PENSKE EXECS TAKING GT 500 ALLOCATIONS FOR THEMSELVES

hayburner

I contacted Landers Ford in Little Rock last July and was told I was the first on the waiting list, had it in writing. Called them on March 13th to order and they told me they were allocated two Shelbys , but they were taken by PENSKE EXECS!!!!!

No wonder consumers are abandoning Ford.....THEY HAVE ABANDONED US. The dealer told me tough luck...nothing they will do to help me.

FORD....FIX YOUR DISTRIBUTION !!! There will be a TON of people dissatisfied with how this is gonna go.

I contacted Landers Ford in Little Rock last July and was told I was the first on the waiting list, had it in writing. Called them on March 13th to order and they told me they were allocated two Shelbys , but they were taken by PENSKE EXECS!!!!!

No wonder consumers are abandoning Ford.....THEY HAVE ABANDONED US. The dealer told me tough luck...nothing they will do to help me.

FORD....FIX YOUR DISTRIBUTION !!! There will be a TON of people dissatisfied with how this is gonna go.

read about another guy who put 1k down a year in advance, and they said sorry and gave his money back, as HAD to sell for more- not enough that its plain wrong, but this kinda stuff ought to be illegal. The days of the handshake/honesty are gone. I wish ford would simply delay(severely) allocations of anything in demand to the kind of dealer that would renig on a deal purely out of greed- if they made a promise, they should have to stand behind it, and if they get caught giving their parent company a blackeye, they deserve a lot worse than a pocketfull of cash. If ford cant reign in these bad dealers, they might as well throw in the towel.

Ah, I guess those mythical Penske execs are not "customers" then? I'm assuming they are going to pay the dealership for the vehicles, or is Lander's Ford now in the habit of donating vehicles to folks that work at Penske?

And in any case, it is quite literally out of Ford Motor Company's control. Ford sells the vehicles to the dealership, an independent business entity. The dealership is free to sell the vehicles in any way and for any price they want, pursuant to the state and local laws that govern their business. If they decided to sell each GT500 for $1, they are well within their rights as long as they are willing to eat $35-40K on each one. Conversely, they can sell them for $100K if they can find someone to buy at that price.

Maybe you should wipe the spittle off your screen and get a clue how free enterprise works before you go off on one of these irrational rants. :rolleyes:

Guest Sixcav

Ahh free enterprise. Some rich asshole with a lot of money can screw the rest of you out of your chance to get the car you really want because some other rich assholes over at Ford won't make enough GT500's to meet the demand thereby artificially driving up the price and the real kicker is some third asshole will get on here and tell us we should just get over it. So basically the lesson here is, in free enterprise, the bigger an asshole you are, the better off you'll be. lol Don't get wrong, I'm a big fan of free enterprise. I just don't like assholes.

Ahh free enterprise. Some rich asshole with a lot of money can screw the rest of you out of your chance to get the car you really want because some other rich assholes over at Ford won't make enough GT500's to meet the demand thereby artificially driving up the price and the real kicker is some third asshole will get on here and tell us we should just get over it. So basically the lesson here is, in free enterprise, the bigger an asshole you are, the better off you'll be. lol Don't get wrong, I'm a big fan of free enterprise. I just don't like assholes.

Maybe you should've paid attention when you were working on that GED, then you could be the "rich asshole" instead of crying about how the poor little guy gets screwed by the big bad conspiracy. Of course, if you keep on with your current drivel, it continues to provide a nice humor break for me on occasion.

As for "price gouging", how can you "gouge" someone in a market economy? Item X is only worth what someone will pay for it; if someone is willing to pay $100K for GT500, how exactly is he getting "gouged"? Or is there some mystical Arbiter of Values somewhere that determines what something is worth? "Value" is an inherently subjective attribute that means different things to different people. If Mr. 100K GT was willing to pay up to $150K, he probably thinks he got a pretty good value, no matter what anyone else may thing.

Guest Sixcav

I personally couldn't care who gets screwed by what Double Dispshit. I don't want a GT500, they aren't that impressive to me, just a jazzed up Mustang GT. I was just pointing out that you're an asshole. For future reference, if you want a humor break, look down the next time you're taking a piss.

I personally couldn't care who gets screwed by what Double Dispshit. I don't want a GT500, they aren't that impressive to me, just a jazzed up Mustang GT. I was just pointing out that you're an asshole. For future reference, if you want a humor break, look down the next time you're taking a piss.

I agree with you man. Let the rich assholes get screwed. Ford dealers must think there are a lot of baby boomers and older with money to burn today????? I loved seeing brand new '05GT sitting on the lots of dealers who were gouging, yes gouging, that is what it is called people, get a clue. I have never paid more than the sticker price for a car, and will not start now. I like the car, but do agree it should not be priced so high. It is starting to get in the corvette range, and it is no corvette. The interior is too cheap for that. Corvettes do not have to supercharge an engine to make power either. I am willing to wait and either get a regular mustang gt or see how the shelby market is next year. I surely will not pay over $40,000 for a GT500 though.

As a former Ford dealer I think it is a shame that Ford is losing market share year after year and when they get a product right, like the GT500, they don't ramp up production. Look, they are not a first year manufacturer, they should be able to meet demand, they have factories and workers that can produce the product, just do it! Toyota is planning on building more Camaries in Indiana, why can't Ford?

Do your parents know you're using their AOL account?

I think DoubleDipshit needs to study up on franchise law. Ford can crack down on dealerships that do not operate within its terms. These "independant" dealerships are not as independant as you think. They cannot just go off and do what ever it wants under a free enterprise marketplace so long as it has a Ford trademark in its name.

If it was truly a free enterprise system as you claim, Ford Motor Company would sell directly to the customer. In fact, Ford tried to do just that in several markets until the Federal Trade Commission shut it down for breach of contract with the dealerships that sued to stop direct selling to customers.

Ford can exercise price controls if it wanted to but chooses not to get involved.

What I don't understand is why Ford continues the practice of limiting production to paltry numbers when the car is new and hot. It looks pretty bad when Ford can produce over 900,000 F-150's every year, but cannot build enough Shelby's for its most loyal customers.

:lol2::lol2: That is the best come back you could come up with? Go back to the kids table you little bitch ass. :P :P

Actually, that's all you rate; I save the better material for folks that can understand words with more than 2 syllables. Now go wipe that drool off the keyboard before your Mommy walks in the trailer door.

Guest Sixcav

You're right Stewie. They pulled the same crap with the redesigned Thunderbird and look where that got them. They pissed off so many customers with the limited production crap that after a couple years they were practially giving the things away. All this garbage about free market shit is just a cover for the real issue. They need to do the right thing, period. We all know Ford is quite capable of producing plenty enough GT500's to meet the demand. It's not like they are building the car from scratch. They take an existing Mustang chassis, swap out the drivetrain and tweak the suspension a little. It's not that tough for them. It's purely a matter of greed. Lets not sugar the shit with excuses about who's willing to pay what. This is why I'm not all that impressed with the GT500 to begin with. There's nothing about a GT500 that anybody with a regular GT couldn't do with their own car performance wise. All you are doing is giving Ford literally tens of thousands extra for a label on the fender. Sooner or later people will realize this, the car will loose all it's appeal and dumbasses like double dipshit will still be defending the failed practices of greedy ass Ford. lol

You're right Stewie. They pulled the same crap with the redesigned Thunderbird and look where that got them. They pissed off so many customers with the limited production crap that after a couple years they were practially giving the things away. All this garbage about free market shit is just a cover for the real issue. They need to do the right thing, period. We all know Ford is quite capable of producing plenty enough GT500's to meet the demand. It's not like they are building the car from scratch. They take an existing Mustang chassis, swap out the drivetrain and tweak the suspension a little. It's not that tough for them. It's purely a matter of greed. Lets not sugar the shit with excuses about who's willing to pay what. This is why I'm not all that impressed with the GT500 to begin with. There's nothing about a GT500 that anybody with a regular GT couldn't do with their own car performance wise. All you are doing is giving Ford literally tens of thousands extra for a label on the fender. Sooner or later people will realize this, the car will loose all it's appeal and dumbasses like double dipshit will still be defending the failed practices of greedy ass Ford. lol

OK, genius, it's obvious that you had to quit school early in the 6th grade (apparently before they got to the lesson that spelled out the narrow difference between "lose" and "loose") to start your fine career at the bowling alley, so I'll try to put this very simply.

You say that "greed" is what is driving Ford - and by Ford I'm assuming your talking about the great big corporation headquartered in Dearborn, MI - to limit production of the GT500. Let's just examine that premise, shall we?

Assume, for a moment, that it costs Ford $25,000 to build a GT500, and they sell it to The Dealer (pay attention now, this is an important point!) for $30,000, netting Ford a profit of $5,000. Now, let's say that The Dealer then finds some greasy Penske exec walking down the street, muttering to himself as he counts his millions, and he's willing to pay $100,000 for one of the very few shiny new GT500's in town, since so few are being made. Our friend, The Dealer, decides he would rather sell to the Penske exec rather than Joe Jobs Bank, the hardworking UAW pipefitter who's been collecting $80K a year while using his slot on the Jobs Bank to refinish his basement for the past two years. Old Joe can only pay the MSRP of $39,995 for the GT500. So, selling to the Penske exec makes The Dealer an astounding profit of $70,000, not a bad day's work. What is Ford's cut of that $70K? N O T H I N G. Zero. Zilch. Nada. They are completely out of the loop on that transaction. Ford's decision to limit production gets them *tada* nothing. (that sound you're hearing is the air being let out of your balloon).

Now suppose Ford decides to build 500,000 GT500's. Every dealer gets a couple hundred of them, and they snap them up at the same $30K price. But, the buying public is fickle, and since everyone has a GT500, no one is paying a premium; in fact, MSRP is the going sales price. How much profit is Ford making on GT500's being sold at MSRP?

(folks, don't be alarmed, that burning smell is just a side effect of the extrodinary effort Sixcav is putting into thinking about the math here)

Did you say $5K each? You did! Good for you, $5K is exactly right. Since Ford is not a part of a consumer-dealer transaction, the street selling price does not impact Ford in the slightest.

Feel free to re-read this as many times as necessary to grasp the general concept.

Guest Sixcav

I almost read your silly little post double dipshit. But you're just an asshole and not worth the time. I did get far enough to find where you took it upon yourself to be an english teacher and correct my spelling. To which I can only add the following from your own words of pure genius. lol

If Mr. 100K GT was willing to pay up to $150K, he probably thinks he got a pretty good value, no matter what anyone else may thing.

Now evidently "thing" and "think" are interchangeable. At least my spelling error was a lot closer to what it was supposed to be than your own. Not to mention you shouldn't have placed a comma after 150K, there's no need for one there. But then again this is a general chat forum not english 101. Why don't you just go hang out with all the other assholes like yourself that sit around an pat each other on the back ever so convinced of how fucking smart you "think" you are. In case you hadn't noticed I'm not the only one posting in this thread that "thinks" you're just another self impressed dumb fuck kid who needs to get the fuck over himself. For instance.

I think DoubleDipshit needs to study up on franchise law. Ford can crack down on dealerships that do not operate within its terms. These "independant" dealerships are not as independant as you think. They cannot just go off and do what ever it wants under a free enterprise marketplace so long as it has a Ford trademark in its name.

and

As a former Ford dealer I think it is a shame that Ford is losing market share year after year and when they get a product right, like the GT500, they don't ramp up production.

Gee Dipshit, seems like you're in the minority here. Let me guess, all these other people are wrong and you are right? That's it isn't it? Get the fuck over yourself and quit speaking, the grown ups are talking now and we don't need to hear from some shit weed kid who doesn't know his ass from a door knob. Thanks for playing anyway, but this no place for little runt punk bitches who can't keep up. Get back on the porch ok. By now.

Edited by Sixcav

I almost read your silly little post double dipshit. But you're just an asshole and not worth the time. I did get far enough to find where you took it upon yourself to be an english teacher and correct my spelling. To which I can only add the following from your own words of pure genius. lol

If Mr. 100K GT was willing to pay up to $150K, he probably thinks he got a pretty good value, no matter what anyone else may thing.

Now evidently "thing" and "think" are interchangeable. At least my spelling error was a lot closer to what it was supposed to be than your own. Not to mention you shouldn't have placed a comma after 150K, there's no need for one there. But then again this is a general chat forum not english 101. Why don't you just go hang out with all the other assholes like yourself that sit around an pat each other on the back ever so convinced of how fucking smart you "think" you are. In case you hadn't noticed I'm not the only one posting in this thread that "thinks" you're just another self impressed dumb fuck kid who needs to get the fuck over himself. For instance.

and

As a former Ford dealer I think it is a shame that Ford is losing market share year after year and when they get a product right, like the GT500, they don't ramp up production.

Gee Dipshit, seems like you're in the minority here. Let me guess, all these other people are wrong and you are right? That's it isn't it? Get the fuck over yourself and quit speaking, the grown ups are talking now and we don't need to hear from some shit weed kid who doesn't know his ass from a door knob. Thanks for playing anyway, but this no place for little runt punk bitches who can't keep up. Get back on the porch ok. By now.

Don't you mean "bye now"? Or "buy now"? This is almost too easy....

What I don't understand is why Ford continues the practice of limiting production to paltry numbers when the car is new and hot. It looks pretty bad when Ford can produce over 900,000 F-150's every year, but cannot build enough Shelby's for its most loyal customers.

Lexus, BMW and other brands PURPOSEFULLY under-produce many of their cars.

Ehh..just wait 6 months...you'll be finding GT500's sitting on lots with $2500 rebates. Ford seems intent on losing its customer base. I think they'll have a hard time even finding buyers for 7500 GT500's a year.

This will be intesting to see. If certain Ford dealers insist on prices ranging from 15K+25K+ markups, you might find new 2007 and 2008 models on the lot.

Guest Sixcav

It is too easy dumb ass. From the dictionary. Perhaps you should read it sometime.

bye1 also by

Yes that means bye and by are interchangeable, the same thing, as in by the way you're a dumb ass for not knowing that. Buy is a word that describes the purchasing of something. Nice try dipshit, get back on the porch. By now.

Aw yes I remember why I left this list a few years ago...Too many little kids.

BTW: Mister 100k GT 500 doesn't care about value, he/she wants the car and can afford it. 100k is not going to dent his wallet one way or the other.

Well a little on the volume thing -

The purpose of the GT - 500 / GT - 350 is to create demand for the primary product line. The mustang - same logic applies that made the car a performance enthusiast hit 40 years ago. Remember that it was initially launched as an economy car for secretaries in 64 ½. The GT performance cars are marketing tools. Limiting production ensures the cars maintain value and become collector’s items and help to maintain the mystique of the mustang. Don't expect Ford to change this practice any time soon. Unfortunately I bought the 99 Cobra with this idea in mind and got a lemon instead of a collector car. They didn't get that one right.

Edited by rstang1999