I was hoping to buy a new Grand Marquis in about 2 or 3 years when I get out of college as I think they are an excellent value and know how reliable they are ( I don't want any of that FWD jap crap). But I was just wondering just how much longer the Panther cars will be in production and if I can expect to see the 3 valve 4.6 with a 6 speed anytime soon? Thanks

Edited by 94bronco

Yes, two valve 4.6L engine, 4 Speed ( 3 speed with over drive) Automatic Transmission, single exhaust, all the previous updates, and of course more decontenting.

I thought I heard that the outside door and fender moldings used to protect the body from dents is now deleted on the Crown Victoria, I guess that will save a few dollars and give it better fuel economy.

I wish I could say something more positive, and you must know that I have two panthers (CV), in my driveway, 99 and a 04. My wife has a heavy foot, and gets 22 miles per gallon with her 99, whereas my 04 Sport gets 25 to 26 miles on the freeway, and that is with the Super chip program. Just sucks that I have to use 91 fuel, and she uses 87!

What I find a joke, is how this car was rated in 2005 by Forbes, with the three panthers (CV, GM and Town Car) taking 3 out of 5 spots of the five safest cars. Now in 2008 its the five hundred, whoops, Taurus that makes the list!

Oh, but wait, you must stock the cars at the dealership, to show that you really want to market this Carline. Now that the 09 GM will be special order for 09, along with 08 and above CV sold to fleets only, you can see where Fords heart is.

Yes but we can market a 08 Sport in the Middle East, and call it the Special Edition. GCC must be in the business to sell cars, as they have had more models available in their dealerships then the US Market has in the past five years. And yes, the GCC has all the lastest parts, such as the Ford new grill, ect.

I was reviewing the specs for the 2009 Grand Marquis as listed on the website "www.leftlanenews.com", and it indicates the Grand Marquis is retail order only, but comes standard with the rear air suspension, and by my reading of the specs, is now rated to tow 6,600 lbs.

The rear air suspension is one of my favorite features - I've hauled 1,200 lbs of concrete mix in the back of my current Grand Marquis. My 94 had RAS as well, and it never gave me any problems.

Fog lights are standard, as well as side air bags. The only options are:

Wood and leather steering wheel

heated front seats

Cassette/CD

chrome wheels

Power adj. pedals

If it is true, the 2009 sounds pretty good as a vehicle equipped the way I would like to order. Well, I'd probably replace the single with a dual exhaust, but other than that....

New for 2010 will be crank windows and manual locks, and you'll have to order it back over here from Saudi Arabia. :hysterical::banghead::redcard:

Oh, but wait, you must stock the cars at the dealership, to show that you really want to market this Carline. Now that the 09 GM will be special order for 09, along with 08 and above CV sold to fleets only, you can see where Fords heart is.

Yes but we can market a 08 Sport in the Middle East, and call it the Special Edition. GCC must be in the business to sell cars, as they have had more models available in their dealerships then the US Market has in the past five years. And yes, the GCC has all the lastest parts, such as the Ford new grill, ect.

Better watch it there new guy, don't let the :cheerleader: s (Panther haters for the newbs) get wind of your pro-Panther talk, they'll internet bitchslappin' ya in line before you can say "Five Hundread".

Edited by Armada Master

• 4 weeks later...
I was hoping to buy a new Grand Marquis in about 2 or 3 years when I get out of college as I think they are an excellent value and know how reliable they are ( I don't want any of that FWD jap crap). But I was just wondering just how much longer the Panther cars will be in production and if I can expect to see the 3 valve 4.6 with a 6 speed anytime soon? Thanks

You can buy a 2004 Mercury Marauder 4 valves ,DOHC ,302 HP , 18" wheels, rear spoiler ,fog lamps , rear air suspension , floor shifter , extra gauges etc .....

post-29299-1215451973_thumb.jpg

I wouldn't mind a Marauder but they are getting pretty old and will be 7-8 years old by the time I buy a car, I might just buy a Taurus if I like how the new one looks when it comes out or maybe a Fusion. Of course if for some reason gas is cheap when I buy a new car I will be buying a V10 Superduty as I really like trucks more than cars anyway.