Ford Wants To Open New Plants & Coming Layoffs Stateside

salsakingcpa

agreed local market production helps offset fluctuation in currency valuations

you suck, copy and paste elevator boy, add something new, original, go with the flow what have you added. Is your life that boring? ughh let me go and puke and come back later

Edited by salsakingcpa

Outside the Ford North America, all the other Ford Regions actually make profits.I have no problem with profitable divisions increasing capacity and strengthening their market share.It's only natural that you build more plants in expanding markets and close down unprofitable ones.

Great post. Indeed that's what Ford should be doing, but the economic horizon in Europe and Asia are similar or following the US economic Crisis. So my message is we are way too late in this game, so let's keep some dry powder, and do the exapansion in the next boom, and time it correctly. If we expand now when economic situation will deteriorate, then we will just write off more fixed assets down the road. Ford made money in Europe and South America. In both continents, economics are not that great, and recession coming. However, Ford motor has a history of buying high, and selling low. So I'm sure it will do it, and that will be the end of it.

Faces In The News

Soros: Europe Is Not Safe

Lionel Laurent, 05.21.08, 10:30 PM ET

LONDON - Tumbling home prices, flagging consumer sentiment, banking jitters and inflationary pressures--the British economy has it all, and billionaire investor George Soros believes it's a recipe for recession. While discussing his latest book at the London School of Economics, where Soros studied under Karl Popper, the Hungarian-born billionaire said Wednesday that Britain faced more or less the same problems as the United States. He compared the Bank of England's struggle with the plot of a "Greek tragedy," with the central bank caught between high inflation and low growth. But not even the eurozone is safe, argued Soros, given that the 15-nation economic bloc suffers from structural differences between its member states. "There will be serious, serious tensions," said Soros.

Brazil to Raise Rates More Than Forecast, Itau Says (Update3)

By Andre Soliani and Fabiola Moura

May 20 (Bloomberg) -- Brazil's central bank President Henrique Meirelles may raise the benchmark interest rate more than previously forecast as the outlook for inflation in Latin America's biggest economy worsens, Banco Itau Holding Financeira SA said.

Argentine economy minister fired amid spiralling inflation

Argentine President Cristina Kirchner has sacked her economy minister, amid spiralling inflation and her government’s bitter conflict with armers over a tax hike on soybean exports.

Martin Lousteau, 36, is to be replaced Friday by Carlos Fernandez, the head of Argentina’s tax collection agency, the state news agency said. "The president asked Lousteau for his resignation because of differences on how to carry out her economic policy," a government official told AFP early Friday.

Edited by salsakingcpa

you suck, copy and paste elevator boy, add something new, original, go with the flow what have you added. Is your life that boring? ughh let me go and puke and come back later

still waiting for you to back up your statements

oh wait, that ain't gonna happen because you are full of shit and have no idea what you are talking about

Hey dumbass, where is the answer to that 50% cut in employees you mentioned? I'm still waiting for the answers

Actually you are the ignorant garbage leftover from soon to be big 3 forum, that's what big 3 is good about, copy and paste invention from the Japanese, Swedish, German, and the list goes and on and on. Have some pride asphalt.

i.e. Stagflation, copy from one of my messages, and paste as if its your own. Ignorant bastardo

Edited by salsakingcpa

Actually you are the ignorant garbage leftover from soon to be big 3 forum, that's what big 3 is good about, copy and paste invention from the Japanese, Swedish, German, and the list goes and on and on. Have some pride asphalt.

i.e. Stagflation, copy from one of my messages, and paste as if its your own. Ignorant bastardo

Son, that term is floating around the now for oh, i don't know, since 1978!

Did you friggen copyright it

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

I see that when you start losing an argument, you start your name calling

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

I'm not responding to an elevator box

there you go again.

spouting off and not backing up your statements.

if you think we are left with the impression that you are somehow knowledgable, you are sadly mistaken.

you have zero credibility. everyone here knows you are full of shit.

Edited by J-150

Americans copying from the Japanese, Swedish, and Germans? :hysterical:

The USA is responsible for more technological innovations in the last 50 years than every other country combined.

so to what is Salsashithead referring about late 80's Ford vehicles?

the 2.9 Ranger

the crappy 4 cyl fox Mustang

Windstar

Tempo

Festiva/Aspire

the 87 F150????

the Bronco 2?????

what the eff is this guy smoking?

Wait, you forgot my favorite. AEROSTAR. I owned an '88. I loved it.

The 80's era Ranger where damn good. The King cab gave you ample secure starage room and the full size box was great for cargo hauling. The short box's that are common on smaller trucks now are useless. Go back to the 80's size and I would get another one for a second vehicle, my Freestar is ok for going out with the family and lite loads but I have to borrow a truck for anything big.