Autoblog Drives Flex

hbalek

Sounds like they liked it.

A couple thoughts with the vehicle....why are those reverse sensors not painted? Also, I agree with them that the wood, or "wood" is too glossy to even be considered "real". I prefer the Range Rover/Land Rover "dull" (non-glossy) approach, it looks a lot better, IMO. Of course, it's probably real wood too.

Sounds like they liked it.

A couple thoughts with the vehicle....why are those reverse sensors not painted? Also, I agree with them that the wood, or "wood" is too glossy to even be considered "real". I prefer the Range Rover/Land Rover "dull" (non-glossy) approach, it looks a lot better, IMO. Of course, it's probably real wood too.

My sentiments exactly regarding the 'high-gloss' finish. OTT, the Flex looks like a winner here. Even the naysayers are bitching is not 'utilitarian' for minivan shoppers. You want standout (dare I say Bold?) looks but you want a minivan. I'm reserving my judgement if sliding doors on the Flex would have worked better however, I got no complaints.

Love the part on the 'use the O/D button'. So much for screaming for a manumatic...maybe for the MCE. :shades:

My sentiments exactly regarding the 'high-gloss' finish. OTT, the Flex looks like a winner here. Even the naysayers are bitching is not 'utilitarian' for minivan shoppers. You want standout (dare I say Bold?) looks but you want a minivan. I'm reserving my judgement if sliding doors on the Flex would have worked better however, I got no complaints.

Love the part on the 'use the O/D button'. So much for screaming for a manumatic...maybe for the MCE. :shades:

I liked how they mentioned the Flex's target buyer likely wouldn't be interested in a manumatic and stopped there, rather than MotorTrend's approach. Who knows, maybe we could see something (a manumatic) with the EB 3.5?

I liked how they mentioned the Flex's target buyer likely wouldn't be interested in a manumatic and stopped there, rather than MotorTrend's approach. Who knows, maybe we could see something (a manumatic) with the EB 3.5?

could be cool but im not sure if the Flex was desinged for "racer" type driving, i much rather them put it into the fusion....look how many V70Rs there are....

could be cool but im not sure if the Flex was desinged for "racer" type driving, i much rather them put it into the fusion....look how many V70Rs there are....

I understand it's not a "racing" type car. Really, I was thinking more along the lines of the engine itself....in whatever applications it has (Flex, MKS, etc.), I'd think it'd be a logical idea that it'd have a manumatic mode, since it is a more "sporty" engine.