OHAP

Dale143

Language does not make it into the agreement by accident, it is just a matter of knowing the language and figuring out their motives!

No, language doesn't happen by accident. The skill comes in the interpretation and implementation of the language. You have to know what the language REALLY means in order to apply it. Puts some people at a distinct disadvantage, doesn't it? Also, remember the old adage, Be careful of what you ask for, you might get it. The parties have been known to ask for things that they didn't know how to implement.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No, language doesn't happen by accident. The skill comes in the interpretation and implementation of the language. You have to know what the language REALLY means in order to apply it. Puts some people at a distinct disadvantage, doesn't it? Also, remember the old adage, Be careful of what you ask for, you might get it. The parties have been known to ask for things that they didn't know how to implement.

Or allow things that look harmless, because the defensive party is to ignorant to understand the purpose of the verbiage to begin with. I guess with rose colored glasses, and our eyes fixed on a bonus all is possible.

It's a simple premise, "Get them looking at one hand, so you can slap them with your other hand!"

This conversation takes me back to my first rebalance at OHAP. There was some Detroit dick I did not recognize there. I made a comment about preserving the UAW, and he retorted with Ford will be a much smaller company. This tells me that whoever this man was he knew something I didn't. It also shows me that they had this planned for some time.

84,000 traditional rate UAW members at Ford in 2004, 46,000 members in 2008. How many after the next round of buyouts?

Edited by Furious1Auto

Looks like we're going to mass relief starting Monday despite the efforts of the b.c.'s to get some ground rules laid down to protect the membership. As has been pointed out, the company has been able to do this due to a letter that is in the National Contract and has been okayed by National Ford Director Bob King. Our Chairman knew about this letter BEFORE the elections but tried to mislead the membership. Pucker up because you can be sure that there are more surprises yet to come! Maybe this is part of the reason we aren't getting any of our National or Local contract books....

Looks like we're going to mass relief starting Monday despite the efforts of the b.c.'s to get some ground rules laid down to protect the membership. As has been pointed out, the company has been able to do this due to a letter that is in the National Contract and has been okayed by National Ford Director Bob King. Our Chairman knew about this letter BEFORE the elections but tried to mislead the membership. Pucker up because you can be sure that there are more surprises yet to come! Maybe this is part of the reason we aren't getting any of our National or Local contract books....

No, it's always the printer's fault! :shades:

Spring how do you know if the Chairman received a letter before elections regarding mass relief what did it say? Spring who wrote the letter and when was it dated? Who else received the letter? Can you provide a copy and scan it right here on BON? Spring what exactly did the Chairman do to mislead the membership? DO really believe the BC's are trying to save the world? Tim Rowe didn't want to make a decision he says let the international make the call. Spring what exactly are these BC's trying to negotiate you said yourself Bob King from National Ford Department already made the call so what the hell are you talking about. Nick had his bargaining structure negotiating before we went on shutdown they all agreed mass relief was best for the membership to keep people from being laid off and they had a verbal agreement with the company before they left the meeting. Then when it came time for them to sign it Tim Rowe said let the international decide what to do. Doesn't he sound like a good leader he didn't want the heat from the membership so he wouldn't make a decision and put his signature on it. So BOB KING FROM THE NATIONAL FORD DEPARTMENT MADE THE DECISION ACCORDING TO SPRING. So far our BC's have given us a black eye and is the reason we are not breaking ground for our new product. They BC's agree to mass relief and shake hands with the company and turn around and refuse to sign the agreement after it was approved up north by Ford. NICK GALLOGLY KEPT HIS WORD WITH THE COMPANY AND WAS THE ONLY ONE TO MAKE THE HARD DECESSION AND SIGN THE AGREEMENT HE AND HIS TEAM NEGOTIATED. THE MAN IS TRYING TO KEEP EVERYONE WORKING AND IS WILLING TO DO WHATEVER IT TAKES IN OUR BEST INTREST.

