts

needin8

There will not be anymore company wide buyouts, now only plants they have layoffs will be offered. If you didn’t sing up before you out of luck..

I wonder why Ford just doesn't offer a buyout window for 6 months, at any time you feel you want to take a buyout in that 6 month period, you go to HR, fill out your papework, and leave in 2 weeks. I think they would get thier numbers with no problem. I think they don't do that because they know that they would get more than thier numbers and that would really hurt them.

I wonder why Ford just doesn't offer a buyout window for 6 months, at any time you feel you want to take a buyout in that 6 month period, you go to HR, fill out your papework, and leave in 2 weeks. I think they would get thier numbers with no problem. I think they don't do that because they know that they would get more than thier numbers and that would really hurt them.
I've often thought the same thing, I do know of people who went up to HR after the buyout window was over and HR still let them sign up.

We need people out now. A buyout "buys out" a person who was going to retire sometime in the future, say this year, or maybe next they would have retired. If you were to offer them continuously no one would go because they can stay longer knowing it will be there. It would not entice future buyouts and pull them ahead, it would only pay extra to those going out the door anyway, which is what we don't want to do.

Hey, could someone remind me how much was/is the federal tax withholding on the $100,000 buyout check? I did the M99 W-4 and just filed my taxes and wondering if I saved anything. In the interim I earned about $3,000 in interest. Thanks.