OHAP

Dale143

Sorry for my late reply, I had some family stuff to attend to. Good come back. I really like the way that Don Rickles can criticize a persons appearance and simultaneously disarrange an entire ethnic group . My question is, did you get this from the DVD or did you just steal it from the infomercial?

Don Rickles? Are you kidding me? What a reach. I guess I should expect nothing less from the bastard child of Wilford Brimley. And to take up arms for the same people who want to poison your children, you, and your pets, while stealing every last job and asset in this country is typical of a thinned skin lib. Don't be so salty Big Ben, McDonald's still has the dollar menu.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don Rickles? Are you kidding me? What a reach. I guess I should expect nothing less from the bastard child of Wilford Brimley. And to take up arms for the same people who want to poison your children, you, and your pets, while stealing every last job and asset in this country is typical of a thinned skin lib. Don't be so salty Big Ben, McDonald's still has the dollar menu.

Take your medication. I knew you weren't too bright by the user name you chose, but this post is beyond the pale. You are hearing things that aren't there.

And to take up arms for the same people who want to poison your children, you, and your pets, while stealing every last job and asset in this country is typical of a thinned skin lib.
Oh by the way the line you stole from Rickles came from a Dean Martin celebrity roast. Brimely is original but still kind of stale considering that you keep attacking the same attribute. Go to the library and get yourself a good book of insults. They are usually in the children's section so you shouldn't have any problem finding them. Use that, at least then you will sound original.

Went to the Cleveland zoo yesterday.For just 20 bucks and the cost of gas my wife and i had a great day.

That was up until we were in slow moving traffic as we were leaving the park and some punk ass kid threw a rock over the cliff next to the road and put a huge dent in my hood.Then to pour salt into the wound you could hear them up there laughing.Needless to say,that 20 dollar plus gas trip got a little more expensive.So hows everybody else's time off going?

Well:

The browns lost there first pre-season game.They looked pretty good when the Sr.players were in.

The Olympics started today and the Chinese went all out with the opening ceremonies.

Back to work Monday.So far i received two unemployment checks and one sub check.

Today is my wedding aniversary.21Years.All 5 kids are now over 18 yrs. old.thank God for that.

Were do we go from here?

Everyone ready to hit that line Monday?

JUST A REMINDER! THE UAW LOCAL 2000 TEXAS SHOOTOUT SOFTBALL TOURNAMENT WILL BE AT OAKWOOD PARK ON AUGUST 9TH AT 1:00 P.M..

We got rained out during the July tournament and are finishing up on Aug. 9th. Come on out and support your favorite team!

Trim Nights won the tournament. The pictures are up on photobucket. Great game! Congratulations guys!

what is going to happen to the reliefmen that are in trim and chassis

I would imagine they would go to available work. Before shutdown I was told that they would essentially be utilized as general utilities. Question is, who gets loaned out of the area first? G.U. or relief person? Some of the relief people down by my area were told that senior relief people might be afforded the opportunity to bump other relief people in the areas still tagging. That will open up a can of worms there, won't it?

Also, take a look at the letter from the plant. I got mine today. Nothing in that letter indicates that this is being done on a temporary basis, therefore, it is in violation of our local agreement since our agreement allows for the tag relief in trim and chassis. Since tag relief is no longer the case, the contract must have been re-opened, mustn't it? Did we vote on this? I don't remember that....

Is anybody else pissed about all this bs going on? Nick gives away our clean up when he could have kept them til January . Then he gives up tag releif when he said he wouldn't. Thats the whole reason some of the folks in my area voted for him and turns around and sells us out. And I hear that we're gonna be put on open labor pool jobs and I had to hear that from my foreman. How long are we going to keep our money and classification? I talked to both bcs on days together and they both said that they had nothing to do with this that Nick negotiated this all on his own and they only know as much as we do becaues he won't tell them anything . You can't believe nothing Nick says! And I guess its get the vassaline when does anything.

I would imagine they would go to available work. Before shutdown I was told that they would essentially be utilized as general utilities. Question is, who gets loaned out of the area first? G.U. or relief person? Some of the relief people down by my area were told that senior relief people might be afforded the opportunity to bump other relief people in the areas still tagging. That will open up a can of worms there, won't it?