Spring how do you know if the Chairman received a letter before elections regarding mass relief what did it say? Spring who wrote the letter and when was it dated? Who else received the letter? Can you provide a copy and scan it right here on BON? Spring what exactly did the Chairman do to mislead the membership? DO really believe the BC's are trying to save the world? Tim Rowe didn't want to make a decision he says let the international make the call. Spring what exactly are these BC's trying to negotiate you said yourself Bob King from National Ford Department already made the call so what the hell are you talking about. Nick had his bargaining structure negotiating before we went on shutdown they all agreed mass relief was best for the membership to keep people from being laid off and they had a verbal agreement with the company before they left the meeting. Then when it came time for them to sign it Tim Rowe said let the international decide what to do. Doesn't he sound like a good leader he didn't want the heat from the membership so he wouldn't make a decision and put his signature on it. So BOB KING FROM THE NATIONAL FORD DEPARTMENT MADE THE DECISION ACCORDING TO SPRING. So far our BC's have given us a black eye and is the reason we are not breaking ground for our new product. They BC's agree to mass relief and shake hands with the company and turn around and refuse to sign the agreement after it was approved up north by Ford. NICK GALLOGLY KEPT HIS WORD WITH THE COMPANY AND WAS THE ONLY ONE TO MAKE THE HARD DECESSION AND SIGN THE AGREEMENT HE AND HIS TEAM NEGOTIATED. THE MAN IS TRYING TO KEEP EVERYONE WORKING AND IS WILLING TO DO WHATEVER IT TAKES IN OUR BEST INTREST.How do you know that the b/c's agreed to what Nick was so quick to sign?Ask Nick to show you the contract that allows the company to go to mass relief.I had one of the b/c's show me the national contract.It's in there. As Nick had a copy of the contract BEFORE the election then it stands to sense that he knew about the letter.Who told you that Tim Rowe said to let the International make the decision?ALL three of the b/cs refused to sign the paper that Nick wanted signed.Yes,all of them told me that what Nick wanted signed was NOT what had been discussed.NICK WAS TRYING TO PULL ANOTHER FAST ONE.I know that they met for about seven hours on thursday.there must have been a heck of a difference from what they were supposed to have agreed to, and what Nick wanted signed!What the b/c's are probably trying to do is to get some protection built in for the membership.Have Nick show the membership a copy of the letter that he wanted the b/c'sto sign.That shouldn"t be hard to do.

Hey Veteran how do you know what happened? Where you there or are you saying what Nick told you? I talked to the bargaining guys too and they're telling me what Spring is saying on here so something is wrong and it looks like Nick is whats wrong this time. Does Nick and his flunkies (appointees) really think we're that stupid? I just want to know if we're really stuck with this guy for the next three years or can we do something about it? One of the relief guys said something about a petition. So we know we're getting mass on monday but what we don't know is whats going to happen to the relief guys in trim and chassis. Do they bump, go to available work, bust back to previous classification or what? Tim Rowe told me THAT was the sticking point and I believe him before I believe a damn word that Nick says because from what I've seen Nick's a damned liar.

Spring......that is not true. Actually, that is ridiculous. Your bargaining committee and many others have had the language that stated this, and they all voted to support the contract unanimously.

It has nothing to do with why the books are not out and you know it............all of the changed pages are available by just googling "ford contract",.....and you know that also......I am sure that is where you got the language you just posted above........so it is not a secret.

The contract books always took this long...even in a good year. Proofreading thousands of changed pages over and over...and then proofreading the proof.........then making 200,000 copies is not an overnight job. Please refrain from pointing the finger at "hiding language" at us...we don't hide language.

Secondly......That letter went in the contract because Bob King knew there were going to be major changes needed in operating patterns for many reasons...This for years had been the realm of the bargaining unit, and because it was so political...many Chairman would not make the right decision for their membership..but for there own preservation. This letter let's our Vice President make the best decision for the UAW as a whole, something most Chairmen ...and bargaining committeemen will not do....even if the facts say it is necessary...for they are all political creatures in tough economic times and they want to remain in office.........very simply a human survival technique that is not based on sound judgement of fact.

Every single plant is going through a change in it's operating patterns...everyone different based on unique attributes.........your plant is no different and needs to do it's part to benefit the whole.......I wish none of this was necessary and we could all stay fat and happy in our excess.....I really do Spring, but the buckle has to tighten a notch..we have to pay for these new products and bodyshops somehow...and it isn't happening in sales that's for sure.

Spring......that is not true. Actually, that is ridiculous. Your bargaining committee and many others have had the language that stated this, and they all voted to support the contract unanimously.

It has nothing to do with why the books are not out and you know it............all of the changed pages are available by just googling "ford contract",.....and you know that also......I am sure that is where you got the language you just posted above........so it is not a secret.

The contract books always took this long...even in a good year. Proofreading thousands of changed pages over and over...and then proofreading the proof.........then making 200,000 copies is not an overnight job. Please refrain from pointing the finger at "hiding language" at us...we don't hide language.

