Indy Elections

donedeal

• 2 weeks later...
Indys Triennial elections on May 28,2008 who should we vote for?

Looks like the Vice President Huddleston came out swinging. In a 3 way election for President/Chairman he came 9 votes from winning it outright with over 50% of the total vote. Now, there'll be a runoff 6-4 between him and Lewis(current chairman). He pulled almost double the votes that Lewis did. Looks like showing up to work really does matter. Glad to see that having a strong work ethic still carries some weight. Will be nice to have a Chairman that's actually accessible to the membership. I think the writings on the wall and Lewis is done. :happy feet:

Looks like the Vice President Huddleston came out swinging. In a 3 way election for President/Chairman he came 9 votes from winning it outright with over 50% of the total vote. Now, there'll be a runoff 6-4 between him and Lewis(current chairman). He pulled almost double the votes that Lewis did. Looks like showing up to work really does matter. Glad to see that having a strong work ethic still carries some weight. Will be nice to have a Chairman that's actually accessible to the membership. I think the writings on the wall and Lewis is done. :happy feet:

WOW....Didn't Lewis keep your plant open until 2010?? Yup! He may be a lot of things, but he worked damn hard at trying to keep that plant open.

WHOA DUDE!!

That's exactly what I've said in here for months, but it won't sink in yet.

Brother, you hit the nail on the head. And if that's the Jody who shoved that contract down our throat's, I'm with you all the way.

Amazes me how he posts in here all day and evening also. Sets a fine example for someone who is suppose to be working, yet plays on the PC on our dime isn't it.

WHOA DUDE!!

That's exactly what I've said in here for months, but it won't sink in yet.

Brother, you hit the nail on the head. And if that's the Jody who shoved that contract down our throat's, I'm with you all the way.

Amazes me how he posts in here all day and evening also. Sets a fine example for someone who is suppose to be working, yet plays on the PC on our dime isn't it.

:hysterical: I can't resist...hey assclowns.......maybe you could talk with someone tha knows me. Does your jody work at Utica?

:hysterical: I can't resist...hey assclowns.......maybe you could talk with someone tha knows me. Does your jody work at Utica?

I wish Chesterfield could have stayed open until 2010....I wish Utica could have stayed open till 2010. I bet jody wishes monroe would have stayed open until 2010!! If you claim the International Union did your COA...you are side_nutts.jpg

I truly hope that this isn't Jody. I've met Jody, and I really thought he was a Stand Up guy. Though your past posts really narrow it down. You on the other hand come across as someone that likes to stick his nose in places it doesn't belong and talk about Sh*t you know nothing about.

You are the one who called me jody.... :finger:

I wish Chesterfield could have stayed open until 2010....I wish Utica could have stayed open till 2010. I bet jody wishes monroe would have stayed open until 2010!! If you claim the International Union did your COA...you are side_nutts.jpg

=

Edited by WalterWeeps

The COA was locally negotiated never said it wasn't. When the Skilled Trades voted it down 2 times Int'l stepped in and told them that if they didn't vote for what they had they'd have to take what they were given. Now, you tell me if that's not forcing something down your throat then what is?

Well I can tell you that I wasn't there, but by the way you worded it you are either part of the committee or a production guy. Either way I am trying to understand. "if they didn't vote for what they had, then they'd have to to take what they were given...which is what they were voting on? I am not sure but if it was voted down they would be working for a yr under the old agreement and then under no agreement. I am not sure what was meant buy they would get what they were given?? If it was not voted in they would not be getting anything!! Anyway...I commend them all for getting it voted in and keeping the plant open a couple more years. Ford always does things that do not make sense...they could have easily paid someone else to run your parts......if you don't think so ask someone at Utica, Monroe, Ypsi, Romeo, Rawsonville, Sandusky, Tulsa, Nashville, Cleveland, Maumee, Batavia, Sharonville, Romeo engine.....that list can go on and on...now I have depressed myself.

WOW....Didn't Lewis keep your plant open until 2010?? Yup! He may be a lot of things, but he worked damn hard at trying to keep that plant open.

