not looking good for ktp

heard ford came and told them they want 1200 people running the plant by august 1 and one shift and lower line speed.you'll need 3-95 to stay working if this becomes true.

Federal law requires 90 days for a ILO.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gunnut hit the nail on the head this time. Yes, a lay-off is on the way, and yes, it will affect a alot of people. I agree with everyone on this. For once can our Union leadership and the Company just sit us down and tell us in advance of this lay-off before they release it to the news. I mean tell all shifts before the news gets told.

If told in advance and they offer more buy-outs I just might take it this time. I am sure Ford will turn around but right now it looks like they won't. Our trucks are the best in the world but they are just not selling.

As for how far back they will go in the lay-off I believe they will go back as far as 5/95. The lowest they will go back is early August 95. I think the people who have 95 senority, who think they are safe, will be surprized when it happens.

Half the plant will always learn of things going on from the news. Once one crew knows about 50 cell phones start calling the news channels so you will never be able to tell everyone "in house" If you notice the articles in the CJ they are always quoteing the same people, so maybe they have family that works there, who knows.

Federal law requires 90 days for a ILO.

Being a google nut I looked up the website on that sheet that was handed around. I would suggest everyone go read it, it says they have to give you 60 days notice then gives reason they dont have to. I am always doubtful when I see something that sides with workers and not employers, let just be honest that ain't how the good ol' U.S. works anymore. But, I would read it and judge for yourself.

Has anyone else heard about the company only wanting 1200 people to run the plant? Can they run it with that many people, seems like they have always needed around 1800-2000 people per shift. Does slowing the line cut that many jobs? Ford can't have a plant the size of KTP only running 1 shift for very long, KTP will only be operating at about 25 to 30% capacity.

Heres how I see it

3800 in the plant now, take off a crew of body and paint (350) and your at 3450 cut a crew and that goes to 1725. Frame managment is saying since they reduced line speed we are 150 fat a crew plant wide, so your at 1575. Now your assuming they would still need the current line speed. So if diesel keeps climbing and they goto one line, that wont be half but lets say 1/3 of the rest of us, then your at 1000 people and your knee deep into the 93's. People on my line are saying lay em off, problem with that is its like pulling a thread on a sweater, except the company tells you when to stop pulling that thread. I would be somehwere around the nipples and it could start getting awfully cold if they keep pulling that thread. Lets just talk straight if the layoffs start coming don't fool yourself into thinking you know your safe.

Heres how I see it

3800 in the plant now, take off a crew of body and paint (350) and your at 3450 cut a crew and that goes to 1725. Frame managment is saying since they reduced line speed we are 150 fat a crew plant wide, so your at 1575. Now your assuming they would still need the current line speed. So if diesel keeps climbing and they goto one line, that wont be half but lets say 1/3 of the rest of us, then your at 1000 people and your knee deep into the 93's. People on my line are saying lay em off, problem with that is its like pulling a thread on a sweater, except the company tells you when to stop pulling that thread. I would be somehwere around the nipples and it could start getting awfully cold if they keep pulling that thread. Lets just talk straight if the layoffs start coming don't fool yourself into thinking you know your safe.

just got a call from a friend on b-crew saying they were just given another updated memo saying that all crews will now return to work on July 21st. What the hell is the real story? They tell people we are losing a shift only to turn around and change the entire story a week later? People have families to plan for, and they send out an updated memo every other day. This is ridiculous. The letter was from scott eskridge btw.

Edited by fordboy86

The letter was straight from Labor Relations, not Eskridge, get your facts straight!

Can someone please post the letter? I'm TLO'd this week in paint and really appreaciate knowing what is going on...it sounds like things are going nuts!!!

Can someone please post the letter? I'm TLO'ld this week in paint and really appreciate knowing what is going on...it sounds like things are going nuts!!!

[/quote

Disregard the previous post..I just called the union office and they read the letter to me...thanks anyway!!!!