08 Focus

8A4RE

The 2011/12 Focus will be in the same segment as Mazda3,Corolla,Civic,Cobalt, etc and priced as a C-segment vehicle.

With the addition of the Fiesta, the Focus will no longer have to be both a B & C segment car.

Pardon my lack of knowledge in automotive production costs...since I have no clue in what goes on in that area. This is just a question from someone who likes a variety of cars. :finger:

The story is that the next "global" generation of the Focus will be sold in both continents. So, my concern is which way the price will swing. If the Focus originates from Europe and carries a similar pricing, that would probably put it over $20K here in NA, right? Or would Ford somehow show a "market adjustment" and produce it at a price similar to the current one?

Personally, I would like the latter. As one can deduce from my history of car ownership, I do not stick to one size or class. So, if the Focus goes into another size category, I probably would not be looking at it unless it has something spectacular that catches my eyes. Hope additional information comes soon since the Focus SE on order is going to replace my SES (wife and daughter can't drive manual :banghead: ) and will end up being the daughter's when she's off to college. At that point, I will be left with two Mustangs and one Mariner. I am hoping the wife's Toyota will be gone by then. :hysterical:

The next-gen Focus should remain similar in size, although pricing (along with content) will likely increase somewhat, mostly due to it no longer needing to cover the bottom of the market where the Fiesta will then be residing. I would imagine you'll still be able to pick up a pretty well-equipped Focus for under $20,000 still, but I doubt you'll be seeing $13,000 teaser specials anymore either.

Since Ford axed the S model for '09, I would think the $13,000 teaser models are gone anyway...

From what I have seen, the S model axing is only on the coupe. There will still be an S sedan I believe. Either way, Ford will find a way to give its dealers Super El Cheapo models that they can throw in the local paper to compete with the similarly priced B-cars on the market already.

The lower trim model Foci in Europe look worse then the US with all that cheap ass looking black plastic on them

While I'm not a big fan of the US Focus, the European one is not all that like people make it out to be on the internet.

I agree. When ever the EU Focus is shown on the internet it's always the limited production high performance model with 18" wheels, wide tires, lowering, etc. and then they compare it to the non-hi performance US focus with it's skinny tires, high stance, small diameter wheels, etc. Of course, the high performance model looks better.

And the US Focus has just been too harshly criticized for it's styling. It seems like when one early review comes out either trashing a car or praising it, from then on all other reviews and opinions that come after will just echo the first one.

I don't think the US Focus is a classic design, but it's not horrendously terrible either. From many angles and in person it looks pretty good but from some angles, it looks awkward.

How much do you think the car on the right costs?

The Focus gives a lot perceived bang for the buck, it has tons of superfluous styling which reads as 'expensive' in the American market. Essentially, Ford did its market research and figured out what works here.

I know for a fact, in other parts of the world, less than a Mazda 3.

Similarly , in the rest of the world the Mondeo is less than the Mazda 6.

FNA have done a good job. While most people fixate on headlights/grille,

the rest of the body contours are moving towards the the styling of the world Focus.

What people will notice is the C1 is more internal width, it makes a big difference to space.

C170-2 is mid step towards C1 internal width.

Edited by jpd80