Also, take a look at the letter from the plant. I got mine today. Nothing in that letter indicates that this is being done on a temporary basis, therefore, it is in violation of our local agreement since our agreement allows for the tag relief in trim and chassis. Since tag relief is no longer the case, the contract must have been re-opened, mustn't it? Did we vote on this? I don't remember that....

If I am correct once a position is eliminated the affected employee is allowed to displace lower seniority employees within their classification, and being that they are group three they should be allowed to bump lower seniority group leaders. Then those displaced from the group leaders position should be allowed to bump labor pool.

I was told that they will remain classified as group three and used as extras. I foresee them doing PSO jobs, and covering days off. Then once the rebalanced is over, and we have excess heads, the TPT's laid off and Brookparker's going home. All this while they offer another round of targeted buyouts to absorb the balance of the relief people they just displaced. This is an orchestrated plan, If the demand continues to drop I'll bet that a lines speed reduction and/or shift elimination accompanies mass relief!

Edited by Furious1Auto

If I am correct once a position is eliminated the affected employee is allowed to displace lower seniority employees within their classification, and being that they are group three they should be allowed to bump lower seniority group leaders. Then those displaced from the group leaders position should be allowed to bump labor pool.

I was told that they will remain classified as group three and used as extras. I foresee them doing PSO jobs, and covering days off. Then once the rebalanced is over, and we have excess heads, the TPT's laid off and Brookparker's going home. All this while they offer another round of targeted buyouts to absorb the balance of the relief people they just displaced. This is an orchestrated plan, If the demand continues to drop I'll bet that a lines speed reduction and/or shift elimination accompanies mass relief!

Group Three is not the same as Group Leader therefore they cannot bump anyone and will go to available work unless this issue goes from temporary to permanent at that time they will have rights to displace younger seniority employees as outlined in the Local Agreement.

Group Three is not the same as Group Leader

??????????????????

Group leaders, committeemen, and relief people are all group 3 unless something has changed.

Temporary? Is there any part of this agreement that outlines the length of time we will be on mass relief? How about provisions that allow us to return to tag relief once this "temporary" condition exists. Is the company just calling it temporary only to keep the current group leaders from being displaced?

Sounds fishy to my! Let me just say this, I would have less of a problem with mass relief if there was enough available work to keep everyone who's home plant is OHAP in a job.

Am I the only one that finds it a little disconcerting that in Ford's recent announcement regarding the retooling of plants and the acceleration of getting the European style vehicles here, that nothing was mentioned about either the Transit or OHAP? There has been a lot of speculation, especially with the recent Journal article, but nothing has officially been released by Ford or the union concerning either the product or the plant.

And before anybody mentions the promise of a new product in the 2007 contract, keep in mind that Ford left themselves an out regarding unforeseen economic conditions, or down turn. Sorry, I can't remember the exact wording, but it's there. And...and this is only my opinion, even if that weren't there, I believe we're going to see the contract re-opened in the first half of next year anyway.

Is anybody else pissed about all this bs going on? Nick gives away our clean up when he could have kept them til January . Then he gives up tag releif when he said he wouldn't. Thats the whole reason some of the folks in my area voted for him and turns around and sells us out. And I hear that we're gonna be put on open labor pool jobs and I had to hear that from my foreman. How long are we going to keep our money and classification? I talked to both bcs on days together and they both said that they had nothing to do with this that Nick negotiated this all on his own and they only know as much as we do becaues he won't tell them anything . You can't believe nothing Nick says! And I guess its get the vassaline when does anything.

I guess you got what you asked for....NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE GROSS STUPIDITY OF LARGE GROUPS OF PEOPLE AT THE VOTING MACHINES...Do I care for what is happening? In a word, no. Do I understand why it is happening? Mass relief, yes. The rest of Nick's BS no. Why aren't there any details? Nobody wants to lay claim to this because it would be political suicide. Now, to me, this SMELLS similar to the stunt Kenny pulled when he went to Detroit. We're all in for a real rough ride...The games are just starting.

BTW HAS ANYBODY SEEN NICK OR IS HE HIDING BEHIND HIS NEW LOCK IN HIS OFFICE?

Go ahead Antro, Irish dad, Ben, Merle or whoever you are - waiting for your justification.

??????????????????

Group leaders, committeemen, and relief people are all group 3 unless something has changed.

Temporary? Is there any part of this agreement that outlines the length of time we will be on mass relief? How about provisions that allow us to return to tag relief once this "temporary" condition exists. Is the company just calling it temporary only to keep the current group leaders from being displaced?

Sounds fishy to my! Let me just say this, I would have less of a problem with mass relief if there was enough available work to keep everyone who's home plant is OHAP in a job.

Furious Group Three consists of relief only. Nothing has changed it has always been that way. Group Leaders receive a higher rate of pay because they are in a different classification. A group 3 cannot bump any group leader because there classifications are different and you can't bump someone who makes a higher rate of pay than you. Committeeman bid on a classification of there choice they are not given one which is basically what you are saying. All committeeman have different classification they are not all group 3's which is what you are trying to say. And last i hope our orders go up because i agree with your earlier statement we will be on one shift in the very near future. As far as what's going on with the mass relief all the reps I've talked to seem not to know anything. I was told there was a meeting being held today in which the structure would be informed.

Furious Group Three consists of relief only. Nothing has changed it has always been that way. Group Leaders receive a higher rate of pay because they are in a different classification. A group 3 cannot bump any group leader because there classifications are different and you can't bump someone who makes a higher rate of pay than you. Committeeman bid on a classification of there choice they are not given one which is basically what you are saying. All committeeman have different classification they are not all group 3's which is what you are trying to say. And last i hope our orders go up because i agree with your earlier statement we will be on one shift in the very near future. As far as what's going on with the mass relief all the reps I've talked to seem not to know anything. I was told there was a meeting being held today in which the structure would be informed.

Meeting was set for 10:00 AM today, we should know something soon.

Am I the only one that finds it a little disconcerting that in Ford's recent announcement regarding the retooling of plants and the acceleration of getting the European style vehicles here, that nothing was mentioned about either the Transit or OHAP? There has been a lot of speculation, especially with the recent Journal article, but nothing has officially been released by Ford or the union concerning either the product or the plant.

And before anybody mentions the promise of a new product in the 2007 contract, keep in mind that Ford left themselves an out regarding unforeseen economic conditions, or down turn. Sorry, I can't remember the exact wording, but it's there. And...and this is only my opinion, even if that weren't there, I believe we're going to see the contract re-opened in the first half of next year anyway.

Why would they make an announcement, if they did they could not scare you into taking a buyout. They are more interested in cutting heads now! I was all set to take a package, and then developments in my personal life have now made it impossible at this point!

Edited by Furious1Auto

In the transition from tag to mass relief, has it been determined whether this is a short term or long term issue as, obviously, different parameters (i.e. contractual matters) will determine as to how it has to be handled? At this point, it would have been very enabling if we had copies of our current local and national agreements. However, for those who don't have access to the language, this is what it says "the parties agree to create an avenue other than significant downtime or disruptive line speed changes and the associated operational churn to address decreases or increases in volume requirements pursuant to customer demand. Therefore, it was agreed that in cases where the Vice President and Director of UAW Ford Department concurs as to the need to efficiently match capacity with demand, the Company may exercise the option to transition between relief pattersn (mass/tag). This letter does not impact the Company's right to address short term operating issues that require transition between relief patterns." This was another concession in the National Contract that we will all now have to live with. The questions still remains - is it long term or short term?

In the transition from tag to mass relief, has it been determined whether this is a short term or long term issue as, obviously, different parameters (i.e. contractual matters) will determine as to how it has to be handled? At this point, it would have been very enabling if we had copies of our current local and national agreements. However, for those who don't have access to the language, this is what it says "the parties agree to create an avenue other than significant downtime or disruptive line speed changes and the associated operational churn to address decreases or increases in volume requirements pursuant to customer demand. Therefore, it was agreed that in cases where the Vice President and Director of UAW Ford Department concurs as to the need to efficiently match capacity with demand, the Company may exercise the option to transition between relief pattersn (mass/tag). This letter does not impact the Company's right to address short term operating issues that require transition between relief patterns." This was another concession in the National Contract that we will all now have to live with. The questions still remains - is it long term or short term?

Language does not make it into the agreement by accident, it is just a matter of knowing the language and figuring out their motives!