:banghead: Didn't lewis keep the plant open intil 2010 what are you a F%#*&ING IDIOT he didn't sacifice anything the people on the floor did. Mr. Lewis doesn't have to live by the same rules as everyone else.Mr.Lewis lied to the temps and everyone else and they are sick of him.The only reason he worked so hard was so he could collect his 7 day 12 hours a day paycheck and only put in maybe 10 hours a week at the plant or union hall. So capt. since you know so much tell me do you think the good union people of local 1111 who have to show up for work everyday and have given so much back to the company are tired of mr. lewis and would like to see him work under the same C.O.A. rules that they have to? :banghead:

:banghead: Didn't lewis keep the plant open intil 2010 what are you a F%#*&ING IDIOT he didn't sacifice anything the people on the floor did. Mr. Lewis doesn't have to live by the same rules as everyone else.Mr.Lewis lied to the temps and everyone else and they are sick of him.The only reason he worked so hard was so he could collect his 7 day 12 hours a day paycheck and only put in maybe 10 hours a week at the plant or union hall. So capt. since you know so much tell me do you think the good union people of local 1111 who have to show up for work everyday and have given so much back to the company are tired of mr. lewis and would like to see him work under the same C.O.A. rules that they have to? :banghead:

5 days 12 hrs and 2 days of straight time!!!!

I never said that the people have not given anything back. You are still there and not at some assembly plant. I wouldn't wish that on anyone, but if you would like to go early then sign up for a opportunity when it comes. As much as you have given back it will not prepare you for a assembly plant. The ideas ofthe COA have come from the bargaining committee and yes they would be glad to have a plant floor to go back to if they are not elected, but what I do not understand is what would a new Chairman/President get you when they take office? Nothing....the company will play games with him for 6-7months and it will take another 4 or 5 months to get to know what is going on and what has been agreed too. then it will be time to transfer. Sounds like a good choice!! All that being said, again at least he has a plant floor to go back too. Would not have happened without the COA brother.....I commend him for thinking outside the box and keeping the plant there. You should be happy that you may complain from your home in Indy and not another state!!!

Any UAW elected or appointed person at any plant has different work rules. I really do not understand what you are trying to say there?? They have different roles in the organization and their work is different. No different than any other plant. :finger:

5 days 12 hrs and 2 days of straight time!!!!

I never said that the people have not given anything back. You are still there and not at some assembly plant. I wouldn't wish that on anyone, but if you would like to go early then sign up for a opportunity when it comes. As much as you have given back it will not prepare you for a assembly plant. The ideas ofthe COA have come from the bargaining committee and yes they would be glad to have a plant floor to go back to if they are not elected, but what I do not understand is what would a new Chairman/President get you when they take office? Nothing....the company will play games with him for 6-7months and it will take another 4 or 5 months to get to know what is going on and what has been agreed too. then it will be time to transfer. Sounds like a good choice!! All that being said, again at least he has a plant floor to go back too. Would not have happened without the COA brother.....I commend him for thinking outside the box and keeping the plant there. You should be happy that you may complain from your home in Indy and not another state!!!

Any UAW elected or appointed person at any plant has different work rules. I really do not understand what you are trying to say there?? They have different roles in the organization and their work is different. No different than any other plant. :finger:

Vice President DAN HUDDIESTON is not new to the game he's been a committeeman and is now vice president of the local,he is well liked at region 3 and has always been involved in the union.I would say that the company would be wise not to play games because not only does he know the contract and the C.O.A. he doesn't take any shit from them either.The people at local 1111 have spoken,now they have to show the company and mr.lewis on 06/04/08 that they mean it.

Vice President DAN HUDDIESTON is not new to the game he's been a committeeman and is now vice president of the local,he is well liked at region 3 and has always been involved in the union.I would say that the company would be wise not to play games because not only does he know the contract and the C.O.A. he doesn't take any shit from them either.The people at local 1111 have spoken,now they have to show the company and mr.lewis on 06/04/08 that they mean it.
Mean what??? That you will be at an assembly plant in 2010...... Edited by Captain723

Maybe there is hope after all for the Indianapolis facility. I have never met Dan Huddleston but it sounds like he would be a good man for the job! Stay out of it Cap'n.

Maybe there is hope after all for the Indianapolis facility. I have never met Dan Huddleston but it sounds like he would be a good man for the job! Stay out of it Cap'n.

You know, if you read through all of the posts made by donedeal, it APPEARS that MR. donedeal kinda set up this his account in order to take jabs at his local chairman. Also looks like it's been happening for a while. :redcard:

Is this how you guys run your campaigns in Indianapolis? Wow, I thought union "brothers" treated each other better than this. :hysterical::hysterical:

Kinda cooincidental that his last post contains a FULL ENDORSEMENT for Dan Huddleston. Dont you think?

Wow, you guys will stop at nothing. Niether will you stoop too low.

I certainly hope the Indy people are smarter than this.

Am I the only one who can see what is going on here?

Edited by paris

You know, if you read through all of the posts made by donedeal, it APPEARS that MR. donedeal kinda set up this his account in order to take jabs at his local chairman. Also looks like it's been happening for a while. :redcard:

Is this how you guys run your campaigns in Indianapolis? Wow, I thought union "brothers" treated each other better than this. :hysterical::hysterical:

Kinda cooincidental that his last post contains a FULL ENDORSEMENT for Dan Huddleston. Dont you think?

.....and you told me to stay out of it!! Let me tell you...being a VP and a President/Chairman are 2 different animals.

One has his feet up drinking coffee eating lunch and the other is getting beat down ALL DAY AND NIGHT!! Paris you know better than that sht!! :shades:

.....and you told me to stay out of it!! Let me tell you...being a VP and a President/Chairman are 2 different animals.

One has his feet up drinking coffee eating lunch and the other is getting beat down ALL DAY AND NIGHT!! Paris you know better than that sht!! :shades:

Captain 723,

We are actually in agreement on something. I was reading this post and I noticed that donedeal was cutting the legs out from under Lewis. Then..........he endorses Dan Huddleston. I think even you guys can smell this one!!!!!!!

This guy has been cutting Lewis's ass for how long now? As how many different people? Now he turns around and runs against him. Wow. I just got to laugh at you guys and your tactics.

So much for solidarity I guess. Must be a "tradesman" of some kind. Maybe a Pipefitter. :hysterical:

"Hi everyone, my name is 'paris.' I post on BON occassionally and, as you may have noticed, I want to be a plumber/pipefitter! Why? Because I love shit!

In fact, I'm a professional shit-stirer! When I post on BON, I either:

1) start shit or,

2) stir shit.

I don't post informed opinions or pesky things like, oh, facts. That's too hard. Have a nice day!"

Did Jimmy get his ass kicked like at the last election? ( Black eye, fat lip)???

That was a drunken brawl.

I was embarrassed to be part of that local.

Danny is a good man for the job with a level head and not just looking out for himself.

And if you were not or are not a member of local 1111 you don't know all the shit and deals that have gone on there and the bullshit Jimmy has pulled, so you have no room to comment on it!!!

Good luck Danny.

Did Jimmy get his ass kicked like at the last election? ( Black eye, fat lip)???

That was a drunken brawl.

I was embarrassed to be part of that local.

Danny is a good man for the job with a level head and not just looking out for himself.

And if you were not or are not a member of local 1111 you don't know all the shit and deals that have gone on there and the bullshit Jimmy has pulled, so you have no room to comment on it!!!

Good luck Danny.

I totally forgot about that fight ! Wow, that was something...time flies when you are having fun! Can't believe 3yrs have passed by so quick....3 more yrs and we will probably close.

"Hi everyone, my name is 'paris.' I post on BON occassionally and, as you may have noticed, I want to be a plumber/pipefitter! Why? Because I love shit!

In fact, I'm a professional shit-stirer! When I post on BON, I either:

1) start shit or,

2) stir shit.

I don't post informed opinions or pesky things like, oh, facts. That's too hard. Have a nice day!"

Pump,

Dont take it personal. I actually like you in a warped kind of way. :shades: