The Mustang Source

yamahaR1

Just thought everyone would like to know that Brad's mustang site is back up today. I am glad Brad, your site rocks, even though we don't always see eye to eye. I have been checking it out since I was interested in the '05 redesign of the stang. Keep up the good work.

Edited by yamahaR1

here's what it says:

The forums are currently down for database optimization.

Can you get in?

Sorry, I did not check the forums earlier. I just thought it was okay because yesterday, his site would not even come up on the internet. I was just looking at his latest pics of the new 'stangs, which you have some of posted here also. Sorry for going off on you yesterday, I was just really getting pissed by that wise ass guy, and took it out on you. I did not use the Fuck word though, you just misunderstood me. Later wolverine man.

Edited by yamahaR1

Thanks - I can understand the frustration. . .I was looking to get a GT500 as well. Maybe I'll get a second year one or a second year Boss (dealers are going to put the screws on first year models too)

You know, I understand the free market system, but don't the dealers understand the state of Ford right now? :read: Ok, I could understand $3,000 or $4,000 mark up, but I just think under $5,000 would be a nice profit on top of what they already make off of the car. Could you speculate on the actual price to the dealer for the Shelby, just curious. On the kelly blue book site they list this cost for a regular Mustang GT, and man, that is what pissed me off so much with the '05 model when it first came out. They are already making a lot of money in my mind just selling the car for MSRP. How do they have the balls to be so greedy when Ford is in such a start of peril right now. I am like you though, I am not in such a hurry that I want to pay a huge RAPE charge, just like I waited the mustang out to come down to earth. I thought RAPE was illegal in this country. Any dealers in here who can justify such a profit gouge in this time of tough times for Ford?

I will find out the cost to dealers when Ford announces the pricing. I am with you both statements.

1) I'm not that anxious to get raped over pricing. Since Ford is keeping production so low, I doubt that people will defect to the Camaro/Challenger in enough numbers to hurt GT500, or for that matter, Boss sales. A lot of people who are buying a GT500 or Boss are doing such for collectability.

2) We were all witness to the fact that dealers gouged on the T-Bird and cost the nameplate sales. We've also seen this on the Ford GT.

A person from Team Mustang told me, that although he did not like the dealer markup, Ford dealers have been hurting due to a sharp decrease in sales.

follow this link to the dealer cost of the 2006 Mustang (can't hotlink)

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/index.php?c...13_sectionid=12

it's toward the bottom.

Hey, thanks for the link. I can imagine that the '07 GT will be close to the same mark-up. It doesn't really say how much the car costs to Ford though. I just wonder how much the car was, since it is marked up by Ford to the dealer, and by the dealer to the customer? Anyway, if they sell the car at MSRP, the dealer already makes $3,000, what about Ford? That is really eye opening. I kid you not, I saw $10,000-$15,000 mark-up on the '05 GT around the country when it came out. What crap. I believe it has been suggested before, but I wonder why Ford isn't allowed to just sell directly to consumers. They could just have service departments in certain regions to service their cars instead of dealerships. Hey, let people in California or New York go through dealerships if they want, everything is more expensive there anyway, they would be used to it. Man, I live so close to where they make the damn thing, it would be so nice to just go to a lot to pick up my car, instead of experiencing the whole dreaded dealer experience. I can actually say when I bought my Expedition from Jerome-Duncan in Troy/Sterling Heights area(Michigan), that was actually a nice experience. They have a very nice dealership with a coffee shop inside by the Saleen mustangs on the floor. They actually let my wife and I take it home overnight while we decided on it for sure, even with no money down at that point. They did have our Tahoe sitting there for collateral, but we could have just drove off somewhere and taken it if we were evil. Of course, I have not had to deal with the service department yet, so the jury is still out. With the internet becoming a large shopping ground these days, you would think Ford could have a link on their web site for a "buy now" option. I could avoid the $700 delivery charge since I live only 2 hours away from there for one thing. Shouldn't we have the choice to go through Ford directly. You know what, maybe the MSRP will be lower then. Maybe I would only have to pay $1000 or $2000 over the dealer cost. Ford still makes more money than they would have if it went through the dealer pockets. I guess it would be worth a try, then people would not be able to bitch about dealers anymore!

Edited by yamahaR1

You can't rape the willing :happy feet: ;)

agreed man, I for one am not willing to bend over for the dealers. I laugh at anyone who paid $15,000 over for a Mustang GT. What a joke, those are the people messing it up for everyone. If people could just wait it out for a month or two and make the dealers sweat, the ADM would disappear. No, I have to be the first one on the block to have a mustang or shelby,,,,,,not me,,,,I waited 2 years, and will probably get an '07 GT now, at sticker price as well, if not better. (X-plan ;) ????)

• 3 weeks later...
I was a member when he first started but everytime it went down I had to rejoin...so I just quit joining.

Its a great site but I didn't want to be a new member every week :)

Thanks. May be what is happening with me. I can hit it at work but not from the home machine.