Secondly......That letter went in the contract because Bob King knew there were going to be major changes needed in operating patterns for many reasons...This for years had been the realm of the bargaining unit, and because it was so political...many Chairman would not make the right decision for their membership..but for there own preservation. This letter let's our Vice President make the best decision for the UAW as a whole, something most Chairmen ...and bargaining committeemen will not do....even if the facts say it is necessary...for they are all political creatures in tough economic times and they want to remain in office.........very simply a human survival technique that is not based on sound judgement of fact.

Every single plant is going through a change in it's operating patterns...everyone different based on unique attributes.........your plant is no different and needs to do it's part to benefit the whole.......I wish none of this was necessary and we could all stay fat and happy in our excess.....I really do Spring, but the buckle has to tighten a notch..we have to pay for these new products and bodyshops somehow...and it isn't happening in sales that's for sure.

First of all Level, you aren't at our plant, are you? Secondly, Nick campaigned for Chairman on the basis that he was the candidate who WOULDN"T allow the company to go to tag relief, even though he offered it to the company in negotiations. As for the local contract books taking this long? Not buying it at all! The National Contract books I can see taking a bit longer even if it's just due to the sheer volume but not with the local. As for this situation it has always come down to the question if it is short term or long term. Now in understanding that none of us has a crystal ball and cannot predict what this economy is going to do, let's not use a date. Let's use a order/volume number instead. That shouldn't be too hard but even that is not forthcoming. Then there is the ambiguous language "of a continuous nature". Define continuous in regards to this situation? Kind of like trying to get them to define "temporary", isn't it? Want to know what happened Level? I spoke to my bargaining rep and he told me that Nick accused him of wanting the International to make the decision and he told Nick that he was a liar and that he needed to do whatever he needed to do. The letter regarding this issue came to Nick from the International because Nick is the one who involved them because he couldn't handle the situation himself. Now was I there? Nope but I believe what Tim told me quicker than I will some nameless, anonymous specter in cyberspace (Veteran). The International told the local that the company could take us to mass relief. No one is denying that but the local was told to work out the details and that has not been done yet. There are provisions in the master and local agreements for situations such as that if they would just go by the book and if they're going to get creative, let us at least err on the side of seniority! Level, you cannot tell me that it is okay to take 25-30 year or plus employees who are relief people and just shove them on available work when there are younger relief people in the areas not affected by mass relief! You cannot tell me that it's okay to do this to the senior people and not let them at least bust back to their previous classification! You cannot tell me that it's okay to shove them on "available work" when you've got people with NO TIME "temporarily" assigned out to the garage and 400 building! There have been palatable, alternative suggestions made to the company by the bargaining structure that would help us with our launch, be amenable to the displaced relief people and alleviate any potential churning but the chairman doesn't want to hear it because it comes from the bargaining structure and not him. And back to the proofreading of the local agreement - you'd have to find one of those sycophants that have the actual ability to read in the first place in order for them to proofread it! For the length of time it's taken thus far you'd think that they were trying to proofread War and Peace!

This mass relief thing is going to be one giant cluster fuck. And while our bc's and chairman are running around the plant bitching about one or the other has or hasn't done... once again nobody is looking out for the membership. All of our elected officials need to quit the he said, she said bullshit politics and start doing the job they were elected to do.

Bottom line, the company based on language in the national contract, is going to do this. We've all seen how well Ford runs it's business and makes decisions, so how do you expect this will be handled. Spring, Tim Rowe needs to STFU and do his job. He doesn't need to be on the floor sowing more dissent towards our leadership. I don't know what the hell Nick wants, but anything is better than letting the company have free reign over this process.

I've been here a year and a half, and I'm so sick and tired of this bullshit. If we don't get a product or OHAP closes it's because our union leadership acts like a bunch of dumbasses that would rather play politics than represent the best interests of the membership. While not everybody may like the decisions that are made they (our elected officials) need to agree to something and present a united front, to the the company and the membership.

Anyway, that's my rant. Nothing, absolutely nothing, has been done to address the implementation of mass relief. Monday is going to be a mess, and while the membership is getting screwed over, our bc's will be blaming Nick, Nick will be blaming our bc's, and our area committeemen will be taking sides but unable to do anything.

Note to Nick and all the other elected officials-- IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU!

This mass relief thing is going to be one giant cluster fuck. And while our bc's and chairman are running around the plant bitching about one or the other has or hasn't done... once again nobody is looking out for the membership. All of our elected officials need to quit the he said, she said bullshit politics and start doing the job they were elected to do.

