Yellow 2007 Shelby GT500 Photos

robertlane

Actually, up close, they look really sweet - even for a prototype. In pictures, the yellow doesn't look too good - but they are not making any yellow ones any way.

Why don't they paint them on the cars? I know there was some dealerships doing this for the GT mustangs when the new one came out in '05. I just think it looks so much classier. I would be willing to bet it will hold up better than the tape also, just my two cents.

Why don't they paint them on the cars? I know there was some dealerships doing this for the GT mustangs when the new one came out in '05. I just think it looks so much classier. I would be willing to bet it will hold up better than the tape also, just my two cents.

Agreed. With the taped-on stripes they never run to the very edge of body panels either. Look at the GT500 for example: The stripe treatment around the wing/center mounted stop light/decklid bottom/license plate frame/rear fascia bottom has no continuity.

Agreed. With the taped-on stripes they never run to the very edge of body panels either. Look at the GT500 for example: The stripe treatment around the wing/center mounted stop light/decklid bottom/license plate frame/rear fascia bottom has no continuity.

If you look at this prototype it is missing the production rear valance and the front airdam is not complete. It is possible (likely) that these cars are kind of cosmetically "thrown together". So do not judge them too harshly. Let's get a look at production pieces first. I would like to see painted as well, but seeing as I will not ever be able to afford one (There is another thread on this, I know!) it is a moot point!

Edited by Tiberius1701

If you look at this prototype it is missing the production rear valance and the front airdam is not complete. It is possible (likely) that these cars are kind of cosmetically "thrown together". So do not judge them too harshly. Let's get a look at production pieces first. I would like to see painted as well, but seeing as I will not ever be able to afford one (There is another thread on this, I know!) it is a moot point!

Hate to break it to you, but that likely IS the production rear valence. No fancy air diffuser. :shrug: