ST.LOUIS PLANT

meuaw

I AM NOW AT KC, SO FAR SO GOOD FOR ME,BUT THE STRANGE THING HERE AT KC IS IT SEEMS THEY ARE TRYING TO STOP SKILLED TRANSFERS EVEN THE PEOPLE THAT CAME FROM ST.LOUIS EARLIER. IT IS TRUE I LAST POSTED MOST WERE GOING OR BOUGHT OUT I WAS MISTAKEN ON THE WELDER HE DID NOT TAKE THE BUY OUT HERE IS WHAT IS LEFT AT ST.LOUIS 2-MILLWRIGHTS,2- HILO REPAIR,2-TINSMITHS,1-WELDER,7-PIPEFITTERS. THEY NOW HAVE NO UNION REPS LEFT, AND NO COMPANY NO HELP FROM ANYWHERE AND KC AND FREINDS TRYING TO STOP THEM THE TRADES THAT WENT TO PRODUCTION NOW WANT TO FILL TRADE SPOTS AND FROM THE SOUND OF IT HERE IN KC IT MAY HAPPEN. SEE HOW WE ALL STICK TOGATHER

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I AM NOW AT KC, SO FAR SO GOOD FOR ME,BUT THE STRANGE THING HERE AT KC IS IT SEEMS THEY ARE TRYING TO STOP SKILLED TRANSFERS EVEN THE PEOPLE THAT CAME FROM ST.LOUIS EARLIER. IT IS TRUE I LAST POSTED MOST WERE GOING OR BOUGHT OUT I WAS MISTAKEN ON THE WELDER HE DID NOT TAKE THE BUY OUT HERE IS WHAT IS LEFT AT ST.LOUIS 2-MILLWRIGHTS,2- HILO REPAIR,2-TINSMITHS,1-WELDER,7-PIPEFITTERS. THEY NOW HAVE NO UNION REPS LEFT, AND NO COMPANY NO HELP FROM ANYWHERE AND KC AND FREINDS TRYING TO STOP THEM THE TRADES THAT WENT TO PRODUCTION NOW WANT TO FILL TRADE SPOTS AND FROM THE SOUND OF IT HERE IN KC IT MAY HAPPEN. SEE HOW WE ALL STICK TOGATHER

Curious about those tradespeople remaining in GEN/JSP. Were they offered transfers as production like you? If so, my understanding was they'd get one offer and they'd either have to transfer, take a buyout or go off rolls. What transpired that they remain in GEN/JSP?

Curious about those tradespeople remaining in GEN/JSP. Were they offered transfers as production like you? If so, my understanding was they'd get one offer and they'd either have to transfer, take a buyout or go off rolls. What transpired that they remain in GEN/JSP?

WHAT TRANSPIRED IS THEY SIGNED UP FOR A TRANSFER IN THEIR TRADE,THAT WAS OFFERED TO THEM. NOW THEY WAIT ON JSP FOR THEIR ASSIGNMENT DATE. WHICH THEY SHOULD RECEIVE BY MAY 1 ACCORDING TO THE REPS THAT PRESENTED THE PACKAGES.

WHAT TRANSPIRED IS THEY SIGNED UP FOR A TRANSFER IN THEIR TRADE,THAT WAS OFFERED TO THEM. NOW THEY WAIT ON JSP FOR THEIR ASSIGNMENT DATE. WHICH THEY SHOULD RECEIVE BY MAY 1 ACCORDING TO THE REPS THAT PRESENTED THE PACKAGES.

Why are you hollering?

add 2 toolmakers to that list. you are correct the welder did not take the buy-out. St.Louis has left

7-pipefitters

3-millwrights

2-tinners

2-industrial truck mechanics

2-toolmakers

1-welder

all waiting for transfers to KC i believe

Edited by outofajob

add 2 toolmakers to that list. you are correct the welder did not take the buy-out. St.Louis has left