Bottom line, the company based on language in the national contract, is going to do this. We've all seen how well Ford runs it's business and makes decisions, so how do you expect this will be handled. Spring, Tim Rowe needs to STFU and do his job. He doesn't need to be on the floor sowing more dissent towards our leadership. I don't know what the hell Nick wants, but anything is better than letting the company have free reign over this process.

I've been here a year and a half, and I'm so sick and tired of this bullshit. If we don't get a product or OHAP closes it's because our union leadership acts like a bunch of dumbasses that would rather play politics than represent the best interests of the membership. While not everybody may like the decisions that are made they (our elected officials) need to agree to something and present a united front, to the the company and the membership.

Anyway, that's my rant. Nothing, absolutely nothing, has been done to address the implementation of mass relief. Monday is going to be a mess, and while the membership is getting screwed over, our bc's will be blaming Nick, Nick will be blaming our bc's, and our area committeemen will be taking sides but unable to do anything.

Deeznuts.... you aren't nuts at all...you should be deezsmart.

I was told that there was some agreement that Nick made with the company that the bargaining reps refused to sign - all three of them refused to sign it. What's up with that? I think we all need to see this agreement and see what's really going on. Somebody isn't being straight up and Monday is going to be a cluster you know what! Pretty bad when you can't trust the union not to screw you! SHOW US THE AGREEMENT THAT NOBODY IS AGREEING TO!

I was told that there was some agreement that Nick made with the company that the bargaining reps refused to sign - all three of them refused to sign it. What's up with that? I think we all need to see this agreement and see what's really going on. Somebody isn't being straight up and Monday is going to be a cluster you know what! Pretty bad when you can't trust the union not to screw you! SHOW US THE AGREEMENT THAT NOBODY IS AGREEING TO!

Since there is no Union meeting stop by Nicks office he'll show it to you as he did me and anyone who has asked. Also there have been notes took during the meeting by one of ERC's regarding the agreement that wasn't signed. Tim Rowe didn't want him in there so there would be no record of what is being said he asked for the ERC to not be present in the meeting. Keep playing with words people there are notes to back up everything that is going on in those meetings. Once again some people are going to learn the hard way by cold hard facts. I wish the BC's would step up and be leaders by making the unpopular decision and just explain why they had to do it. All we want is the truth not politics by not doing anything. TIM ROWE YOU ARE NOT GOING TO CLOSE OUR PLANT GET OF YOUR ASS AND DO SOMETHING BESIDES RIDING IN THE BUGGY WITH JERRY ALL FREAKIN DAY.

Since there is no Union meeting stop by Nicks office he'll show it to you as he did me and anyone who has asked. Also there have been notes took during the meeting by one of ERC's regarding the agreement that wasn't signed. Tim Rowe didn't want him in there so there would be no record of what is being said he asked for the ERC to not be present in the meeting. Keep playing with words people there are notes to back up everything that is going on in those meetings. Once again some people are going to learn the hard way by cold hard facts. I wish the BC's would step up and be leaders by making the unpopular decision and just explain why they had to do it. All we want is the truth not politics by not doing anything. TIM ROWE YOU ARE NOT GOING TO CLOSE OUR PLANT GET OF YOUR ASS AND DO SOMETHING BESIDES RIDING IN THE BUGGY WITH JERRY ALL FREAKIN DAY.

Since Ol Nick seems to be telling you everything then why don't you tell all us whats going on? Whats going to happen on Monday to the reliefmen? I just know that when I've gone up to Nicks office and knock on the door nobody ever ansers it. I guess I just don't know the secret knock. We all going to available work or are they letting us bump back to our previous clasifcation? Are they letting any of us senior guys bump into body or paint or the garage? I heard we was going to keep our rate of pay. How long? Just asking since you let on that you know whats going on. Do we report to our areas on Monday? What about stocking the jobs the first hour like we been doing? Whos going to do that? We still aint got no ansers on any of that!

Since Ol Nick seems to be telling you everything then why don't you tell all us whats going on? Whats going to happen on Monday to the reliefmen? I just know that when I've gone up to Nicks office and knock on the door nobody ever ansers it. I guess I just don't know the secret knock. We all going to available work or are they letting us bump back to our previous clasifcation? Are they letting any of us senior guys bump into body or paint or the garage? I heard we was going to keep our rate of pay. How long? Just asking since you let on that you know whats going on. Do we report to our areas on Monday? What about stocking the jobs the first hour like we been doing? Whos going to do that? We still aint got no ansers on any of that!

