DTP Downtime

Not tryin to change topic of discussion cause weve been dwn this rd on here but actually

quite a bit of former Nappers REALLY like MI and are thriving here and enjoying their

new lives.............there will always be some tht are unhappy or cant adapt as is true

w/anything...good luck to ya and count ur blessing u still have that good autoworker

job!...GO Tigers and Red Wings! :reading:

Like I said!! it's a matter of opinion. It has nothing to do with adapting or unhappiness, I don't like Michigan. I do not count my blessing because I receive so many of them...I can not count that high. I thank God for everything I've received, not just a job. If you love it here...that great, I'm happy for you. I love my life, don't need a new one.

GO BOSTON CELTICS!

Edited by FANTASTICFORD

This is the official unofficial layoff info... A crew 6/2, B crew 6/9, C crew 6/16, A crew 6/23, B crew 6/30. C crew will work the 30th of June then will be off on the 5th and 6th of July. C crew will report back July 19th for system fill. A crew on the 21st B crew on the 22nd. B crew makes out nice for shutdown. :tequila:

I enjoy Michigan a great deal. I do miss Sandbridge and the Carolina beaches though

I rented a beachhouse in Nags Head for the shutdown--Can't wait!!

Sandbridge VA and carolina beaches are certainly nice but.........been there

and done that since i was a kid!...........expand your horizons a bit and head

to northern MI to check out exclusive lake resorts...... get a better deal and

save on gas! Dont be sceerrrrrrd! :reading:

Head north and see the U.P. There is a place in Detour that rents cabins and that is only an hour past the bridge, cabins are on Caribou Lake, nice clean shallow, sandy lake great for kids. The U.P. is a wonderful place to go and see Pictured Rocks, The Soo. Do take time to see all that Michigan has to offer.

I have expanded my "horizons"--I have been up north--now it's time to visit my FAMILY--thanks

Also-can't get any Chesapeake Bay Blue Crabs up north!!

Edited by jm2607

I have expanded my "horizons"--I have been up north--now it's time to visit my FAMILY--thanks

Also-can't get any Chesapeake Bay Blue Crabs up north!!

Well you can get crabs :shades:. They just won't be Chesapeake Bay, which reminds me,I need to get back to Yorktown and Nicks Seafood.

Well you can get crabs :shades:. They just won't be Chesapeake Bay, which reminds me,I need to get back to Yorktown and Nicks Seafood.

Hate to burst your bubble............... but Nick's Seafood has been closed down and last i heard they were going to put a parking lot in it's place.

Hate to burst your bubble............... but Nick's Seafood has been closed down and last i heard they were going to put a parking lot in it's place.

Now that you mentioned I vaguely remember my dad(21.5 yrs in the Navy, last duty station was Yorktown NWS) saying something bout Nick's after a hurricane. Well at least I can sit and look at the Coleman bridge. :P

Dont worry 1 bit Sir!..ur truck will be built in a timely order and of the utmost quality pls

be assured! This posts rambling is employee chatter that wont make sense to anyone

outside company but company will be sure the trucks get built and the employees make

sure they get built right! Hope you enjoy your new truck!

Thanks FordTruckLover. I know the truck will be done RIGHT. My truck is scheduled to be built on 5/31. Are you guys working weekends with the economy being like it is?

I appreciate the work you guys do to put quality trucks on the road!!!!!