7-pipefitters

3-millwrights

2-tinners

2-industrial truck mechanics

2-toolmakers

1-welder

all waiting for transfers to KC i believe

AND YES 2-TOOLMAKERS YOU ARE CORRECT. ARE YOU ONE OF THE ABOVE?IF SO GOOD LUCK TO YOU. YOU WILL BE UP FOR A FIGHT KC KNOWS NOW THE COMPANY AND UNION ARE GONE THERE IS NO ONE FIGHTING FOR YOU.PEOPLE THAT WENT TO PRODUCTION FROM THE TRADES ARE PUSHING REAL HARD TO GET TRADE OPENINGS FOR THEMSELVES AND TEY ARE EATING IT UP HERE. IF YOU THINK YOUHAVE FRIENDS AT KC YOU ARE WRONG.SINCE I GOT HERE 2 WEEKS AGO A FEW OF THEM ARE RAISING HELL ABOUT IT EVERY DAY,USUALLY HEADING THIS UP IS AN EX-EXCUTIVE BOARD MEMBER FROM ST.LOUIS SAYS HE WILL SUE LIKE HE DID AT ST.LOUIS HIS NAME SOUNDS LIKE( FRD). CANT SUE ME HA HA HA

AND YES 2-TOOLMAKERS YOU ARE CORRECT. ARE YOU ONE OF THE ABOVE?IF SO GOOD LUCK TO YOU. YOU WILL BE UP FOR A FIGHT KC KNOWS NOW THE COMPANY AND UNION ARE GONE THERE IS NO ONE FIGHTING FOR YOU.PEOPLE THAT WENT TO PRODUCTION FROM THE TRADES ARE PUSHING REAL HARD TO GET TRADE OPENINGS FOR THEMSELVES AND TEY ARE EATING IT UP HERE. IF YOU THINK YOUHAVE FRIENDS AT KC YOU ARE WRONG.SINCE I GOT HERE 2 WEEKS AGO A FEW OF THEM ARE RAISING HELL ABOUT IT EVERY DAY,USUALLY HEADING THIS UP IS AN EX-EXCUTIVE BOARD MEMBER FROM ST.LOUIS SAYS HE WILL SUE LIKE HE DID AT ST.LOUIS HIS NAME SOUNDS LIKE( FRD). CANT SUE ME HA HA HA

Say, would you happen to know the sen. dates of the two toolmakers? I'm a T/M, also waiting on a tranfer to KC. I'm Jan '00. Thanks.

Many were very happy to be given the 85 percent and allowed to sit home or go out and get additional jobs. I guess now we are starting to see how their passivity has undermined their ultimate goal. The IUAW dragging their feet on this matter should be indication enough that something is wrong. I mean how can it take almost three months to move these people?

I hope this is an effort by the IUAW to not have a harmful effect on the local election(5-8). Moving in large numbers of tradesman just prior to the vote surely wouldn't help their cause.

As for the lawsuit bluster.... you cant sue unless you have damages. Those people willingly broke their classifications... they knew the risks(might not get back in trades) as well as the rewards(could determine where they would go). The people who would have real damages are the ones who have been waiting 10 weeks to get these transfers.

The UAW negotiated a pay reduction on their behalf for no reason. These members were in JSP receiving the rightfully negotiated benefits when the IUAW inexplicably negotiated their members into a worse financial situation. They promised them the jobs and after almost 3 months have still not delivered. If anyone has grounds for a law suit I think its them...especially if these transfers fall apart.

Edited by S.Knight

Many were very happy to be given the 85 percent and allowed to sit home or go out and get additional jobs. I guess now we are starting to see how their passivity has undermined their ultimate goal. The IUAW dragging their feet on this matter should be indication enough that something is wrong. I mean how can it take almost three months to move these people?

I hope this is an effort by the IUAW to not have a harmful effect on the local election(5-8). Moving in large numbers of tradesman just prior to the vote surely wouldn't help their cause.

As for the lawsuit bluster.... you cant sue unless you have damages. Those people willingly broke their classifications... they knew the risks(might not get back in trades) as well as the rewards(could determine where they would go). The people who would have real damages are the ones who have been waiting 10 weeks to get these transfers.

The UAW negotiated a pay reduction on their behalf for no reason. These members were in JSP receiving the rightfully negotiated benefits when the IUAW inexplicably negotiated their members into a worse financial situation. They promised them the jobs and after almost 3 months have still not delivered. If anyone has grounds for a law suit I think its them...especially if these transfers fall apart.

I AGREE I AM JUST GLAD TO ALREADY BE HERE.

I AGREE I AM JUST GLAD TO ALREADY BE HERE.

LOOK GUYS ILL TRY TO FIND OUT WHATS GOING ON HERE BUT I DONT UNDERSTAND IT. THE COMPANY SAYS THEY NEED PEOPLE BUT THE UNION SAYS THEY DONT.VERY STRANGE THE WAY THEY DO THINGS HERE. I KNOW WE NEED MILLWRIGHTS AND A COUPLE WELDERS NOW.

Late last week I heard that all St. Louis tradepeople would have their transfer dates by April 30th. That was the last day that we had any HR or salary people in the plant. It is now empty. Nobody at the plant and nobody at the union hall. All of our union reps have retired. Yesterday I heard that they decided we would be staying in St. Louis indefinitely. The guy that told me said he got a call from the regional rep. Nobody else that I know of got that call, and when I called region 5, I was told that everyone was out of town working on negotiations. Can anyone confirm or deny this rumor. I tend to believe it is true, but I don't know anything for sure. As far as that goes, I don't think Ford or the UAW knows anything for sure. It would be nice if I knew whether or not to put the house on the market.

Late last week I heard that all St. Louis tradepeople would have their transfer dates by April 30th. That was the last day that we had any HR or salary people in the plant. It is now empty. Nobody at the plant and nobody at the union hall. All of our union reps have retired. Yesterday I heard that they decided we would be staying in St. Louis indefinitely. The guy that told me said he got a call from the regional rep. Nobody else that I know of got that call, and when I called region 5, I was told that everyone was out of town working on negotiations. Can anyone confirm or deny this rumor. I tend to believe it is true, but I don't know anything for sure. As far as that goes, I don't think Ford or the UAW knows anything for sure. It would be nice if I knew whether or not to put the house on the market.

Wow....in this market your house should have already been up. Did you get dates yet?? I can tell you that you will not be staying in St. Luis indefinitely.....good luck!! Just want you to knwo that the transfer is the companys obligation and the IUAW is not the ones dragging their feet. If it were up to them you would have already been moved. The company is the ones dragging their feet, the IUAW just makes sure that they are doing it correctly. I am sure they are also looking at longevity for those at the plant also. Don't want to transfer someone just to be laid off or go and put someone else out. Good luck guys!

Wow....in this market your house should have already been up. Did you get dates yet?? I can tell you that you will not be staying in St. Luis indefinitely.....good luck!! Just want you to knwo that the transfer is the companys obligation and the IUAW is not the ones dragging their feet. If it were up to them you would have already been moved. The company is the ones dragging their feet, the IUAW just makes sure that they are doing it correctly. I am sure they are also looking at longevity for those at the plant also. Don't want to transfer someone just to be laid off or go and put someone else out. Good luck guys!

Hey Captain, I knew 2 guys in GEN who were told they were for sure going to Chicago. One immediately sold his home and bought one in that area. Now they have been told that they are going to KC instead. Why on earth would I want to sell the home I am living in if there is a chance that I am not moving. I realize if I wait until I get a transfer date my home may take longer to sell, but what if I don't get a transfer date. Besides if I'm going to KC just to get laid off I would want to keep my STL home. I know they keep saying that everyone will get to go to KC in their trade, I'm just not sure that I believe it. As a friend wisely stated, 'In the past, if Ford had a need for 3 Pipefitters they would hire 2, not 7 or more. Now they are trying to go leaner, so I'd be surprised if they even hired 1 for every 3 they needed. Also, if I had gotten a transfer date, I wouldn't have posted asking for more info, because I would already know what I needed to know. Staying here is ok, moving to KC is ok, being in limbo (not being able to schedule a vacation, sign up for schooling, etc) that is the part that sucks. Everything is on hold just waiting to hear something... anything from the union or the company. Thanks for the reply, though, it's good to know someone is listening to my rant.

