2009 F150 5.4l POWER LEAKED!!

igor

Remember what matters is what it puts down to the wheels, but you probably don't know what that means so I'll just forget about it..

wow...jus me or are people venting anger more than usual today...damn snippiness from different sources today thats for sure......

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right. Which is why you persisted in calling the previous iteration a 'boat anchor' knowing full good and well it was hampered by the transmission.

That's funny, the 97-03 5.4 wans't hampered by it's tranny.

I thought you said it didn't need more power? It just needed a better tranny right? Well then why did ford bump the power?

It's funny how what people like you call "negatards" have been saying for years that vehicles like the F-150 needed more power, and then when Ford does so you start trying to take digs at people. If it was up to your mediocrity is best way of thinking, Ford wouldhave done nothing to impriove the F-150's powertrain. The mid-level V8 went up 44 horsepower too, so obviously Ford didn't agree with you. And instead of taking ifo like this toapplaud Ford for listening to the critics, you use it to attack the very people who pushed Ford to make these improvements, sad.

wow...jus me or are people venting anger more than usual today...damn snippiness from different sources today thats for sure......

Well I'm glad they bumped the power as much as they did, I knew the 3 valve engine had a lot more in it, look at what Jim Feuling did with the 3 valve engines, but some wish to use Ford's improvements as weapons against other people.

I'm waiting for the C2 Focus thread where the "negatards" get blasted for Ford bringing it here.. :hysterical:

because Yahoo says its 100 degrees in Anaheim today Dean. Thats why.

ahhh, full moon? funny it seems to be coming from unusual sources today.....87 here right now...inside w the A/c.....GREAT for Motorbike riding though........

Edited by Deanh

ahhh, full moon? funny it seems to be coming from unusual sources today.....87 here right now...inside w the A/c.....GREAT for Motorbike riding though........

Its 74 degrees inside the office right now.

Hmm... why do i want to leave and get on the 91 again?

Its 74 degrees inside the office right now.

Hmm... why do i want to leave and get on the 91 again?

no 91 for me....5 to Laguna hills...that 91 is outa control! hey, the heat may be a bitch but i swear i would find it hard to live elsewhere...

That's funny, the 97-03 5.4 wans't hampered by it's tranny.

I thought you said it didn't need more power? It just needed a better tranny right? Well then why did ford bump the power?

It's funny how what people like you call "negatards" have been saying for years that vehicles like the F-150 needed more power, and then when Ford does so you start trying to take digs at people. If it was up to your mediocrity is best way of thinking, Ford wouldhave done nothing to impriove the F-150's powertrain. The mid-level V8 went up 44 horsepower too, so obviously Ford didn't agree with you. And instead of taking ifo like this toapplaud Ford for listening to the critics, you use it to attack the very people who pushed Ford to make these improvements, sad.

yes it is....

i never complain about it because it is a truck but it's tranny isn't something to ride home about

there are plenty of times where the engine screams but the tranny can't find the right gear to put that power to the ground

Edited by Ford-150

yes it is....

i never complain about it because it is a truck but it's tranny isn't something to ride home about

there are plenty of times where the engine screams but the tranny can't find the right gear to put that power to the ground

all one has to do is drive the 6 speed Expedition side by side with the 4 speed F-150...there is NO comparison.....the 4 speed sucked ANY goodness out from under the 5.4 and we didn't know better until we experienced the 6 speed in the Expy. Case closed!

all one has to do is drive the 6 speed Expedition side by side with the 4 speed F-150...there is NO comparison.....the 4 speed sucked ANY goodness out from under the 5.4 and we didn't know better until we experienced the 6 speed in the Expy. Case closed!

We have a 4-spped 5.4 Expy and a 6-speed Expy.

Both are slow pigs. Case Closed.

We have a 4-spped 5.4 Expy and a 6-speed Expy.

Both are slow pigs. Case Closed.

now whos ignorant...glad to see the therapy sessions helped P....only an Einstein would find 0-60 in a 6000 odd pound SUV of prime importance...and damaging if towing in your pubescent hands one would rip the hitch off the rear, and blow the rear diff, along with throwing the Crown Vic drag car off the trailer...thus the ECM's calibration.....

The 5.4 didn't =need= more power to have the best payload and tow rating in the business, and it didn't =need= more power to best the run-of-the-mill offerings from Chevy, Dodge, Nissan, and up until Feb. of last year, Toyota.

As far as why Ford bumped the power, it's because it doesn't hurt to have more power.

You get labeled a negatard for acting as though best in class payload/towing is dismissable because when you stomp the gas in your F150, you don't get a cheap thrill.

Glad to see some advancement. I figure that the new transmission is going to be the biggest improvement eventually, and the biggest potiential headache in early days.

Because I have to tell you, that new Chevy is a VERY good truck. I have pulled a fifth flat deck with a car on it and a travel trailer for a couple of days, and the first thing was it is very tight and quiet. The second was that the truck never strained with the 5.3 at all. The biggest supprise was the mileage though. It really stands out in my mind as being more than reasonable.

The new F series has a lot to live up to, and finally pretty good competition in GM.

Go Ford.

now whos ignorant...glad to see the therapy sessions helped P....only an Einstein would find 0-60 in a 6000 odd pound SUV of prime importance...and damaging if towing in your pubescent hands one would rip the hitch off the rear, and blow the rear diff, along with throwing the Crown Vic drag car off the trailer...thus the ECM's calibration.....

Who said anything about 0-60?

A 50% boost in power maybe...but not a WEAK 8% boost in power...

Carry over engines indeed.

I think I got a bigger boost in power when I installed the Mercury Marauder airbox and MAF in my CV...:hysterical:

So now you are just 30 hp short of what the old 5.4L made now right?

Oh wait, yours predates the 260hp 4.6 even. my mistake. 70hp short

Edited by Sixt9coug

So now you are just 30 hp short of what the old 5.4L made now right?

Oh wait, yours predates the 260hp 4.6 even. my mistake. 70hp short

Hey...it's not my fault it took Ford forever to figure out how to make decent power out of these boat anchor mod motors...without resorting to forced induction.

Hey...it's not my fault it took Ford forever to figure out how to make decent power out of these boat anchor mod motors...without resorting to forced induction.

how bout the aforementioned Marauder? or the MarkVIII? sure, they are DOHC, but they werent half bad for NA and small displacement. I still like the Marauder.

whoah... wait a minute.... did you just say they made "decent power" now?

:cheerleader:

Edited by Sixt9coug