Hey Flash,

Why not ask Michael or Tim. It's just a shame that the BC's choose to play the blame game instead of just doing the job they were elected to do. Im sure Monday is going to be a cluster. You can thank Larry, Moe, and Shemp for that. Or make that (Michael, Tim, and Pischone)

Hey Flash,

Why not ask Michael or Tim. It's just a shame that the BC's choose to play the blame game instead of just doing the job they were elected to do. Im sure Monday is going to be a cluster. You can thank Larry, Moe, and Shemp for that. Or make that (Michael, Tim, and Pischone)

Whoa buddy you got the wrong guy. I did talk to Pischone about this and he said that Nick was wrong on this and he couldn't sign the letter or whatever it was Nick wanted them to sign. Call folks names all you want but it don't change the fact that theres something really fishy about the hole thing when all three wont sign something and Pischone was on Nicks ticket. Namecallign aint going to change the fact that Nick is screwing me and the rest of the reliefmen over and don't give a shit about our seniority. Say whatever you want but it still dont make it right.

Whoa buddy you got the wrong guy. I did talk to Pischone about this and he said that Nick was wrong on this and he couldn't sign the letter or whatever it was Nick wanted them to sign. Call folks names all you want but it don't change the fact that theres something really fishy about the hole thing when all three wont sign something and Pischone was on Nicks ticket. Namecallign aint going to change the fact that Nick is screwing me and the rest of the reliefmen over and don't give a shit about our seniority. Say whatever you want but it still dont make it right.

Whoa buddy you are the guy Flash.

Nick's ticket?who would that be?

anybody who wasn't on the flash

ticket?you been telling us how you

control all the solidarity politics.

Did you tell them you are running

for bargaining yet?

Did you tell mary what you been

telling us about?you know?you

told us she was an illegal e.r.c rep

getting paid a king's ransom back

in the day. Why is she complaining

about e.r.c reps at all.

That shit you said about ladikos

needing to go back to the line

was funny as hell.

That shit you said about rowe was

off the hook.

If he didn't sign any agreement

before did you expect him to sign

anything now?

Hey, when you get a chance

and your in the plant?

Come see us.

Oh!, I almost forgot.

The only thing fishy here

IS YOUR DAMN BREATH!!

yours always,

SOUPBEANS

sWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What was wrong about calling a special membership meeting.They can do that .Present ALL the facts to the membership and let them have input as to what to do.Simple really.

What was wrong about calling a special membership meeting.They can do that .Present ALL the facts to the membership and let them have input as to what to do.Simple really.

You know they aint going to do that. Nick don't think he has to anser to no one. Hell he aint giving all the facts to the bcs why would he give them to us?

he couldn't sign the letter or whatever it was Nick wanted them to sign.
The letter stating that the BC's agreed with going to Temporary mass wasn't ready until Monday the23rd. Mike P called Nick on Saturday (he called other people too) to tell Nick that He and Rowe would not be signing the letter.

The letter stating that the BC's agreed with going to Temporary mass wasn't ready until Monday the23rd. Mike P called Nick on Saturday (he called other people too) to tell Nick that He and Rowe would not be signing the letter.

Why not? Whats in this letter thats so bad?

Why not? Whats in this letter thats so bad?

Good question. The letter wasn't ready until Monday. The Saturday phone call occurred before the letter was even typed. It seems as if the wording of the letter had no influence on the BC''s decision to recant the agreement reached with the company on Friday the 21st. They agreed to a course of action that would have allowed us to determine the nature of the temporary mass relief. Now the International has made the decision and, according to the letter they sent Nick and Joe Lee, the International will determine when the volume has increased enough to warrant reinstituting the tag relief. You know I've always said that it would be a lot easier to run this plant from Detroit if it were located in Detroit. I guess our bargaining people want to prove that for us.

You can say that again brother!

There is no emanate danger as of yet, the question is if an when 120 relief people have to assimilate back into labor pool, when and how do they do it. I am left to believe that all are waiting on the results of the next buyout offer. Displace senior employees then offer a targeted buyout. Seems like a solid plan to eliminate senior employees, just like not offering inverse layoffs to senior people at BP. Force them into hard labor then offer targeted buyouts.

Many at our plant were under the impression that since OHAP was guaranteed a new product that we were safe, then people came to know that the guarantee's were based on market conditions. Now that the false sense of security is gone does everyone still feel safe? The threat was enough to secure a contract ratification, But is it enough to keep everyone working. I'm not pointing fingers, only pointing out the facts. The company is very good at this game, and the union will catch the heat for any pain caused!

Edited by Furious1Auto

• 3 weeks later...