Hey Captain, I knew 2 guys in GEN who were told they were for sure going to Chicago. One immediately sold his home and bought one in that area. Now they have been told that they are going to KC instead. Why on earth would I want to sell the home I am living in if there is a chance that I am not moving. I realize if I wait until I get a transfer date my home may take longer to sell, but what if I don't get a transfer date. Besides if I'm going to KC just to get laid off I would want to keep my STL home. I know they keep saying that everyone will get to go to KC in their trade, I'm just not sure that I believe it. As a friend wisely stated, 'In the past, if Ford had a need for 3 Pipefitters they would hire 2, not 7 or more. Now they are trying to go leaner, so I'd be surprised if they even hired 1 for every 3 they needed. Also, if I had gotten a transfer date, I wouldn't have posted asking for more info, because I would already know what I needed to know. Staying here is ok, moving to KC is ok, being in limbo (not being able to schedule a vacation, sign up for schooling, etc) that is the part that sucks. Everything is on hold just waiting to hear something... anything from the union or the company. Thanks for the reply, though, it's good to know someone is listening to my rant.

No problem....I will see if I can get something out of downtown. I do know that you will not be staying in St. Luis and that is why I said " Wow....in this market your house should have already been up." I know, I would rather rent a place for a short time then eat 2 house payments in this economy!! Good luck and if I hear anything I will drop a line.

Captain, do you happen to know, how many times has Ford torn down a plant and then replaced it with a parts depot or some other Ford facility? If I understand correctly, anyone left in STL would go to work in the new plant IF there was one in the future. Is there anything in the works to replace the SLAP facility?

Just to add a little fuel to the fire. Nashville had 26 or 27 trades sign-up to flowback to a Ford facility. We have, I believe 1 MR going to Lima, 3 Tinsmiths going to KTP and all the rest will be heading to KCAP by Sept. 1, per the IUAW. This will end the transition for Nashville and all will be gone. Also 62 production heading to KCAP in a total of 5 waves, 5/12, 5/26, 6/16, 6/23 and 9/1. Just some helpful info.

Just to add a little fuel to the fire. Nashville had 26 or 27 trades sign-up to flowback to a Ford facility. We have, I believe 1 MR going to Lima, 3 Tinsmiths going to KTP and all the rest will be heading to KCAP by Sept. 1, per the IUAW. This will end the transition for Nashville and all will be gone. Also 62 production heading to KCAP in a total of 5 waves, 5/12, 5/26, 6/16, 6/23 and 9/1. Just some helpful info.

ngp roots...what did you decide to do? If you are transferring, did you get your transfer date yet?

Captain, do you happen to know, how many times has Ford torn down a plant and then replaced it with a parts depot or some other Ford facility? If I understand correctly, anyone left in STL would go to work in the new plant IF there was one in the future. Is there anything in the works to replace the SLAP facility?

If you take a transfer you will still have Art. VIII Sec. 1b rights. There will not be any St. Luis employees receiving a paycheck still there. It could happen unless something else is negotiated with Ford on a new facility. Wow...that is really looking out there. Did you hear there was something in the works??? :headscratch:

ngp roots...what did you decide to do? If you are transferring, did you get your transfer date yet?

Changed my mind, deceided to stay home. By the way you must live on this site. I haven't posted in a while and when I do you find it in less than 20 min.

Changed my mind, deceided to stay home. By the way you must live on this site. I haven't posted in a while and when I do you find it in less than 20 min.

Did you take a buyout or stay with Zeledyne?

LOL..No I don't live on this site. This is the 1st time I've been on in about 2 weeks. Was just looking through to see if anything was new. Was on Vacation all week this week, just went back to work last night. Have you heard anything about skilled Trades reporting dates?

If you take a transfer you will still have Art. VIII Sec. 1b rights. There will not be any St. Luis employees receiving a paycheck still there. It could happen unless something else is negotiated with Ford on a new facility. Wow...that is really looking out there. Did you hear there was something in the works??? :headscratch:

I haven't heard anything but rumors. But I guess everything is a rumor until Ford says or does something. I would just like to go back to work, and I don't see that happening at KCAP. I do believe what meuaw says about KCAP trying to get the STL former tradesman back into the trades. I heard that a month ago. I also believe NGP ROOTS post about Nashville trades going to KCAP. Thats a lot of tradesmen and no trades jobs to fill. Like I said earlier Ford doesn't generally hire 7+ people to fill 3 jobs. (Thats just an example, I have no exact numbers)